• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings @ Florida Panthers, 2/5 4:00 PM, FS-W

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I too would love to see Brown sent packing, it was a royal mistake to give him that contract. He has brought nothing to the table after that. I too think Stoll is gone and agree shouldn't move RR#44. Kings need all the experience on D and given they play the most minutes you can't throw out a mid level prospect making Muzzin mistakes.

I am on the boat that thinks the Kings miss the PO all together, too many opportunities squashed. A full offseason away from the game might be a blessing in disguise.

Dean L has done a remarkable job sans a couple contract mishaps and it has netted two cups in three years so regardless, in Dean I trust.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Read an article summing up the terrible 3rd. This is what stood out:

The Kings now need 41 points in their final 30 games to hit that magic number of 95 points.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Kings now need 41 points in their final 30 games to hit that magic number of 95 points.

I said I would never doubt this team again, but the playoff picture is looking daunting. Clearly, not a lot of gas left in this team's tank considering three consecutive deep playoff runs. I'm still basking in the glow of 2 Cups in three years, this team gets a mulligan this year.

But, Dean-O needs make some big decisions - I love reading the back and forth in here, great stuff. Im learning a lot.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would take a record of 20-9-1 which would some sort of streak to say the least. Not impossible but in my estimation highly unlikely.

Ox

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they make it, I still appreciate everyone that made the cup wins possible but many of these guys look like Pencakes out there, no drive or hustle just looking around waiting for someone else to make the play. I can only hope the changes coming are the right ones, based on recent events I doubt it but even with management gaffs the blame is solely on the players as management found a winner and kept them together to a fault. Teammates should have stepped up their play for each other but did not.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Kings squeak in, only because I think Calgary & Winnipeg and the other fringe teams will wilt especially with Kane's mess. We just have to play better NOW.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the kings get in, I think Richard comes back with a vengeance and if Voynov is cleared it will be like a trade deadline pick up.
Big ifs I know.
What I don't want is Deano trading youth for a player because it is the only way they make the playoffs.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the kings get in, I think Richard comes back with a vengeance and if Voynov is cleared it will be like a trade deadline pick up.
Big ifs I know.
What I don't want is Deano trading youth for a player because it is the only way they make the playoffs.

I think it's a pipedream to think that Voynov can come back this season even if he's cleared. There's no way he could be in game shape for the playoffs. I agree that I don't want Lombardi to trade youth or even high draft picks just to get someone who might get them into the playoffs. I'd rather bite the bullet on this season and retool during the off-season.

Ox

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think Lombardi has that sentiment. He understands the business of hockey and while short term is nice it is a risk. Below is a piece from the article:

Nebulous market, cap uncertainty muddle deadline ? LA Kings Insider

"Lombardi also acknowledged last year that a dangerous market exists at the deadline; he even borrowed from Gordon Gekko by saying “I look at 100 deals a day, I choose one.” Teams understand that expiring contracts make player rentals dicey because they’re still on the hook to ice a competitive team for the following season, and exchanging assets for a rental is a risky move."