• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G35 20-9-5 Kings vs Detoilet 1/4/23

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day again, wonderful Detroit is in town. Their fans can be obnoxious but that was at the height of their success when visiting LA, been a lot tamer since.

Big line up changes, McLellan really shuffled everything up in the last half of the TO game and will continue those lines tonight:

55/11/12
78/80/9
22/24/91
28/46/61

44/8 or 44/92
84/3
5/92 or 5/21

Interesting note is Doughty didn't practice yesterday, a maintenance day but is expected to play tonight. In his absence Clarke was paired as RD1 with Anderson. But with Doughty expected to play tonight, and the pair of Gavrikov and Roy a solid shut down pair, I'm expecting Spence to be scratched tonight and Clarke to take his spot as RD3 with Englund leaving him and Arty Retardy as the two healthy scratches. I'd be very surprised to see 7D, meaning 34 and 28 are the scratches and there will be double shifting on the two B6 lines.

I don't think they'd throw Clarke to the wolves immediately on D1, which is why I think he will see sheltered minutes with Englund and PP2 in place of Spence. Plus pairing him with Englund keeps him safe from old tarts like Perron who is still doing Perron things (suspended for 6 games not too long ago, he took exception to Larkin getting knocked out and defended his captain but also went for the wrong guy being the hot head he is. Of course his legendary stick work and agitation will be on full display). I would be extremely surprised to see Englund scratched and both Spence and Clarke in as D3, the only logical place to make changes if Doughty is in. Way too risky having two RHDs and not a lot of experience as a pair at once.

All in all need a much better effort tonight, last 3 games against Vegas, Edmonton and TO left a lot of effort to be desired.

Prediction: Kings win 3-2 in OT, Moore, Kempe and Fiala with goals. Talbot expected in net. Better effort, back to fundamentals and a hard fought win that hopefully is a launching point back to playing good hockey.

Let's Go Kings!

Last edited:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updates, looks like

- Clarke will not play tonight so the usual defense pairings will stay intact
- Arty Retardy is coming back in which means JAD is sitting (I don't get this one - JAD shows more hustle and deserves more than a 1 game stint. Retardy needs a few games in the press box, his play has been terrible for some time now. A game scratch seems like a slap on the wrist, they flat out need more from him)
- Big Save Dave is the projected starter tonight

As posted, Bjornfot claimed by Vegas. Good for him, their defense is stout. Maybe he can learn something he wasn't able to in LA.

Hard to say if this is a long term deal or a bandaid, they have three defenders out so he should get some NHL time. Whether he sticks or not is another story.

Good luck bud.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a more important game than it looks. Det isnt a "big game" for these guys to get up for and after a pathetic showing vs leasts and laying down last 2 periods vs coilers these guys really need to bang for 3 periods.....i dont see it happening but i can be hopeful these guys find their will to play.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an absolutely huge game just to get things right. Detroit scores a lot, but their defense sucks. Let's see what these guys are capable of.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boys look a hell of a lot better than the last month. Looks like there's some purpose finally.

Bitch mode: Buster with yet another secondary useless assist. I do not think he has arrived, he's been extremely fortunate in a lot of situations because he has been put in those situations. I don't see a lot that he does on his own like Doughty or Kopitar did, also franchise altering players at one time. They broke games and had that "it".

Definitely an improvement over the last 3 years, but I wouldn't go jerking myself off over this guy yet.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable. Jeff 5 Goal Petry. I remember him and his satanic eyes a few years ago with the Habs during the SCFs.

If they lose to this incarnation of the Wings...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh this is rich, now they're getting clowned at the end of periods. Nut the f**k up boys, play some legitimate hockey.

Most emotion they've shown in a while, too bad it wasn't an actual period.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the ‘Nucks and LVG are losing this would be a golden opportunity to make up points in them.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a golden opportunity slips through their fingers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed most of the game. Only radio for final period. Crazy to hear they have 4 wins in the the last 12. Mercifully ended this homestand, and get to get back on the road again.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And The Legend gets another goal and GW to boot. Looked a lot better with Kempe than Laferriere and Kaliyev or whoever but they need him to produce.

This second period completely unraveled the Kings, the third looked scrambly. Something is very wrong with this team.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed most of the game. Only radio for final period. Crazy to hear they have 4 wins in the the last 12. Mercifully ended this homestand, and get to get back on the road again.

7-7-5 at home, so basically 7-12. That's is absolutely horrible. I'm not saying win all your games at home, but you have to be better than that.

Personally I don't think the road will help. This team is just mishmashed. Hope I'm wrong.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About what i expected, this is the Kings of the last 10 or 12 games unfortunately

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line blender, same results. Have to give it a few games though to see if they stick and gel.

Better effort last night but still not good enough considering the Wings weren't exactly on a heater.