• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lovie Smith's Gift to Chicago

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Chicago gave a gift to Pittsburgh

Why does it always seem like Chicago is always getting the raw end of trades?

Their #32 overall pick for Claypool?

Their #11 overall pick for Rick Mirer? (Seahawks drafted Shawn Springs with that pick)

Greg Olsen to the Panthers for a 3rd round pick? They drafted Brandon Hardin who played only 2 seasons with the Bears... They drafted him 2 picks after Russell Wilson was taken...

Bears trade up to #3 to get Trubisky... SF Drafts DE, Solomon Thomas, DB A. Witherspoon, QB CJ Beathard, LB Fred Warner

Sent Trace Armstrong to Miami for 2nd and 3rd round pick:

Bears sent #4 overall pick to Jets in return for #13 and #22... They ended up drafting Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman...

Traded #7 overall pick to Washington in exchange for #12 and 4 others... They selected Cade McNown w/ #12... Washington selected DB, Champ Bailey at #7...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their #11 overall pick for Rick Mirer? (Seahawks drafted Shawn Springs with that pick)

Greg Olsen to the Panthers for a 3rd round pick? They drafted Brandon Hardin who played only 2 seasons with the Bears... They drafted him 2 picks after Russell Wilson was taken...

Bears trade up to #3 to get Trubisky... SF Drafts DE, Solomon Thomas, DB A. Witherspoon, QB CJ Beathard, LB Fred Warner

Bears sent #4 overall pick to Jets in return for #13 and #22... They ended up drafting Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman...

Traded #7 overall pick to Washington in exchange for #12 and 4 others... They selected Cade McNown w/ #12... Washington selected DB, Champ Bailey at #7...
you talking bad about Bears draft picks.
Ohhhh man! There is a bears fan around here that is gonna get you! :becky:
Image result for gonna get you gif

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you talking bad about Bears draft picks.
Ohhhh man! There is a bears fan around here that is gonna get you! :becky:
Image result for gonna get you gif
I honestly can't think of many good trades in the SB era with the Bears... Dan Hampton maybe in the 70's?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breathe Chill Out GIF by CSDRMS

2021 Justin Fields QB (sucks IMO)

I don't think Justin Fields sucks.. he ran for 1,000 yards and passed for 2,500 and had a positive TD to INT ratio.

I can't really point the finger at Fields at the moment because the Bears have one of the worst OLs in the league, no running game (except Fields) and no talent at receiver.

And then what did they do last draft? Took a corner and a safety while their pass rush and basically every element of their offense sucks ass. It was quite appalling...

The Bears had the crappiest pass rush in the NFL this last year.... Carter reportedly has some questions surrounding him on work ethic/passion, so it may not be good to put him on the shittiest team in the league. Anderson seems like the right choice but I have to seriously wonder if the Bears will try to trade out of the #1 pick and give it to the Panthers, Colts, Falcons, maybe even Raiders to haul in a 2024 1st and maybe another 2nd in 2023 (they have a 2nd but it's very late).

There's some decent WR/OT/G talent in this draft, just not at #1... if the Bears drafted another QB with the #1 overall, lmao.... Fields would probably be fine on an actually competent team with some decent coaches and weapons.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Justin Fields sucks.. he ran for 1,000 yards and passed for 2,500 and had a positive TD to INT ratio.

I can't really point the finger at Fields at the moment because the Bears have one of the worst OLs in the league, no running game (except Fields) and no talent at receiver.

And then what did they do last draft? Took a corner and a safety while their pass rush and basically every element of their offense sucks ass. It was quite appalling...

The Bears had the crappiest pass rush in the NFL this last year.... Carter reportedly has some questions surrounding him on work ethic/passion, so it may not be good to put him on the shittiest team in the league. Anderson seems like the right choice but I have to seriously wonder if the Bears will try to trade out of the #1 pick and give it to the Panthers, Colts, Falcons, maybe even Raiders to haul in a 2024 1st and maybe another 2nd in 2023 (they have a 2nd but it's very late).

There's some decent WR/OT/G talent in this draft, just not at #1... if the Bears drafted another QB with the #1 overall, lmao.... Fields would probably be fine on an actually competent team with some decent coaches and weapons.
It would be very Bears-like to trade the #1 for collection of picks and they end with busts while Anderson ends up in the HOF. Obviously, it depends on the offer, most likely from a QB hungry team, but if not they should draft Will Anderson and don't look back. What really hurts them is giving up that #32 pick. That is a back breaker for a team that has a lot of needs. They still have another 2nd, 3rd, 2 4th's and 2 5th's to play with. They need to focus on OL and DL, sprinkle in a WR or two in the draft and FA. Depending on the market I would hit FA hard for OL.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well with all you pointed out about their offense.
Makes sense why the Bears have a running QB.
But a player getting good ground yards doesnt make a good QB.

I will agree though. If giving him a grade as a QB. It would be fair to give him an Incomplete.
I can wait to give him a failing grade, whenever he gets to a team that cares about the QB position.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be very Bears-like to trade the #1 for collection of picks and they end with busts while Anderson ends up in the HOF. Obviously, it depends on the offer, most likely from a QB hungry team, but if not they should draft Will Anderson and don't look back. What really hurts them is giving up that #32 pick. That is a back breaker for a team that has a lot of needs. They still have another 2nd, 3rd, 2 4th's and 2 5th's to play with. They need to focus on OL and DL, sprinkle in a WR or two in the draft and FA. Depending on the market I would hit FA hard for OL.
is there a cant miss QB in this draft (like Manning, Luck, Lawrence) because if there is none with that hype. Moving up to the #1 spot is usually to costly & the Bears will be stuck with the #1 pick.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yah the Bears have huge issues with their pass rush so Anderson may make sense... but if you can get a haul from the Colts or Raiders it may be worthwhile... course their coach is defensive minded and a former linebacker coach so that might just fully mean Anderson is happening.

Claypool looks like a bad trade at the moment, but perhaps a full offseason will help him and Fields.

There is some solid free agents available this year McGlinchey and Brown Jr. (who is likely pissed at the Chiefs for not extending him). Chicago would have to DEARLY overpay though and if the 49ers can Jimmy Gparorlrorlrorlol they'll probably resign McGlinchey. Hard to get quality free agent OL these days, teams just don't let them go too often.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there a cant miss QB in this draft (like Manning, Luck, Lawrence) because if there is none with that hype. Moving up to the #1 spot is usually to costly & the Bears will be stuck with the #1 pick.

I mean if that's the case, take Anderson. The Bears HC was a linebacker coach and defensive coordinator and the Bears couldn't get to the QB at all... if Carter has some motivational issues, I don't think that makes sense at all although with the system the Bears run a 3 tech DT is critical (which Carter projects VERY well at).

I still think Anderson has a bit more proven play and there's been no knock on questions regarding his motivation. And yah, you're probably right on no team wanting to move up... so you take BPA which is either Anderson/Carter.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean if that's the case, take Anderson. The Bears HC was a linebacker coach and defensive coordinator and the Bears couldn't get to the QB at all... if Carter has some motivational issues, I don't think that makes sense at all although with the system the Bears run a 3 tech DT is critical (which Carter projects VERY well at).

I still think Anderson has a bit more proven play and there's been no knock on questions regarding his motivation. And yah, you're probably right on no team wanting to move up... so you take BPA which is either Anderson/Carter.
PFF's draft guy came and said the 3 'Blue Chip' prospect in the draft are Carter, Anderson, and Bijan Robinson. While I agree that DT is important...you see a blue chip Edge rusher then you take him. Bears could trade down to 4 but Arizona would 100% take Anderson at 3. I think if you're a Bears fan you'd take the Colts throwing a 1st (and more) in there to trade up to 1 but I suspect the Bears GM would just hope to get a 2nd out of Houston to go down one spot and still take Anderson.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn’t mind them doing that move, selling fields and extending the clock.

It would depends on the trades offered for each option obviously. Being able to take a 1-1 qb and getting a first in the top 10 to land a key OT would be fun as well

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually dont have a huge issue with how they drafted last year. They were always going to be bad in 2022 apparently. Not fully sure how hard that defense was even trying but that would be a question for Bears fans.

The issue with the Bears was them going all-in on Khalil Mack and it kinda gutted their team long-term. Then trading up for Justin Field combined they lost out on 4 1st round picks IIRC. Fields himself could have been Evan Neal and Kwity Paye. Not nothing, thats for sure.

As such, I think every Bears fan approached this year as a rebuild year and low and behold they got the #1 pick. Got rid of a LB they werent going to pay. Took shortcuts at the WR position that havent paid off yet. Drafted S and CB in a deep secondary draft. Freed up far and away the most money in the NFL.

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that the Bears are the only franchise to never have a 4000 yd QB in their history. :shocked:

The Bears have an ignominious history at quarterback, so it’s fitting that they are the only franchise that doesn’t have a 4,000-yard season in its history. Kramer, another journeyman, threw for 3,838 yards in 1995. That somehow remains the Chicago record, and that’s why people still talk about Sid Luckman in the Windy City.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that the Bears are the only franchise to never have a 4000 yd QB in their history. :shocked:

The Bears have an ignominious history at quarterback, so it’s fitting that they are the only franchise that doesn’t have a 4,000-yard season in its history. Kramer, another journeyman, threw for 3,838 yards in 1995. That somehow remains the Chicago record, and that’s why people still talk about Sid Luckman in the Windy City.
The Eagles never had a 4,000 yard passer until Wentz did it in 2019. And we haven't had one since.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK wow when The Bears recent trade history is laid out like that.............................................

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some solid free agents available this year McGlinchey and Brown Jr. (who is likely pissed at the Chiefs for not extending him). Chicago would have to DEARLY overpay though and if the 49ers can Jimmy Gparorlrorlrorlol they'll probably resign McGlinchey. Hard to get quality free agent OL these days, teams just don't let them go too often.
Jimmy is a FA after the season and the Niners won't resign him.

Even so, I think McGlinchey's price will be too high for SF b/c a Tackle-needy team like the Bears or Commies will overpay to get him even though he's strictly been a RT since he's been in the NFL.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy is a FA after the season and the Niners won't resign him.

Even so, I think McGlinchey's price will be too high for SF b/c a Tackle-needy team like the Bears or Commies will overpay to get him even though he's strictly been a RT since he's been in the NFL.

Yah but the 9ers can use the FT I think if needed... and they absolutely will in the prime years of that defense. But who knows.. they got quite a bit of money locked up in Trent Williams already - and while they can save some by cutting him which may make sense, then Trent Williams is an option for Chicago.

End of day I think you're right, and I don't think San Fran would be smart to take on dead cap and restructure a bunch of players for McGlinchey, but they might... you got two very young QBs now (Purdy and Lance) and protecting them is super important. Trent Williams was one of the best OTs in the league this year, but he's also 35... course Whitworth was basically dominant until he was 40 so who knows.

Let's get the annihilation of Seattle over with on Saturday and then fast forward through the rest of the bullshit and get to free agency and the draft which is really all I care about now, dammit! I mean I guess Seattle could win this weekend... lol.... make it to the Super Bowl? Imagine if some guy bet like $100 on Seattle winning the Super Bowl just prior to the start of the season? Guy is probably more set for life than the jackass that got beat up on United.