• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Player Profiles

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0ddc2a5e83d378bbb6fa001fb03d6d8fcbd1749bc374090804421b536be86ebb.jpg

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Sam AKA Ana

Fantasy Screen Name: Sam Sportboy

Why that name? I was at work and had my wife set up my CBS account. Boy, that was stupid.

City and State of Residence: Pocatello Idaho

Time Zone: MTN

Married or Single: Married

Children: 3.....27,10 and 9

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Retail Management. So now you know why I'm such a dick.

Work hours: Varies, but I'm usually off Wed. and Sun. You can tell when I'm off by the amount of posts I make in a day...............kinda.

When do you post to SportsHoopla: See above.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Pretty much just here. Will make the occasional post on the PF when I feel like I haven't had enough bullshit or rainbow ratings that week. Do lurk there quite a bit though.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? 20 years

Why did you start playing fantasy football? Was trying to get down this chicks pants at work so I went to the draft with her (was actually a work league). I knew we were sctewed when she drafted Mike Hollis in the first round and everybody started laughing their asses off. BTW, true story.

What brought you to the MBBRL
? Foot and his shit talking..........then it just took off from there.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? B League for one more year and tSuicide League.

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year?
5. Made the playoffs in 3. Championship in one and TBD in the League of Stupid and Unneeded Rules

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win?
See above.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Used to be helping the newbies out on the boards, but now with everybody and their gramma checking Rotoworld and the likes it seems like there is not as much of that kind of help to be given.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? I feel like I do a pretty good job of drafting deep teams.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Making trades that consolidate previously mentioned deep teams towards the end of the year and playoff time.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? I actually think we all bring something a little different to the table..........so kinda like Lays Potato Chips..........can't pick just one.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? Not a one that I won't own for the right price.

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time? I've won 5 out of 20 SB's in my money league, and the 2 constants were Randy Moss and Arian Foster................I'll go with them.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really enjoying reading these. I am learning some things about you guys that there is no way I would have known. Speaking of which, 20 leagues @SoShady and I thought I was bad. Playoffs in 14 of them and winning 7 championships. You are a fantasy football badass my friend.
I am enjoying it too. Just lurking.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Smitty

Fantasy Screen Name: broncosmitty

Why that name? It's better than Littlesmitty. My Dad, also Smitty. And I'm a WMU Bronco, for life.

City and State of Residence: various cheap hotels throughout SWMichigan and Northern Indiana. I'm getting a Damned apartment before I take on THREE of these projects next spring. Prolly in Ft. Wayne, it's sort of centrally located.

I "live" in Nowhereville Mid Michigan. But I'm never there.

Time Zone: EST

Married or Single: CommonLawMarried. This was our 12th Christmas.

Children: Nah, but I spoil my niece Abby as much as possible. She's 9. Her little brother Jack turned two weeks old today. Looking forward to that kid growing up.

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Contractor. (Mostly Landscape Construction and Commercial painting. But I dabble a little here a little there.) High School Baseball Coach. Interviewed for a promotion to Varsity Head Coach a couple weeks ago. Didn't get it. But BigSmitty did, which is even better. He deserves it. And I'm excited to be his pitching coach.

Work hours: Ugh, whenever. Today it was 7am-8.pm. Which is unfortunately not weird.

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Whenever I can. Wherever I am.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? TigersBoard, LionsBoard, AL CentralSmack, here, MockDrafts, WaterCooler, CFB and a little dabbling in the PF. (WillWhite is more known to me there than here, which is weird.)

How long have you been playing fantasy football?

Since '99. "Helped" previously. Commish wouldn't let me have my own team till I was legal. Also my football coach. Also my uncle. Also a math professor who comes up with crazier things than milk. Lol

Why did you start playing fantasy football?

They finally let me! My money league started as a USFL league. I don't really remember not being involved with fantasy football. (The PFL, Paper Football League. As in, it's done on paper, from the paper. It's that old. It's is the reason I was on Sportsline, errrr CBS.)

What brought you to the MBBRL
? Chef sent me a PM while I was in the middle of trying to get Hambombs to admit he's a Yu Darvish honk. Lol. I remember it vividly. I used to read threads on CBS also. But only lurked.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? B League, (like BK, 2017 will be my last lol) D1, Suicide B, ComaB, future D2 member when you guys decide to allow an expansion franchise.

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? 6 LionsBoard Dynasty, Shadys Dynasty, Placenta League, PaperFootball League, Milks League of death(bizarro?) and some yahoo league. I'm Seriosuly retired from yahoo now though. For real, never again.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? 4. Lost in the finals Monday Night in LionsBoardDynasty. Stupid Rawls... I hate you.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Keeping Tabs around the league. Having interest in football Id otherwise have no interest in. Reading local papers(now online) to try and catch little tidbits. Having a reason to talk to old friends. Finding little trends and exploiting them. Digging for gold...

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? used to think it was identifying late round value(letting the draft come to me). But I'm not sure of that. Also used to think it was waiver wire work. But that went out the window last year. And I tried to intentionally be patient this year. Which also
Didn't work. It's time to hit the reset button and readdress.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? offering trades. I'm paranoid about not offering crumby deals. And never want anyone thinking I tried to makeover on them. It's a stumbling block tbh. I waste more time with trades I never offer than you'd ever imagine.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? there are so many, couldn't pick one. Everyone brings something different and collectively it's ridiculous how much information is shared. And how much I laugh. Informative and humorous is a great combo.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? Jay Cutler, if I can help it. I love watching him fail too much to want him to succeed. And Zeke, because I won't be taking him top2, and he most likely won't make it to three. And prolly Kirk Cousins, cuz there is something I just don't like about him. I'm a Kirk Cousins hater. On a football Level, mostly.

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time? Barry Sanders, Randy Moss, Drew Brees. Keep in mind the PFL is a yardage league. Jerome Bettis was mostly worthless at the end of his career in the only league I knew at the time.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna do one bandit but don't have time right now but love where your head is at. Was thinking the other day how cool it would be if we all lived on the same street.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Harold K

Fantasy Screen Name: Harold Seattle

Why that name? Guess I just wanted something simple

City and State of Residence: Auburn, Wa.

Time Zone: Pacific

Married or Single: Single technically but me and the ex are together. Been a 33 years of on again, off again relationship.

Children: Yes. 5 kids including 4 step kids that I raised and consider my kids. Funny thing about kids, they can't wait to move out on their own, but then end up moving back in. Right now my youngest daughter and her daughter live with us. Been pretty great being a grandparent, much more fun then being a parent is.

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Wholesale sales rep. Something been doing for a long time now, even started my own business for a while, but that's a whole other story.

Work hours: I work from 2:00 am tell noon, except if it's busy then I work late.

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Pretty much whenever I can squeeze it in.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? FF, NFL general and Seahawk board mostly. Also post on the tech board, the watercooler and entertainment forums occasionally.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? 7 years I guess, gets kind of foggy trying to remember.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? Just sounded interesting back at ESPN so I started trying it out. Didn't really get into until I came to SportsHoopla though.

What brought you to the MBBRL? WilWhite did. Wasn't really aware of this league until he contacted me. Stroke of luck for me.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 6. Barbarians, suicide, coma, both dynasty league and the bust league

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? I was in 6 non MBBRL leagues.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? 5 won none.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? IDK, the draft is cool, but love tinkering with my roster also with trades and WW pickups.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? I never quit trying to make my roster better.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? I had the worse luck with my top picks in drafts, so need to work on that.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? Don't believe there is a "best" poster, got some dang good ones here though.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? Never say never with players because you might end up eating crow. I tend to stay away from players that are on teams I root against hard.

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time?
No opinion on this subject.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys thank you so much for doing this. I think with all that has gone on the last couple of weeks this is good way to try and be more of a community going forward (even though nothing has calmed down on the main board). Already we've had 17 current MBBRL members do this and 1 potential B league candidate. Not bad for the first day after I posted it. There are still 6 people that haven't participated: @TREFF @Yellow Fuzzies @SteelersPride @The Foot @averagejoe and @Chef99

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit Bandit, I saw this last night and couldn't respond at the time, then all hell breaks loose with that other deal...lol

Gimme a minute

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Scott Treffer

Fantasy Screen Name: Treff

Why that name? Its just a shortening of my last name, most male members of my family go by it, so long as we're not all in same room together.

City and State of Residence: Wellington, CO

Time Zone: Mountain

Married or Single: Married

Children: 1 of my own, daughter, 14. 3 step sons, 22, 20, and 13. The 22 year old just had a baby. Yep, pop-pop Treff

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Foreman electrician, mostly commercial new construction/remodels
Work hours: generally 7-330.

When do you post to SportsHoopla: at all times, doesn't take much to take a break to "check the blue prints", or when my apprentices are on their smoke breaks. Only times I can't, are when Momma is around...she can get cranky if my nose is in my phone too long
What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? I stick entirely in here, with mostly normal folks. The various football boards are chock full of far too many "fanatics", us fantasy football geeks are often driven by cold hard statistics and facts...much less to argue about. Ánd, you know me, can't pass up a good argument if you paid me. So I stick here
How long have you been playing fantasy football? Since I was about 17, so, 24 years? Give or take one. Hooked the minute I took Emmit#2 overall and watched some Packer QB whose name I couldn't pronounce properly win the MVP, and he won me my first title in my rookie year.
Why did you start playing fantasy football? Simple answer, was drug into it kicking and screaming by a friend who needed to fill a league.
What brought you to the MBBRL? Better question, since Ive been here from the start, would be, why do you stay..also a simple answer. The people, by far and away. You guys. That and the competitiveness of the league is amazing
How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? This year I continues to cut back. I count 7. The 5 MBBRL's, --KOTF, Suicide, Coma, D1, D2 and 2 money leagues. When we started MBBRL, I was in over 30 every year
How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? Made playoffs in KOTF, and both money leagues. No titles this year though
What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football?
The process of making decisions every week, followed closely by the draft

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Being a stubborn ASS. I'll hang onto a guyi think highly of way too long. I'll also trade for that same guy thinking he'll magically get better in my team
What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? It's a toss up to me between TKO and Joe. TKO will offer advice to anyone on anything. And Joe will break everything down in spreadsheets if he has to
What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? Jeremy Hill, done being burnt there. And Cam Newton, for various reasons

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time?
Emmit Smith without question, 11 straight 1000 yard seasons, nearly all11 with double digit TD's including 2 20+ seasons..can't be touched. followed closely by Priest Holmes, LT, Steve Young, and Randy Moss

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking the other day how cool it would be if we all lived on the same street.

my mom is hosting a fantasy football bday party for me this year, everyone come to my house for a sleep over.
Yes, we can have soda after 8pm!!!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably get around to it Bandit, but since I'll be only participating in the dynasties (not official MBBRL leagues, really; simply allowed to use the name), not sure if should.
Sure you should Chef, we all like to get to know you better.:nod:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah last night. Try to get him back for us
All I can say is Ill do my best.

(Maybe I can send him a PM about how his name is being bandied aboot for an open spot in this intense fantasy league we're in? It worked on me when he did it.)