• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G11 6-2-2 Kings @ Flyers 11/4/23

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day again, I'll be able to catch a little bit before a softball game at 545.

A few connections tonight, Carter Hart is hurt and after being waived our old buddy Cal Petersen was recalled and could face the Kings tonight. Good, because he sucks. Arguably the worst contract Blake handed out but at least he got rid of it. Had to pay a premium to do it (salary retention on Provarov - anyone realize that is $2+ million on the cap? The price you pay for being an idiot with a checkbook) but I'd rather have a mannequin in net than Petersen.

Sean Walker also set to face the Kings, I really liked him when he was here. Nothing spectacular, just a solid player. It took him almost all season to get back to form after he blew out his knee early in 2021 but he got there and with all the youth coming up on D and his age and salary you knew he was going to be moved. Hope he has a good game but not one where he puts a dagger on the Kings.

Talbot set to start again, no doubt he is the #1 in LA now. I was hoping to see Copley because he needs a game and I dont want to see Talbot run into the ground, but his appearances haven't exactly exuded confidence. Talbot also played a handful of games for the Flyers back in 2018-19, so he is going to face a former team too. All kinds of Flyers Kings connections tonight, just need Dumbo in the stands. Kings are rolling with the same lineup the last 8 games, JAD and Bjornfot extras.

Prediction: Kings win 4-3, Kopitar with a goal, Doughty, Lewis and Fiala one each. Buster trips on the red line.

Let's Go Kings!

Last edited:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just surfing around, good lord those are horrendous numbers and that's in the AHL:

Couturier also out tonight which is huge. Flyers have some muscle on the fourth line with former King draft pick Deslauriers and Hathaway, both of whom can throw. Englund may have to drop them tonight, it'll be a physical game.

Also watch for Bobby Brink, young kid turning into a solid player. Interestingly enough he was taken at 34th in 2019, one spot after Kaliyev.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TA, one concern for each team after a month of hockey:

Los Angeles Kings

The backup goaltending has been shaky: If there has been one persistent question about the Kings and their drive toward being a true Stanley Cup contender, it has been whether they’ve got enough goaltending to match up against the elite clubs. Cam Talbot has answered the bell in grabbing the No. 1 job with some steady netminding. He’s done his part, but Pheonix Copley hasn’t been nearly as effective in his small sample. Copley has played in only three games and has a 4.98 goals-against average and .788 save percentage. The lack of many back-to-back games in the schedule has allowed Todd McLellan to lean more on Talbot, but Copley’s scuffles could have the Kings riding the 36-year-old more than they should in the early going. Veteran David Rittich is playing well with AHL Ontario. A switch could be in order if Copley doesn’t get it going soon. — Eric Stephens

When I made my comment above regarding Copley, the thought did cross my mind that maybe Rittich should get called up. He's doing well in Ontario and has a history of being a solid 1A/B at times. Copley, as great as his story was last season, does not. His numbers are horrific too, didn't realize how bad it was. Yikes.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tight game so far, 0-0. Kings need a Petersen Special to appear.

Was checking out comments on Teh Blog earlier and someone called him "Leaky Pete", freaking gold.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not watching the game, i see Buster has 2a...promising?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three assists now, we're at the field so I'm not watching but I saw his first two, secondaries and good plays but nothing special. Start scoring dude, but the faithfully will say "progress".

Yeah no...put the f**king puck in the net, they didn't draft you to be a secondary assist king.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-0? Damn they are opening a can of whoopass. I saw the first two, the key with Petersen is once you get one you're getting a few, he is mentally not sharp enough to be an NHL goaltender.

Going to have to watch P2-3 on the replay when I get home but it sure sounds like Kings dominating.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna say Talbot is the second coming of Copely...outplay the starter, get LA to the PO to be pushed aside by a rental

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three assists now, we're at the field so I'm not watching but I saw his first two, secondaries and good plays but nothing special. Start scoring dude, but the faithfully will say "progress".

Yeah no...put the f**king puck in the net, they didn't draft you to be a secondary assist king.
Bummer, was hopeful he was making the plays...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna say Talbot is the second coming of Copely...outplay the starter, get LA to the PO to be pushed aside by a rental
I don't think it'll be a rental. If the Kings make a move for a goalie at the TDL it'll be a young, in for the long haul starter.

But Talbot has played well so far, little surprised honestly. He's steady, best way I can describe it but he has made some game savers during this season so far, something the Kings didn't get last season overall.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer, was hopeful he was making the plays...
It's crazy how he will have (so far) 10 points in 11 games, 2G/8A. But he really hasn't done anything to pop at you to get those 10 points. It's like Fiala having 10A, kind of just happened.

He hasn't changed a game or made a big play in any way, and that's what I was expecting. You put him on L4 and all that disappears, points or not he needs to score and make an impact for a 2OA.

Just today I read on TA they referred to Stutzle as "generational". That burned knowing the Kings had a shot at him but took a century long project instead.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just today I read on TA they referred to Stutzle as "generational". That burned knowing the Kings had a shot at him but took a century long project ininstead.i
I wanted him from the get, he seems struggling this season,but games i watched previous seasons he was fun to watch and could just see "it"

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is awesome to behold is the Oil unable to even play zone defense properly....their d is so inept its amazing

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad night to be a former Kings goalie....even quick had one bounce off the pipes hit him and go in...in a shootout

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted him from the get, he seems struggling this season,but games i watched previous seasons he was fun to watch and could just see "it"

I didn't want him either, I wanted Sanderson or Raymond. But Stutzle would have been good too, all 3 of those guys are better than Buster and chugging along.

Sanderson is going to be an elite defender, just watch. I hope the Kings got that in Clarke but a Clarke/Sanderson duo would have been great for LA for at least a decade.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is awesome to behold is the Oil unable to even play zone defense properly....their d is so inept its amazing
They look horrendous, its a beautiful sight to see. Bouchard couldn't cover a man in a closet, Nurse is Nurse, love it.

I don't think their shwarmy salesman of a coach lasts another week.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad night to be a former Kings goalie....even quick had one bounce off the pipes hit him and go in...in a shootout
Jusy watched the replay, wow does Peterson stink.

Bad night indeed but he hasn't been good for a few years now.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord the Buster knob gobbling is ridiculous this morning on Teh Blog. Like I said I don't care about underlying stats, CF%, 5v5 stats, whatever. We get he is a good puck hound, I am not taking that away from him.

But someone called Fiala an "ice cold goal scorer" yet Buster has 2 (Fiala 1) and one of Buster's deflected in off a Colorado stick but he ISN'T an ice cold goal scorer? The hypocrisy boggles my mind. Fiala and Buster have legitimately beaten a goalie once.

Need to start putting pucks in the net son, period. They've had guys like Iafallo and Pearson to do what you've been doing in the past and they weren't 2OAs.

It's almost like the Buster fans are finding anything positive to justify his play.