• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lovie Smith's Gift to Chicago

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Build this man a statue in Houston, without him the Texans probably would’ve taken Young pick #1

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can take a horse to water but you can't force him to drink. Lovie hooked the Bears up perfectly,
Why does it always seem like Chicago is always getting the raw end of trades?

Their #32 overall pick for Claypool?

Their #11 overall pick for Rick Mirer? (Seahawks drafted Shawn Springs with that pick)

Greg Olsen to the Panthers for a 3rd round pick? They drafted Brandon Hardin who played only 2 seasons with the Bears... They drafted him 2 picks after Russell Wilson was taken...

Bears trade up to #3 to get Trubisky... SF Drafts DE, Solomon Thomas, DB A. Witherspoon, QB CJ Beathard, LB Fred Warner

Sent Trace Armstrong to Miami for 2nd and 3rd round pick:

Bears sent #4 overall pick to Jets in return for #13 and #22... They ended up drafting Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman...

Traded #7 overall pick to Washington in exchange for #12 and 4 others... They selected Cade McNown w/ #12... Washington selected DB, Champ Bailey at #7...
You can take a horse to water but you can't force him to drink. Lovie hooked the Bears up perfectly, but they're still the Bears and will still find a way to squander their draft capital.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can take a horse to water but you can't force him to drink. Lovie hooked the Bears up perfectly,

You can take a horse to water but you can't force him to drink. Lovie hooked the Bears up perfectly, but they're still the Bears and will still find a way to squander their draft capital.
Can't argue with this take regarding our previous GMs. but so far our current boss, Ryan Poles, did a helluva job with last year's haul. He ended up drafting two starters at RT & CB respectively, another who will probably open this coming season as a starting DT, a veteran WR who finished 6th this year in receiving yardage and is already inked to a team-friendly contract, the first pick in this year's draft, and the Panthers 2025 2nd round pick. Sounds more like the very opposite of squander, wouldn't you agree?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears did well this draft, I agree. I liked Darnell Wright a lot, but expected he'd go later due to being a right tackle. They probably should have taken Jalen Carter instead of trading with the Eagles, but we shall see, time will tell.

Carter fell off like the rest of the Philly defense, but he still had a good rookie year, with six sacks and a lot of splash plays.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with this take regarding our previous GMs. but so far our current boss, Ryan Poles, did a helluva job with last year's haul. He ended up drafting two starters at RT & CB respectively, another who will probably open this coming season as a starting DT, a veteran WR who finished 6th this year in receiving yardage and is already inked to a team-friendly contract, the first pick in this year's draft, and the Panthers 2025 2nd round pick. Sounds more like the very opposite of squander, wouldn't you agree?
I'm with you on all of that. Now they just need the law of averages to work out in getting a bonafide franchise QB that can change the landscape for the franchise.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears did well this draft, I agree. I liked Darnell Wright a lot, but expected he'd go later due to being a right tackle. They probably should have taken Jalen Carter instead of trading with the Eagles, but we shall see, time will tell.

Carter fell off like the rest of the Philly defense, but he still had a good rookie year, with six sacks and a lot of splash plays.
The going story in the local rags was Poles liked Carter's productivity at Georgia (I mean, who wouldn't), but was thinking more long term and was and perhaps remains unsure how Carter will fare 3, 5, 7 years down the road. He felt with Wright he was getting a mainstay performing at a very high level at the RT spot for many years. Obviously we'll have to wait and see how this plays out in years to come. But I at least understood the mentality behind his decision if this was indeed the case.