• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings @ Florida Panthers, 2/5 4:00 PM, FS-W

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doughty hit him you pansy

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jeebus

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick looking over-rated

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 road wins
Stanley cup champs
One of the best road teams for the last three years
5 road wins

Oh and scored first only 3 times on the road this year

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Speechless, the team keeps hitting rock bottom. The only positive is 2 cups in 3 years, can't win em all.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It became very evident to me during this game that the Kings just aren't working hard enough. I don't remember a time during the game where the Kings had the puck along the boards and didn't have it taken away from them. I saw it happen over and over again. Then at the end with Quick out and an extra skater on the ice they got themselves double-teamed along the boards. How can you let yourself get outnumbered at the puck when you have an extra skater.

Ox

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown said it the other day, Kings are playing with no heart.
He tried to call the team out and Sutter turned it around on him saying that the first goal was because he made a bad line change. Then the team phones this one in.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more important note. Once the Panthers got behind they cranked up the intensity and instead of the Kings matching that it seemed they backed off. I'm getting the impression that they don't care whether they win or lose at this point. Of course they mouth the words and say they need to do this and do that to get this turned around and then commence to go out and play the same lethargic game they've been playing during this long-ass losing streak. I don't count loser points as anything but a loss. I'm still trying to figure out how they beat the Blackhawks in that last home game.

Ox

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think DL should quickly change this season into a quick "retool" season. I think its pretty clear we aren't making the playoffs this year. I know we arent that many points out but now we have way to many teams to leap over to get back into and history shows thats more of a killer than points back.

We should try and purge some players or trade away some pending UFAs for young players/picks and not waste time keeping guys and hoping it works out again next year.

Really think we need to try and move Williams, Brown, Muzzin, Stoll and Reghar to try and get something for them.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have officially joined the "Jake Muzzin is an Idiot" club. How could you not look before you blindly throw the puck towards the center of the ice in front of your goaltender? I supported him for far too long. Now it's looking like everybody's 2-3 score is going to come about.

Ox

He just reacts instead of taking his time to think. :doh:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is an average player who has his moments, that's the reality of Muzzin. He still makes errors he was making his first year in the league and his gaffes tend to be of the grandiose variety.

That spin backhand pass to no one except a Panther was a complete bonehead move, and these are the types of things I have been harping on the last few years. Just when you think this guy may be turning the corner he proves you wrong.

Dishing out $4 million to this clown was a major league mistake.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think DL should quickly change this season into a quick "retool" season. I think its pretty clear we aren't making the playoffs this year. I know we arent that many points out but now we have way to many teams to leap over to get back into and history shows thats more of a killer than points back.

We should try and purge some players or trade away some pending UFAs for young players/picks and not waste time keeping guys and hoping it works out again next year.

Really think we need to try and move Williams, Brown, Muzzin, Stoll and Reghar to try and get something for them.

This may be the first time in 5 years the Kings don't make the playoffs and honestly I would be OK with that. My gut still tells me they will sneak into 8th and get demolished in the WCQFs but I wouldn't be surprised if they missed it altogether too. I'd rather them be a team other teams fear than one they know they will steamroll as soon as the playoffs start.

An on the fly retool is what is necessary, there are still a lot of good pieces here but some guys' shelf lives in LA have expired. Of the list you provided, Brown would be my number one trade candidate because he hasn't done much for the better part of 5 years. He had a solid 6 months from Jan 1, 2012 to the end of the playoffs and a few moments here and there since but overall he is sucking up some massive cash to be a useless pylon.

The problem is said contract, I don't know who would take that contract on, not to mention he has a limited NMC so he would have some control over the destination, restricting many potential deals. Edmonton could use him, but I highly doubt they are on his approved team list and I'm sure his ball busting wife would put the kibosh on that deal anyway. Buffalo could be a legitimate destination, they have space and it brings him close to his home in NY but again, not sure if he would approve any trade to a bottom feeder (not like he isn't playing on one already right?). His stature in the LA community is a huge roadblock too.

I don't think the Kings should trade Regehr, their defense is thin as is and it's not like they'd get a younger/better player in return; Regehr would probably net a mid level prospect or a 3rd-4th round draft pick - not what LA needs. With the situation with Voynov, Mitchell gone and McNabb still wet behind the ears I don't think that is a smart move. Just run his contract out and let him walk.

Williams and Stoll, I think one of the two is gone for sure. My take is it's Stoll because the Kings can plug in a 3C/4C player at a third of what he is being paid and they have those types of centers. Williams seems to have lost a step, but with Pearson's injury, Toffoli's inconsistency and overall lack of quality wingers I could see him staying.

King and Nolan need to be moved for sure, or at least one of them, and I'd love to see Dumbo sell high on Muzzin. He may have blown it with the Richards (missed the buyout) and Brown (a $5.875 million checker for 8 years? Brilliant) contracts but this is an opportunity to move Muzzin and that contract before that too becomes an albatross.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any reason to move Regehr myself. I would hate to lose Williams, no matter what is going on that guy seems to show up when it matters. Stoll, other then winning some face offs and getting penalties in the offensive zone at the end of the game when the Kings are behind doesn't bring much else other then the team likes him. I would rather see Nolan stay over King but wouldn't care if both were gone. Kopi, Gabs, Carter, TT, Pearson, DD, Amart, Regs, Lewis, Williams, Quick (even the over rated one) would be the guys I would like to see back with Clifford, Greene and Mcnabb as other guys I wouldn't mind back next season as well.

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's this little nugget of information, the Kings are 1-8-2 against the eastern conference on the road. Bonus point if you can guess who that 1 team the Kings beat is.