• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Player Profiles

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF @The Foot @leftypower @Yellow Fuzzies @MilkSpiller22 @Ram Tough @SmokingMonkey @tlance @Trudem @broncosmitty @obxyankeefan @SteelersPride @FaCe-LeE-uS @Barilko @Sam Sportboy @averagejoe @Chef99 @HaroldSeattle @TKOSpikes @SoShady @bksballer89

So I have an idea because not everybody came to this wonderful league the same way. With everything going on right now, I think it would be a welcome distraction to get us thinking about why we love this game and this league so much. I think we should all fill out a small questionnaire with some information about us so we all have an idea of who the people are in this league. I know you guys by your screen names, and I know some of you have kids and some of you are retired, but I think it would be nice to know a little bit about everybody. If you don’t want to do this, just tell me to kiss your ass, I won’t mind one bit. I also think any potential new members should fill out this same questionnaire to help us make our decision on who to invite into our wonderful little league. I will go first of course.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Brian Carraway (And I don't care one bit if anybody has my last name)

Fantasy Screen Name: bandit

Why that name? because I grew up in the 80's and he was the coolest. Honestly though I just kind of picked it. Really like it though.

City and State of Residence: Titusville, FL

Time Zone: Eastern

Married or Single: Married

Children: 2 a just turned 6 year old girl and a 4 year old boy

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Still an Insurance Agent

Work hours: all the freaking time. I work from home which sounds like it's awesome, but it makes it really hard to stop working.

When do you post to SportsHoopla: all the time, but you'll hardly ever see a post before 10:00am or between 6:00pm and 9:00pm because that's family time.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Any of the MBBRL pages, although I will also read anything on the fantasy football board and post opinions sometimes.

Who is your favorite NFL team (if you have one)?
Unfortunately it's the Miami Dolphins

How long have you been playing fantasy football? 15 years now

Why did you start playing fantasy football? My brother asked me to co-own a team with him. I had actually done a fantasy football league when I was in college in 1997 through a local newspaper but didn't really understand it or know what the hell I was doing so I just owned guys that I liked including Barry Sanders (during his 2000 yard season). I had the high score in the league one week and that entered me in a drawing to win a cruise with some Jacksonville Jaguars players and I won the drawing, so my girlfriend (now wife) and I went on our first cruise and we didn't meet one football player or go to one football event because I don't think there was one starter from the Jaguars on the boat. LOL.

What brought you to the MBBRL? Lefty and I actually started on the website that will not be mentioned because of my writing skills. Then the B league had some openings the next year and Lefty and Wil nominated me. I remember that Wil was worried that I didn't post enough at the time they let me in.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? Let's see the B league, D1, suicide, and now the vampire league so 4, but I also have to keep track of the recaps and the suicide A vs. B challenge, so I kind of feel like that number should be 7.

How many other fantasy football leagues are you typically in? I'm always in my keeper league, my dynasty league, Monkey's dynasty league, Lefty's keeper league, a league with my brother-in-law, a no bench Hardcore league, and then I typically do one or two other public leagues so 7 or 8.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? playoffs in 5 of 8 money leagues last year and won two of them (Lefty's league and the Hardcore league). That's 3 titles in 4 years and a 2nd place finish in the Hardcore League, so apparently I need to just eliminate my bench in all other leagues. And the championship in D1 was the cherry on top.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? If I'm being honest and I'm going to get a little bit sappy. It's this message board. I feel like the camaraderie on this board makes me closer to you guys than most of the people I actually hang out with. My wife is always complaining that I don't want to meet new people and make new friends, which she's right because I don't give a shit about meeting new people, but I also have all of you guys that I consider friends and that's plenty for me. Who the hell needs human contact anyway? If we're going to talk about actual fantasy football, the best part is taking a dynasty team that was complete and total shit and abandoned and turning it into a championship team less than two years later. As far as fantasy football goes, it doesn't get any better than that.

On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your ability to talk smack on the message boards?
6 I'm not a big smack talker but I like to mix it up sometimes.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? Playing the waiver wire.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Since I'm in so many leagues, sometimes I let the fact that I own a guy in another league influence whether I should draft him anywhere else.

What one fantasy player pissed you off the most with their performance last year and it makes you think twice about owning them this year? Well definitely Rob Gronkowski but he retired, so I'm going with Drew Brees. I know that he was awesome for the first 8 or 9 weeks, but he disappeared in the fantasy playoffs and it cost me at least two championships.

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time?
It's still Ladanian Tomlinson, the guy was a monster

Tell us one funny/amazing/horrible story involving your fantasy football career:
I had to look back to see what I put on there before, but I added this question after the original sheet. For me it was two years ago in Lefty's league. In the first round of the playoffs I won a close game by 2.5 points against my opponent. I went in and picked some guys up off of waiver and everything was normal, and then on Thursday I looked in there and I didn't have a matchup listed. After doing some research I learned that my linebacker had been credited with a sack (2 points) and a tackle (1 point) and it was taken away from him when the stat corrections came out so I lost by .5, so I was stat corrected right out of the playoffs. I cussed for 15 minutes straight. I've lost on stat corrections before, but not when I've won by 2.5 points. That one still hurts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Justin Lovins

Fantasy Screen Name: Trudem

Why that name? Honestly it started early in college when someone called me a TRUe DEMocrat so I shortened it to Trudem. I don't even remember the context of the discussion and I'm not even sure if the title fit the discussion but it stuck. I used it for my AIM profile name if you guys remember that.

City and State of Residence: Jacksonville,Florida

Children: Lucas 4 and Landon 1. Both my boys are named after Star Wars characters!

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): I work in higher education at the University of North Florida. I recently accepted a new position in the Controller's Office as a Financial System Analyst.

Work hours: 7:30-4:30 M-F

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Mostly during the week days

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on?
I frequent the fantasy board mostly but I am somewhat active on all the team pages of my favorite teams.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? At least a decade. I remember playing with paper and pencil way back in the day.

Why did you start playing fantasy football?
I am not sure but I've always been a stats guy and the two just go hand in hand.

What brought you to the MBBRL?
I came to The Hoop after ESPN imploded. I don't remember who I followed here but I never regretted it for an instant.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 3. Now A League, Dynasty 1 and Suicide B.

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? Only three others this year because of the lack of available time. I am about to start my final semester of grad school so hopefully things will open up for me for next season.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? I made the playoffs in two of the three and made the finals in one but lost and lost in the semifinals of my other league. Melvin Gordon's injury ruined me in one league. The league I missed the playoffs is a dynasty league that we had to reshuffle rosters to replace three owners due to a disagreement. It crushed my depth and pretty much forced me to the #1 pick. Leonard Fournette come on down...

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? I like that it offers an escape from normal life. While it does tie into real life you can totally immerse yourself

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? I think I do well with creating depth on my roster

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? I find trouble in finding a common ground in trading sometimes. I k is I can be difficult to deal with but it's not on purpose!

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? This is tough but I have always enjoyed the stats from Bandit but there are so many quality posters.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? I try to keep my personal feelings out of fantasy. I don't know that I have a football player that I will avoid but Brandin Cooks is coming close. I will say I loathe Ryan Getzlaf in fantasy hockey and will never own him again!

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time? Tomlinson is up there for sure. Outside of some of his bonehead decisions Bell is becoming the must own RB. I have always been partial to WRs for some reason though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize in advance for the anonymity, but I'd rather keep some things private.

Name:
Steve

Fantasy Screen Name: FaceLeeUs

Why that name? Childhood nickname. Bizarre I know. Started off as an old Halo gamertag but progressed into numerous versions of itself, one of which is FaceLeeUs.

City and State of Residence: Idaho by way of Pennsylvania

Time Zone: MST

Children: 4 ½ month old boy

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Engineering & Project Management.

Work hours: I work from home a lot, but normally it’s 6:00 – 5:00. Used to require a lot of commuting, but ever since moving back out west I haven't had to as much. Love it considering the newborn in the house. Get to spend lots more time with the family.

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Ranges. Sometimes I post in the early mornings or late nights when the baby is awake. My usual times prior to the baby was basically the same, just not the super early or super late hours of the day. But during normal weekdays I'm more likely to be on from Sunday through Wednesday. Thursdays & Fridays are busy days for me.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Mainly the NFL boards. I frequent both the Steelers forum and the NFL general. The FF boards are my guilty pleasure though. Sometimes I'll hang out in the night shift thread on the General Discussion board.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? 8 years I believe.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? Fraternity brothers got me into it. Only took 1 season and I was hooked!

What brought you to the MBBRL? @SteelersPride recommended me to the group. He knew I had a love for the FF game and I was an avid poster. I've always been a little timid with the FF boards because a lot of the MBBRL guys seem to have been around for a long time and it was somewhat intimidating. But after getting to know most of you better I feel right at home.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 3. MBBRL KOTF. B-league Suicide & Coma.

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? 4. 2 Money leagues with friends ($60 & $100 buy-ins). 2 Night Shift thread leagues that I hardly pay attention to. Got roped into it. Definitely going to downsize next season.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? 3. Didn't win any of them. Only made 1 of my money league playoffs.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Mainly the comradery, but also the competition. The more I know about the members of a league, the more fun I have with it.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? Hmmm, maybe smack talking? lol. But on a serious note, I feel like I've always been a good drafter. I pride myself in finding gold in the late rounds.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Trading. Always get gun-shy and can't pull the trigger. Unless its a player I really want, I rarely accept trades of equal value.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? Tough question. Cannot give 1 name because I love what everyone brings to this group. Bandit, Joe, TKO & OBX for their hard work with charts, analysis, recaps, etc. Treff, TLance & multiple others for their insights. Chef, Sam & Barilko for the comedy values.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? Couple names come to mind. Eddie Lacy, Jeremy Hill, and now DeAndre Hopkins. I'll go with Lacy though. That POS has cost me dearly for multiple years now. Never again.

LT is, but I didn't start playing until after his prime. For me, I made a good habit out of drafting Peyton Manning in the first couple rounds in most of my early years. He was usually matchup-proof. You could bank on him for 25-30pts on a weekly basis.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name... Chad
Age... 38

Screen Name... TKOSpikes (TKO for short)
Why?... Takeo Spikes was the only bright spot for the Bills at the time.

Residence... Nova Scotia, Canada
Time Zone... Atlantic

Married
7 year old daughter.

Occupation... Music Shop
Hours... day

SportsHoopla posting... early and often
SportsHoopla boards... FFB, FBB, Buffalo Bills ....and lord help me sometimes I wander to Politics for shits and giggles.

Playing Fantasy Football... since 1998, TD only league back then. Main money league has been running since 2000.
Why did I start?... playoff hockey pools evolved.

What brought to MBBRL... was working for a sports website in '06 - '08, CBS message board found me and I wormed myself in.
How many?... all five (KOTF, Suicide, Coma, D1 and D2)
Other Leagues?... 3 (main money Champ!, little money PPR, Shady's IDP dynasty)
How many playoffs... KOTF, Suicide, Main money, Little money (only one title)

Favorite thing about FFB... all of it. Drafts, trades, lineup decisions, going "out on a limb".
Strongest attribute... willing to make changes via trade, waivers
Weakest attribute... willing to make changes via trades, waivers

Favorite MBBRL poster... gotta be better than average Joe! Love the small fonts at end of paragraph, his color coordination (and I'm color blind), and his in depth stat tracking.

Blacklisted.... nobody really, but there are guys I'll let slide.... honestly can't name them atm, and would probably flip flop on it.

GOAT.... Marshall Faulk might be the reason a lot of people play FFB. LT of course, and Shaun Alexander gave me my first title. RB all the way!

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Ed Pleszewicz

Fantasy Screen Name: Ram Tough

Why that name? Rams Fan, made it back on CBS Message board when I was still in high school. Stuck with it on SportsHoopla so everyone knew who I was

City and State of Residence: Rochester, New York

Married or Single: Engaged

Children: Two Boys: 6 Years, 10 months

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Verizon Wireless Sales Rep

Work hours: 4-6 Days a week, hours ranging from 8:30a.m till 9 P.m. got to Love retail!

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Whenever I have time! I am making a conscious effort to be on the board more!! Super Busy past year with the new child but things are starting to get back to normal. Usually early Morning or Late Night though

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Bread and Butter Fantasy Football!!! Will go on other Fantasy boards time to time. Also my favorite teams boards ex. Rams, Cavs, Mets

How long have you been playing fantasy football? 17 years, Yes I am only 26 but have playing fantasy since I was 9!!!!! A true passion and hobby of mine.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? Have loved and been obsessed with everything sports since I was a tike. My neighbor got me into my first "free" fantasy league ever when I was just 9 years old and took off ever since.

What brought you to the MBBRL? CBS Message board!! I thought I was the best Fantasy player around lol, Then I ran into this group of guys that also had the same opinion of themselves!! My first year playing I started in the Barbarian league and that year I lost to Tlance in the championship. Have been an A leaguer ever since

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 3 , A league, Suicide league, Dynasty 1 League

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? I use to join 12+ leagues a year.. This year with my job, and hectic life I only got to join 5 paid leagues and 2 MBBRL's.. Next year I will get back on track.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? I made the playoffs in all 5 of my paid leagues. 2 1st place 1 2nd 2 3rd.. unfortunately did not make the playoffs in either MBBRL

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? I love love love!!! researching and making my own projections and rankings. Also the draft has got to be one of the most exciting things about Fantasy. You may not win the league due to your drafting skills but you sure can lose it.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? Drafting.. I never come into a draft unprepared. I know all values and study ADP's. I know when A guy has slipped in the draft and when someone is considered a "reach". Also I am very good at knowing who to start and who to sit (the Boom in daily fantasy has really improved this aspect of my fantasy game)

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Weakness!?!? hmmm... I would have to say my weakness is getting to the waiver wire on time! Sometimes I just forget to put my roster request in on time.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? @Chef99!!!!! Guys is everywhere!! He has some of the funniest posts as well

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? Gronk!!!! Guy is made of glass. I am not spending an early pick on a TE who you may have for 10 games

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time? Tough Question!!! When I first started playing FF the RBs were dominate!!! L.T was unreal, Priest Holmes had a few amazing seasons and my man Marshall Faulk was a PPR stud!!

Last edited:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: David LeVasseur

Fantasy Screen Name: Barilko

Why that name? Well it matches the pool name I usually use. I also use Crimsoniter and in the playoffs I usually use An Cat Dubh. All of those names are music related. Crimsoniter is derived from King Crimson , An Cat Dubh translates to The Black Cat and is an U2 reference. Now Barilko that one is ironic as Barilko was Bill Barilko a NHL player who played his whole career as a Toronto Maple Leaf . The last goal he ever scored came in overtime in 1951 and won the cup. As a matter of fact all 5 games in that 1951 final went to overtime. Of course they beat my beloved Habs(Montreal Canadians for you Treff) thus the irony.The great Canadian band and icons The Tragically Hip tell the Barilko story in their song "My Fifty Mission Cap" Anyhow in the early nineties I needed a new pool name and as usual a musical influence provided it and Barilko was born

City and State of Residence: Dorval (a Montreal suberb) Quebec that's in Canada eh!

Children: Yes a 16 year old Angel and an 11 year old Hockey crazed son

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): I work for a fine American institution FedEx. 30 years (ouch) already- driver planner scheduler and all round trouble shooter

Work hours: 8:30 till 6 ish sometimes later on Wednesday night

When do you post to SportsHoopla: I usually check SportsHoopla mid afternoon on Weekdays on my lunch break. I will read the bolder links and chime in if I feel I can add anything new or maybe double down on what has already been said. I find most times I'm usually doubling down as you guys are quick on the draw and oh so knowledgable I do lurk learn and steal but don't tell anyone

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Well certainly on the various MBBRL boards and I do try to add on any other FF link that catches my eye especially ones that ask about subjects that really may impact my various teams

How long have you been playing fantasy football? 9 years now if I'm remembering correctly

Why did you start playing fantasy football? I have been running various Hockey and Football pools for years and then one of my work mates brought FF idea to work and from there it didn't take long. One year later I started running my Keeper PPR league and of course still do

What brought you to the MBBRL? Well best way to put it is I was attracted to the extreme writings of good ol Foot and all the very earned rebuttals the boys posted and thusly I like to think I might have been an original had I been on the same boards at the same time. I read The Golden Mountain Saga and I knew I wanted in. So way back when I asked begged pleaded posted et etc and Wil Of White went out of his way and emailed ESPN and figured a way for me to take over one of the infamous Drones. If I remember well I put on a good show with the drone and in year 2 I advanced to the A with the Bandit just as he described above. Well that lasted a year and I'm still a Barbarian today

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 4 The B. The A suicide and attached Coma and Dynasty

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? I was in 2 other money leagues both mine and at work as well as Dynasty 2

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? MBBRL Dynasty and both my money leagues. I didn't win any this year. For what it's worth I lit up the B. Ya who cares I was on fire in Coma for the last 1/2 but too late. Suicide I just missed out one gimme touchdown knocked me out of playoff qualification Lost a semi in work and Dynasty 1. Blah blah blah

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Draft night is fun for sure but really all of it and those numbers well...

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? The desire to do better the honest input fair play

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Thinking I'm the only unlucky one it's me right?

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? Wow let's see all of you. In Bandit's honour I'll say Bandit for breakdown and league stat info and tremendous insight when he has the time and mostly for his complete respect and gentlemanly way of posting which gives me some hope in today's youth
Treff for telling it like it is and amazing football insight and the worlds scariest avatar
Monkey for having my kids fave avatar and I know I'm using insight all too often but seriously when Monkey chimes in he sure has it
Chef and Sam who crack me up and believe me they do but let it be known there knowledge is brilliant when they feel the mood to spit it out
Milk for bringing the other side we sometimes miss and also love his detailed reasoning when it comes to playing who and why
Lefty for plain ol level headed detailed knowledge and skill
Tlance because if you don't hear him then you do not want to learn
Harold for the same above mentioned insight and info
Way better than average Joe for all things Chicago and for dreaming up ways to display numbers charts etc and so much knowledge what might he do when he hangs up his posty shoes. and for sneaking Joes into his avatar anyone who can acknowledge Joe Walsh Joe Sakic Joe Cool is way better than average
and seriously so many of you but the reasoning gets repetitive
WilWhite for any and all of the above The Master enough said

and finally The Foot there is no one like him and find the time to stay with us. Outlandos d'Amour

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? Geessh if everyone keeps posting Lacy it may force me to take him

Tomlinson but if I played back then I would have always taken Earl The Tyler Cannonball first in my draft. Today it's Bell for me but AJ is pushing to take over

Last edited:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course my last comment is DJ is pushing to take over

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Shane Robinson

Fantasy Screen Name: Obxyankeefan

Why that name? At the time I made it, I lived in the Outer Banks of NC. I am a huge Yankees fan.

City and State of Residence: Belleville, Michigan

Children: 3 stepsons, I raised two of them and consider them my own. Aged 36, 33, & 30. 6 grandchildren aged 15, 12, 11, 1, 1, & 1 with two more on the way. 5 dogs who are my kids.

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Joining Inspector Team Leader for the F150

Work hours: Tuesday through Friday 5PM to 4:12AM

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Normally early afternoon until late at night

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? FF, FB, and MLB. I also like to read the Political Board, but do not post there.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? Whatever year Ginny Testevrde was a rookie. He was my first ever draft pick.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? I got a FB board game for Xmas one year in the early 80s and played APBA games growing up. FF was just the next step when asked.

What brought you to the MBBRL? I started out in the MBBRL Baseball league and just moved over here

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? B league, but moving up to A next year, Suicide B, both dynasties, and Bust league.

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? 3 my old Cbs Yahoo league, a Lions board dynasty, and I join one a year to mess with

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win?
5 I lost two in the championship game and two in the semi-finals. The fifth one is a two week final I am still alive in.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Anything dealing with numbers.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? Drafting

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Trading. Before MBBRL, I was never in a league that traded much. Because of that I've been known to make some lopsided trades.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? each have their own strengths.
Chef is everywhere and funny
Harold is one of the most knowledgeable players and gives good advice
Treff for knowing how this league runs
Bandit for the background numbers

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? Gronk, I am not taking a TE in the first round

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time? Jeff George. Because I picked him up in (my memory is bad, I thought it was 1995 but) 1999 off WW. That team was 0-5 in a 23 team league. Because of that one move my team went 8-1 the rest of the way. Snuck into the playoffs and beat the top 3 seeds to win it all. That was the last time I won a FF league, but i have had a high number of championship game losses since then. Other then that I would say Marshall Faulk

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Tommy L. - you guys know my last name, but I also don't want to post publically because I have seen people misuse personal info on this site

Screen Name: tlance

Why Screen Name: my grandfather was a military man and his nickname was Lance, short for our last name. Lance sort of became a family name after that. My first initial is T, and Lance is short for my last name. Tlance.

City of Residence: Charlottesville, VA

Marital Status: Married for 10 years

Kids: I have a 7 YO daughter and a 5 YO son

Occupation: I teach elementary Physical Education (best job in the world!)

Work Hours: I work from 7-4 most days, but I also coach basketball in the winter months which makes my day considerably longer. Summers off are nice though!

When I Post: I usually post nights, weekends and summer. I do not ever log onto the Hoop from school.

What other SportsHoopla Boards am I active on: I also post regularly on the NBA message board, semi-regularly on the fantasy baseball message board and occasionally on the mock draft threads.

How long have I been playing Fantasy Football? I played a season or two of fantasy football while in college, but did not really get serious about it until about 10 years ago.

Why did I start playing Fantasy Football: My reason for starting is really a reason for not starting. I became hooked on fantasy baseball and basketball in the late 90s while in college. I was reluctant to play FF, however, because as I die hard Redskins fan I did not want to be in the situation where I had to root for an opposing player, or root against a Redskin. It took some time, but I got over that.

What brought me to MBBRL: Wil White brought me into MBBRL. He sent me a private message after I made a counter point to one of foot's more outlandish predictions on the old CBS boards. As I learned about the league, it was an opportunity I could not pass on!

How many MBBRL leagues are you in: I am in 4- A league, suicide, D2, bust league. I also founded the baseball league.

How many other leagues am I in: I am in 3 other leagues, all are money leagues with acquaintances.

How did I do in the playoffs: I made the playoffs in 5 of 7. My suicide team was mediocre and my A league team performed well, but not when it counted most. I narrowly missed the playoffs there. I lost in the first round of the playoffs in 1 $league, lost in the semifinals of D2 by .4 points (thanks Jordan Reed!) and I finished 2nd in both my other money leagues after my opponents posted truly epic scores in both. I am currently leading the championship game in the Bust league and am favored to win there. If OBX comes back, it will be my first year without at least 1 championship since I began playing seriously in '07.

My favorite thing about Fantasy Football: My favorite thing about fantasy football is the head to head competition. Matchups can turn in a matter of seconds. Tracking scores on game day is oh exhilarating and horribly painful. I love it though!

What is my strongest fantasy football attribute: My strongest attribute is probably player valuation. I am good at finding bargains in trades and at determining market value for what players are worth.

What is my greatest fantasy football weakness: My greatest weakness is that I refuse to sell low on a player. When someone starts poorly, I prefer to go down with the shop rather than trade for 60 cents on my original dollar.

Best Poster: Impossible question. There are too many good ones, but I have to give a shoot to Wil white here. He brought me in, and none of us would be here without him and his efforts.

Who is one player I will not own next year: I never say never, because it all depends on price, but I tend not to own RBs with lots of mileage on them. I probably will not own AP, Gore, or MCCoy in any leagues next year.

All time greatest Fantasy football player: Can I say Ezekiel Elliot? How about Alfred Morris? No seriously though, it has to be AP for me. There have been players with more impressive individual seasons and older players who posted AP like numbers every year, but in the modern era, his production and longevity are unmatched.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Jelani E (Just as T-Lance said, won't use my last name for people misusing info here).

Screen Name: bksballer89

Why Screen Name: It's just always been my name on message boards forever. The reason behind it is I'm from Brooklyn and I used to consider myself a basketballer and the 89 is the year I was born. Yes pretty lame I know

City of Residence: Brooklyn, NY

Marital Status: In a relationship

Kids: No kids yet

Occupation: Medical Secretary at one of the top Hospitals in NYC

Work Hours: 8:15-4:30 PM M-F

When I Post: I post all the time lol. Sometimes at work. A lot when I'm at home just watching sports

What other SportsHoopla Boards am I active on: I post all year long on the NBA board and usually I post on the MLB, NFL, Tennis, and Soccer board when those sports are active

How long have I been playing Fantasy Football? I'll say roughly about 10 years or little less. Don't recall.

Why did I start playing Fantasy Football: Everyone was into it and it seemed pretty cool so I decided to give it a try. One of the best decisions of my life.

What brought me to MBBRL:
I always wanted to get involved and I remember seeing these guys back on the CBS board so once I saw they had quite a few available spots then I decided to join in on the fun

How many MBBRL leagues are you in: Just two at the moment. B league and Suicide B. Hoping to try out my first dynasty year next season

How many other leagues am I in: I'm in about 4 other leagues

How did I do in the playoffs: I had a rough season so only made the playoffs in 2 leagues. Made the semis in one and currently in the 2nd week of my 2 week finals in the other.

My favorite thing about Fantasy Football: Having my opponent break my heart frequently with a last second win on either SNF or MNF. There is not a better feeling in the world.

What is my strongest fantasy football attribute: I'm not sure if I have any to be honest with you

What is my greatest fantasy football weakness: Being a little bitch and not being more active on the trade block

Best Poster: They're all great.

Who is one player I will not own next year: Coby Fleener. If you can't be successful in the Saints offense with Drew Brees as the QB then you're just useless

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Jeff W - damn, y'all got me scared now too!

Fantasy Screen Name: Smoking Monkey

Why that name? Was setting up my CBS message board name at a previous job, where I told everyone fairly regularly that if I ever became the CEO, I'd buy a pet monkey and teach it to ride a bike and smoke a cigarette at the same time. This was a small company that was trying to run itself like a mega-corporation, and I probably got asked 'Where do you see yourself in 5yrs?' about once a month for 2 years.
That's right, CEO with a pet monkey that smokes. That's where I see myself in 5yrs.

City and State of Residence: St Louis MO area

Time Zone: Central

Children: 1st one that claims me as the dad is on its way

Occupation: Jack of all trades, master of a few. Currently in a customer service/sales/supply chain/Accts Rcvable hybrid role for an international behemoth of a company - good spot to hide in a cubicle and work on fantasy football year round, LOL

Work hours: vary by the time of year and time of month, typically rock the Dolly Parton hours, 9 to 5

When do you post to SportsHoopla: during the day - from my cube at work(now), at night - mostly from phone sometimes I get the laptop out for football purposes.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Fantasy football ones 98%. I'll pop in on some Big 12 basketball boards now that my cousin plays for Texas Tech (#11 small forward)

How long have you been playing fantasy football? 14 years total - started out with free leagues on yahoo in 2002, played my first money league the yr after.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? A family friend needed another owner in his work league. Was a cool work league that featured top level brass down to the every-day worker at a chemical plant here in STL. Don't see many that co-mingle with upper mgmt like that these days. Held the draft at an upscale italian restaurant with the best toasted raviolis in the city.

What brought you to the MBBRL? CBS message boards. My first league was on yahoo, 2nd was with my brother-in-law's work friends on CBS. Just started reading the posts, and eventually started posting myself. We did a 'Top 5' game where you posted your top 5 position players for each week, and had a crazy scoring system to see who was the best prognosticator.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 3, Barbarians, Suicide, D2

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? 6 money leagues - 1 suicide format, 12 team .25 PPR/.5 rush rec 1st downs, 10 team 4 player keeper league, work league, random 12 team Fantrax league, 12 team half ppr run by my friend with his college buddies

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? None in the MBBRL, but I made the playoffs in 5 of the other ones, advanced to the finals in 4 of them, and won 1 of them. barely had to change Bandit's response to fit mine here.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Other than the draft, I'd have to say when owners laugh about a pick I made, only to see that player bust out or have a good stretch at a key moment in the season. As silly as it seems, I love draft prep time as well. Lots of news to take in and disseminate and decisions to make.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? Typically was my RB drafting capabilities, but these last 2 seasons have been filled with more whiffs than HRs. I'll go with the draft results. I feel like I do a good job of building a strong overall team with most of my drafts, if not all.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? When to wait and when to pull the trigger on the waiver claims. I always seem to use my top spot 1 wk too soon, 1 wk before a guy gets injured or loses his job permanently. Just never seem to land good waiver guys like I can in the draft or even in FA after waivers process.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? I love most of AverageJoe's statistical analysis. Always been a stat junkie going back to my days collecting baseball cards and reading Beckett magazines and newspaper box scores religiously.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? I'm done with Sammy Watkins. Just don't have the patience anymore to wait for a healthy season from that guy. I say that now, but we'll see when it comes to draft day. I don't typically view any player as a 'never own' guy, but Watkins is probably the highest profile guy that I'll avoid unless he falls far.

The KC Chiefs RB1 - From Preist Holmes to Larry Johnson to Thomas Jones/Jamaal Charles and now Spence Ware. Not sure what it is, but for a team that never sees any playoff success, they sure do have a badass fantasy RB on their team every season it seems.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll fill one of these out when I get done with work. (Nice idea Bandit. We haven't all been in the same leagues necissarilly.)

But I'll stick with Smitty. You guys all know my real name and have my cell number. There are weirdos who lurk though. Not withholding anything from MBBRLers, just lurkers.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy Screen Name: ehb5

City and State of Residence: State College, PA

Married or Single: Single

Children: Nope

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Student at the Pennsylvania State University

Work hours: Between class and work outside of that any time of day really

When do you post to SportsHoopla: All the time.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? This one, Redskins board, and mock drafts board.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? 10 years. Will always remember my first year because I won the championship with AP in his rookie season.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? Don't really remember. Guess I just heard about it and it sounded fun.

What brought you to the MBBRL? Just being on the site and posting occasionally and got invited to join D2 which I accepted and have loved.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? Just D2 for now. But fingers crossed on the vote for MBBRL B :hope:.

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? Including D2 I'm in 7 leagues right now. 3 dynasty (2 of which are ppr) and 4 redraft (all of which are ppr).

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win?
Made the playoffs in 4, made the title game in 3, and won the championship in 2. Missed in two redraft leagues and in one dynasty but the dynasty league was a takeover of by far the worst team in the league AND I traded away the few win now pieces I had for picks to rebuild so really Id say I was 4 for 6 on making the playoffs (including making it in D2).

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Probably trading if its a dynasty league. I send out a ton of offers and basically am constantly trying to think of new trade ideas. In redraft leagues I probably prefer the draft.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? Trading. As I said I trade a lot and I think its the best way to improve your team. If you trade 40 times and only win 30 of the trades your better off than the guy who traded 5 times and won all 5 trades so I try to be reasonable and active on the trade market.

Oh and properly valuing each position in fantasy :thumb: (Just kidding!)

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Maybe being to open with my strategies. I have very strong opinions on certain players and strategies and Ill willingly argue about them rather than keeping my mouth shut so some of you could probably use that to your advantage.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? Lots of great posters on here but if I have to pick one I would say TLance rarely makes a post I dont like.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? Hmmm. I firmly believe every player has a price but Im more likely to take a player I dont believe in talent wise in redraft so Ill list some players Im extra low on in dynasty because I think their overrated players. Jarvis Landry, Kelvin Benjamin, Carson Wentz, Jordan Mathews, Blake Bortles, and Devontae Booker. Also to brag a little bit - I thought pretty lowly of all those guys going into this year and was pretty much right on them all (although Wentz value has probably gone up but Im not a believer).

Not sure. Probably Jerry Rice if I had to guess. My favorite would have to be Antonio Brown though.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Dave

Fantasy Screen Name: SoShady

Why that name? LeSean McCoy was my favorite Eagles player before Chip ran him out of town.

City and State of Residence: Eastern Pennsylvania

Married or Single: Single

Children: none

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Anytime from about 11 AM until 1 or 2 in the morning.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? I'm active on the Fantasy football and Eagles boards. I will lurk on the political board but that place is crazy.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? Since middle school. I would sit in 1st period computer class and setup my teams.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? No idea. But i'm a huge sports fan. I follow just about anything and everything. The running joke has always been that they blame my grandpa. Who would sit me on his lap as a baby and watch sports with me.

What brought you to the MBBRL? The closing of kffl. Everyone decided this would be a good new home. So most of the Eagles board jumped onto the hoop.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? I participated in Barbarians and Suicide B this year. Won my first MBBRL title in suicide but came up short in my efforts to make A league. Losing to Trudem in the championship game.

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? I was in 20 football leagues this year. On yahoo, espn and fleaflicker. All of them keeper leagues and most of them dynasty leagues.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? I made the playoffs in 14 of my 20 leagues. I won 7 of my 9 championship games. Lost against Trudem in Barbarians and one of my first year dynasty leagues. I thought I had won my dynasty league but Dez scoring 3 TD's did me in by less than 5 points.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Probably sticking with a player longer than I should. I have a hard time giving up on a guy I feel can breakout.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? I would go with tlance. I feel like he's level headed and I respect his fantasy football knowledge.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? This is a hard question. With so many leagues I own just about everyone. Hopkins has been a real tough own this year. But I will still own him next year. I would probably go with Steve Smith. If he doesn't retire I think i'm done with him. As Flacco is just not a good QB.

Randy Moss

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Alex- but I answer to anything even what Treff calls me "that asshole that's in my league and drives me crazy"

Fantasy Screen Name: Milkspiller 22

Why that name? milkspiller 21 was taken... seriously, I wasn't happy with My CBS names(Yanksfan92 nor Miamivice21(this was an alt, although most knew it was me I wanted to have a total opposite name)) and when I came to the hoop I made a comment to myself about crying over spilt milk... Not sure what I meant by it... Really just a Random name... the 22 is even more random...

City and State of Residence: Queens, NY

Married or Single: single

Children: 2 nephews and 2 nieces from the ages of 2-5 if that counts

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Statistical analyst for the state... I try not to tell people what department since I get annoying responses...

Work hours:Weekdays 8:30 – 4:30,

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Desk job, so I can post at work, and that's where I do most of my posting... I will also post when I am home, but I am much more active during work hours...

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? active on both fantasy boards and the mock draft board... I will branch out when there are conversations I am interested in..

How long have you been playing fantasy football? 13 or so years. The first year I was a co-owner with my friend

Why did you start playing fantasy football? never wanted to do fantasy football, but my friend needed a co-owner and I don't say no to things like this... that league was ok, but the next year I did a semester abroad in wales and lost my spot co-owning with my friend, was upset I was no longer doing a league so the next year I got into 2 money leagues that I am still in now...

What brought you to the MBBRL? When CBS went down, I needed a place to write down my ideas(whether people listened or not) I guess someone liked what I was writing because I was asked to join MBBRL... almost didn't join because I was in western Canada during the draft, but I was told that auto-drafting was fine, they just needed members... Luckily I didn't really use autodraft that much that year...

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? I am in all, the 2 dynasties, coma, Suicide A'league, Bust league...

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? Besides for the MBBRL leagues I am in 2 money leagues...

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? I won in dynasty A this year... and I had the best team in one of my money leagues(won money for most points and best record) but got beat in the semi finals of the playoffs...

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Draft day and draft prep is my favorite thing in all fantasy... I am also a HUGE fan of theoretical fantasy(unfortunately nobody else is)
What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? Still learning, but I think I am a pretty good drafter with a pretty good draft strategy...

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? I hold onto players for too long... I get very stubborn with who to keep... I also find myself playing differently depending on where I am in the standings... If I am doing well, I will often not be aggressive on the waiver wire, and will care WAY too much about the playoff weeks... Also always looking to change rules.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? I would say my favorites are Bandit with his MBBRL recaps, Joe/obxyankee with his crazy numbers, and Chef when he gives me cake and tries to sell me on a trade(I miss those, please do them again)
What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? None, I have learned that fantasy football is as much to do with opportunity and surrounding talent than it does the actual players talent... so there is no player I am afraid of as long as they are in the right situation...
Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time? I am always partial to receiving backs, so LT is the greatest... But for most of my fantasy days it was Arian Foster...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really enjoying reading these. I am learning some things about you guys that there is no way I would have known. Speaking of which, 20 leagues @SoShady and I thought I was bad. Playoffs in 14 of them and winning 7 championships. You are a fantasy football badass my friend.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really enjoying reading these. I am learning some things about you guys that there is no way I would have known. Speaking of which, 20 leagues @SoShady and I thought I was bad. Playoffs in 14 of them and winning 7 championships. You are a fantasy football badass my friend.

Yeah it was pretty crazy running that many leagues this year. I don't see all the dynasty leagues making it past the 1st year due to poor commissioners. But this was easily one of my best seasons as far as championships go. Normally I get a few or 1 per sport. Depends on the sport. I go extra heavy on football compared to hockey, baseball and basketball leagues.

As for our player profiles. Over on kffl we had a section with member pics. I know I have seen OBX post a pic before. Do we want to post a picture of ourselves with our member profiles?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for our player profiles. Over on kffl we had a section with member pics. I know I have seen OBX post a pic before. Do we want to post a picture of ourselves with our member profiles?

Completely up to you my friend. I'm game if you are.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Doug C.

Fantasy Screen Name: Leftypower

Why that name? Well, I know it wasn't me that came up with it. I think it was Bandit and his brother, although I'm thinking it had a bit more Bandit in it. As I remember, it really had nothing to do with fantasy football at all - believe it came about from little league and the bazillion pitches I threw him and his team-mates.

City and State of Residence: Titusville, Florida

Married or Single: Married to the same dear woman for 43yrs (yes, she has a lot of patience and may read this)

Children: Yes, two damn fine boys if I say so myself. Also have two wonderful grandkids courtesy of Bandit.

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Retired at age 62+1 month. Worked at Kennedy Space Center as a Fire Protection Engineer for 33+ years prior. Before that, City of Titusville, Firefighter for 7-1/2 yrs.

Work hours: none - Bahaaaaaa !!!!

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Generally first thing in the morning but can be seen most anytime of the day.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Mostly only the MBBRL main thread, dynasty 1, suicide/coma.
But do read and comment on other FF related topics that grab my interest.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? 8 years. The first year was in Bandit's pay league after he and his brother convinced me that I did not have to pull again the Ravens or Colts if I didn't own any.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? From Bandit "..... Most of you would be shocked to know that he was actually very reluctant to play and it took some convincing by me and my brother."

What brought you to the MBBRL? Well, it wasn't the MBBRL when I first got involved and it was mostly by coincidence that I stumbled across the original 12 from posts on CBS. Being new to fantasy, I had posed questions on the forum, and they were kind enough to answer. We got to 'know' one another and seemed to see eye to eye on most things (except maybe Foot), next thing I know Wil came up with the league concept, we discussed ideas on what to call it, and the rest is history.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 4. The A league (uh, was), the A Suicide, the A Coma, and Dynasty 1 (with Fuzzy).

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? 4. Two annual pay leagues and this yr 2 on Realtime.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? a grand total of 2 playoffs - what a crappy year. The only league won was Suicide - the only one I couldn't screw around with, hummm.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? I would say the draft, like some of you have stated. The research, the guesses, the what the heck is he thinking?, and of course, the what the heck was I thinking?

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? I'm going to say the off-season preparation. Basically, I don't ever take much of a break. It used to be waivers since I play that a lot, but the majority of guys I play with now are just as good or maybe even better. Gotta get better at holding on to that #1 spot next yr.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Setting my friggin lineup. I waffle back and forth so much it's border-line insane. Most times it really doesn't amount to a hill of beans since the 'wrong' choice is within a couple of points of the right one - but sometimes it's the difference between winning and losing. Have told myself many a time that I'm just going to concentrate on a starting lineup and scrubs for bye-week fillers - but when a guy I have ranked higher is there - even if he my 5th WR I just can't seem to help myself. I think I need counseling.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? Well, in years past I would say without a doubt WilWhite. Guy was so witty and at the same time level headed - so I'm gonna stick with him. However, now there are a number of very fine ones - but I won't point them out since I'll probably forget someone.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? A few come to mind; Eli Manning (guy is soooo unpredictable), Thomas friggin Rawls, Kaep (he's just a douche), and if he remains a Jet - Brandon Marshall.

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time? LaDanian Tomlinson. Was never in position to draft him the first 4 yrs I played and every one of those years, whoever had him kicked my ass.