• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Player Profiles

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is Ill do my best.

(Maybe I can send him a PM about how his name is being bandied aboot for an open spot in this intense fantasy league we're in? It worked on me when he did it.)

Hope you can do something. I hope he will return

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you can do something. I hope he will return
I just bounced over to the A League Thread....

While Milk and I were going back and forth on baseball hypotheticals shit got heavy, again.

Maybe I'll go see Star Wars tonight and see if I can figure out how to use the force for good.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bounced over to the A League Thread....

While Milk and I were going back and forth on baseball hypotheticals shit got heavy, again.

Maybe I'll go see Star Wars tonight and see if I can figure out how to use the force for good.

Yeah it got pretty real last night. I wouldn't have left the league because of it especially considering Shady and Chef aren't even in the same league

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys thank you so much for doing this. I think with all that has gone on the last couple of weeks this is good way to try and be more of a community going forward (even though nothing has calmed down on the main board). Already we've had 17 current MBBRL members do this and 1 potential B league candidate. Not bad for the first day after I posted it. There are still 6 people that haven't participated: @TREFF @Yellow Fuzzies @SteelersPride @The Foot @averagejoe and @Chef99
Are potential candidates allowed to do this? If so, I will post mine later tonight...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not. Just make it funny cuz we could all really use a laugh.
I have no sense of humor, though. Maybe you could try reading it in a british accent or something to spice it up a bit.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah last night. Try to get him back for us

Stahp already. I will post my profile, tho.

I think I'm lubricated enough...well, not quite yet.

Coupla more little drinkies...I think it will be one helluva profile! :nod::nod::nod:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bandit, I don't think you put enough words in this thing!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Joe

Fantasy Screen Name: averagejoe

Why that name? It was an established phrase and seemed to fit my demeanor. Plus, they say first impressions are important. Didn't want to come off as some pompous jerk by my screen name.

I'll do Joe's for him.

Hi, I'm Joe. I'm old. I'm Average. I'm Joe.

City and State of Residence: In a small suburb 50 miles northwest of Chicago. Only a half hour from the Wisconsin border.

Time Zone: Central (Norris)

Married or Single: Eloped after knowing her 2 months! Been married over 27 years. Saved a ton of money and headaches on wedding expenses and scheduling. Had 3 separate receptions not organized by us, and still received good gifts. Eloping is the way to go.

Children: One 20-something son who sadly has no interest in sports. However he will lace up the skates and play hockey and occasionally watch a hockey game with dear ole dad. (10 minutes of one anyway.)

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Sadly, I'll be working until I'm dead. Was laid off from a major telecommunications company after 32 years. Been delivering mail for the postal service the last 5 years. Hard adjustment for a guy who had a desk job that long. It has its bad days but I actually like being outside - yes, even in a brutal Chicago winter. (So long as it's 30 or above I'm actually comfortable.)

Work hours: 8-4 generally. I refuse to work OT.

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Usually when I get home or on my day off. The days that I may post the least are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Fantasy Football board mostly. Bears' board sometimes if they aren't arguing with each other. Blackhawks board has dwindled to 2 active posters not including me. Just sad. (Side note that one of the more active posters on the Blackhawks board a few years ago was a Penguins fan - DoobeeDoobeeDoo.)

How long have you been playing fantasy football? Since 2001.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? As The Who sang, "I'm a substitute for another guy." Was asked to join a draft last minute. I didn't know anything about FF and did zero research. I figured the "host" of the draft party would fill me in on the details or rules. Drafted kicker Martin Gramatica with my 3rd pick. Was a disaster BUT I WAS HOOKED.

What brought you to the MBBRL? I had questions about FF. My friends wanted to watch TV or work on their cars. Stumbled across the CBS message board. Met the others. They convinced me to join. I went kicking and screaming.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? Three.
How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? Four. (7 total)

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? Not to brag, but I generally make at least one playoff out of the 7 leagues each season. Made 3 playoffs in 2016. No titles.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? I see a lot of guys are replying "the draft." I usually make at least 1 mistake in the draft. So while it is exciting... NOT the draft. Favorite thing has to be being right about a player who was under the radar that no one else had targeted. Or being right about a guy that was too hyped, and I avoided.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? Finding at least one or 2 under the radar guys each year.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Letting go. Whether it be trades or waivers. For some reason I get "attached" to players I draft. And if I "talk" about them on the boards... then it's really tough to give up on them.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? Had to be Boomer back on the CBS boards.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? Gronk. He's drafted way to early for my taste. I see owners tripping over themselves to get him, only for him to find new ways to miss games, which hose up those 5 precious bench spots for a sub-par TE fill-in. No thank you.

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time? Had serious man crushes on Torry Holt, Marc Bulger and LaDanian Tomlinson. And I usually was able to draft them too.

Last edited:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Gary B

Fantasy Screen Name: Femurov

Why that name? So, when I was a freshman in college, I broke my femur, thus earning the nickname Femur. When we played intermural hockey, we decided to add "ov" to the names on our jerseys and field the Russian team, which would be greater than the Russian line of that time (mid 90s). When I signed up for my first message board, oddly enough, "Femur" was taken. So, I added the ov, and voila!

City and State of Residence: Annapolis, MD

Time Zone: EST

Married or Single: Married

Children: 14 YO daughter than I inherited and 7 YO son.

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Front of House Manager at a restaurant/bar.

Work hours: mostly nights. My early shift is from 2pm to 10pm. If I close on a weekend night, I could be leaving as late as 4am.

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Whenever I can.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Mock Drafts, Denver Broncos, Fantasy Football Forum. Every once in a while I will check out a forum on the front page that sounds interesting to me.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? All together, about 13 years or so. My buddy started a league on AOL while I was in college, but it only lasted a couple years. Then, we started my main league in 2003 when my roommate and another buddy came in about 2 hours before kickoff of the first Thursday night game and said 2 other buddies were coming over and we were going to draft for a fantasy football league. It started with 5 teams, a salary cap, 3 ww moves for the whole year, no head to head, only total points, updates on a stack of papers that my buddy had to print out every week, no money. After 3 expansions and many rule tweaks, it is a very solid, very fun and active Fantasy Football League. We start 7 IDPs and a Punter.

Why did you start playing fantasy football?
That's what I was born to do.

What brought you to the MBBRL? I have always wanted to do a dynasty league and have never gotten past the first year or two before they folded. I heard about the D2 needing people and expressed interest and the rest is history. I am well on my way of putting the "dynasty" in Dynasty 2... or maybe putting the D in dynasty? I don't know, but I kicked they ass!

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? Just the D2, but I have been nominated to join the MBBRL B League and will gladly kick their asses, like I did in D2. Did I mention that, already? Championship!

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? 6. D2 was my only free one. The aforementioned main league, work league, friend from work's league, Nos's Auction league (my first ever auction league), and one that I sort of accidentally joined last year and won, so I felt obligated to do it again.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? I won D2... I think I forgot to say that... and made the playoffs in every other league, except for the accidental league. I got smashed in that one. I dominated the auction league, but lost twice in the playoffs and ended up in 4th. Won 3rd in both my work league and friend from work's league. Lost by 1.11 (.01 before the stat adjustment) in my main league.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? The draft. I especially love live drafts and most especially the one in my main league. It runs pretty close to what the real NFL draft is like (except with a few blunts roaming around). We trade mid draft, have a buddy that is not in the league who announces the picks as he inputs them into the computer. I usually roam around the room and talk trades with people who are on the clock, just to fuck with them and use up their time. We fine people $1 for going over their time and they get ridiculed mercilessly.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute?
Now, my experience and knowledge of the game. Real NFL and Fantasy-wise. My willingness to not panic after an 0-2 start and drop all my guys and pick up a bunch of "flavor of the weeks". And my savvy trade negotiations.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? I have a tendency to target and hang on to players too long. Guys like Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, etc. I also sometimes shy away from guys who I think have a "one hit wonder" possibility to them, whether it is in season on the ww, or on draft day after someone comes out of nowhere and has a big year.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? I haven't found a guy on this board that I DON'T like... well, there is one guy I am a little weary about, but I don't think he is in any of the MBBRLs. I tend to listen more to advice from Treff, TLance, TKO, Chef, and Harold. For no other reason than I found myself agreeing with them while I was more of a lurker and they were answering other people's questions. Not so much the players they were picking, but the reasoning behind why they were picking them, which is more important, imo.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? I will NEVER completely take a player off of my board. I hear people say that every year and laugh to myself. It's tough to say right now, though. I usually have someone in mind that I feel will get overdrafted because they killed it this year and will fall back down to earth next year. The guy people may expect me to say is Allen Robinson, since he burnt me in 2 of my leagues. But I think he will fall next year during draft time and may be a solid bounce back candidate. I'm losing my love affair with Jarvis Landry. And, weird as it might sound since he will probably be one of my keepers in my main league, I think Lesean McCoy will be going top 5 in redrafts next season and I don't think I will take him that high.

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time?
Very tough to say. I would think it would be Jerry Rice. He was putting up today-type numbers 30 years ago at a position that was probably nowhere near as sought after as it is now. During my career, though (after my hiatus, of course), probably Ladanian Tomlinson. He was my first round pick (#2 overall) in that initial 5 man league.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Chris

Fantasy Screen Name: Chef99 (I think SportsHoopla gave me the 99 and I decided it was good luck)

Why that name? I actually tried to get an old nickname, Shaggy, but couldn't. SportsHoopla's boss has good taste.

City and State of Residence: Texas by way of New Jersey

Time Zone: Twilight

Married or Single: Divorced

Children: Maybe

Occupation: Yep, I'm a chef. Although, my title these days is some dopey sh*t like "Dining Director". I don't pay attention to it. I do one f*ck of a lot more computer work, tho. But I digress...

Work Hours: Lololololol! Fuggedaboutit! I put in around 50 hours in 4 days tho, so I usually have 3 days off.

Nationality: Half Italian, half Danish. I kid you not; I am a cannoli

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Mainly when I'm awake, which is when I'm not sleeping. I may be a Sleep Poster, tho; in fact, I may be the first known case of Sleep Posting. One day I will be the subject of a bestseller and hopefully the cheap bastard who writes it will flip me a few bucks for making him famous. Or her. Let's be fair now.

What SportsHoopla Boards are you active on? Used to be active on the baseball and football, now just FF baseball and FF football. I think I might go check out the other boards again.

How long have you been playing fantasy sports? Oof. Started playing fantasy baseball in 2005? Mark Pryor's rookie season. I snagged him off the wire when the Cubs called him up, and I think he kicked ass for a coupla games. I was proud as hell of myself. I forget what happened, but pretty sure my team was up there at the end. It was at a college where I cooked at the time, and the league was all kitchen and waitstaff. We couldn't wait to see each other every day to talk sh*t. It was awesome.

Thanks @canesandfinsfanatic for making me remember that. We used a site called Fanball back then. It was free and we loved it. I checked it out a few years later and it had turned into a pay site that was just terrible. I believe it is no longer around.

Once again, I digress. Bear with me; I think I am warming up.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? @tlance and @wilwhite .

What brought you to the MBBRL? I got into the CBS fantasy boards before they gave everyone the massive FU; I really didn't know as much as the big posters did, but I tried hard and asked for advice. Didn't stop me from being a smug smartass, tho; Tlance either saw something in me or took pity on me; asked me to join the first MBBRL Fantasy Baseball league. There are only two baseball leagues I have been in that match the greatness of the first two years of that one; I am still in both of them. Somewhere along the line, Tlance recommended me to Wil, and I joined Barbarians at the Gate in its second year.

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? besides MBBRL? I dropped one, so 3. Still in it. One of those half Week 16/17 championship things.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? 6. Won 1 with 1 pending. I need to go check my lineup, now that I think about it.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Mainly the camaraderie, but also the competition. The more I know about the members of a league, the more fun I have with it. Sidenote: Haha, I just copied @FaCe-LeE-uS 's reply here, although I fixed the spelling on that one word, and hadda look it up to do it. Anyway Face, thanks for the canvas. Getting into some good stuff now...

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? I'm good enough and entertaining enough to keep people interested. Actually, scratch that; I'm very good. When I want to be.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Impulsiveness. Can't help it. Just can't help myself. I think I do a very good job of keeping my craziness confined, tho; if I give an opinion to someone else, I try hard as hell to give the most sensible opinion I can. Only gotten bitched out once or twice I think, so I'm doin' ok there. I think.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? So many good ones here, almost impossible to say. Twist my arm and I will go with Bandit and TKO for their excellent breakdowns and recaps.

Ray+liotta+can+t+laugh+_199aab7c22acd0358954b6a53dec85ed.gif
This is because I just read that Face called me a clown. He is correct.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? Is TRich still active? Because I swear I would beat that sumbitch down if I ever saw him in person. Well wait, I'm sure TRich is still pretty f*cking big. Scratch that. I'll go with Lacy. A wide receiver made him look like a pussy.

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time? Bill Belichick. I dare someone to prove me wrong.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Mainly the camaraderie, but also the competition. The more I know about the members of a league, the more fun I have with it. Sidenote: Haha, I just copied @FaCe-LeE-uS 's reply here, although I fixed the spelling on that one word, and hadda look it up to do it. Anyway Face, thanks for the canvas. Getting into some good stuff now...
:gaah: Did Google fail me????

xjnxnyf.png

Ray+liotta+can+t+laugh+_199aab7c22acd0358954b6a53dec85ed.gif
This is because I just read that Face called me a clown. He is correct.

Liar!

200.gif

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah: Did Google fail me????

xjnxnyf.png

Liar!

200.gif

Yes, no, and I don't know what Pinocchio is doing here; I am just surprised as hell that I spelled his name right on the very first time. ;)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, no, and I don't know what Pinocchio is doing here; I am just surprised as hell that I spelled his name right on the very first time. ;)
Do you prefer the saying liar liar...

UBqrl.gif

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Matt

Fantasy Screen Name: Stomp

Why that name? My favorite players signature move

City and State of Residence: Anchorage Alaska

Time Zone: Alaska

Married or Single: Single

Children: none

Work Hours: 1 to 9pm M-F usually

Nationality: Native American, German, French, Russian

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Lurk a lot from my phone all day, but usually only post when i'm home at my computer very late at night

What SportsHoopla Boards are you active on? Detroit Lions and this one

How long have you been playing fantasy sports? Someone started a league at my work in 2011.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? Boss and bosses wife talking smack she won the first 2 championships

What brought you to the MBBRL? Reading the MBBRL threads really impressed me so when a couple spots opened up in 2014 i decided to throw my name into the mix and you guys were nice enough to let me in :love:Not trying to be a kiss ass, but you guys are amazing

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? 8 3 MMBRL (Barbarians, D2, Suicide B), 2 Lions board (Defenders of the den, Lions Pride), 2 other SportsHoopla leagues(Alpha and First take), and my work league

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? 3 playoff teams with only one team making a final(and losing)

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Love football and love being a nerd FF is a great mesh, plus the smack talk, ego boost when you're right, and friendships are all cool too.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? I like taking risks it seems like whenever i go conservative i just end up disappointed

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Probably also the risk taking drafting injured guys, rookies, players on new teams, and not grabbing hand cuffs

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? You guys are all great, but if i had to single someone out i'd have to say Joe has influenced my drafting and fantasy knowledge the most his charts/ fantasy articles are always appreciated.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? hmm been avoiding Jamaal Charles every time i draft him he gets hurt