• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lionstop1's official mock and draft-day discussion.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense does have impact guys but they have some spots where they can upgrade with an "impact" guy. They could fo WR, TE or OT. There is still work to be done on that side of the ball on too, imo.

If the offense can upgrade at WR, TE or OT. The defense needs to upgrade at basically every position but DT and there is even an argument for drafting DT as both guys are in the last year of their deals.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swap firsts, give up a 3rd, a 4th and next year's first for one guy? No one should be that stupid. If I'm giving up my 1st yext year, I'm keeping my #10 and picking twice in the first this year. Anything else is crazy.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work Big Blue.

Im fine with something like that. Have you guys evened questioned whether the Suh situation has anything to do with this? They are in cap hell, so why does a 1st round pick even matter next year?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lionstop1 said:
I wouldnt mind something like that but 30 is a long way down. Sometimes (not all the time) you cant go with quantity over quality. If the Lions were at 18 or so, I wouldnt even be for a trade up. At ten though, you have to consider it.

Yep and there are NO IMPACT PLAYERS at #30 because they're all gone as they are obviously gone too at #56 and #61...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrustmeImright,

I agree. Im good with every scenario, I just favor the trade up.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrustMeIamRight said:
If the offense can upgrade at WR, TE or OT. The defense needs to upgrade at basically every position but DT and there is even an argument for drafting DT as both guys are in the last year of their deals.

Make that all three DT's are in last year of contract. Plus Fluellen is on a 1 yr and Martin really is 1 yr cut bait too, so in fact all DT's are out of a contract after this year.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make that all three DT's are in last year of contract. Plus Fluellen is on a 1 yr and Martin really is 1 yr cut bait too, so in fact all DT's are out of a contract after this year.

Haven't you heard? DT doesn't matter.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^Thru.. I wasn't paying attention... I just try to be you.. Fan the Flames.. it's damn smokey up in here...I don't know shit.. just tryin' ta learn a bit

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swap firsts, give up a 3rd, a 4th and next year's first for one guy? No one should be that stupid. If I'm giving up my 1st yext year, I'm keeping my #10 and picking twice in the first this year. Anything else is crazy.

That was what I was I getting at too. At least I know it is not just me.

Good to hear from TBB. Need your input more around here.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im fine with something like that. Have you guys evened questioned whether the Suh situation has anything to do with this? They are in cap hell, so why does a 1st round pick even matter next year?

Draft picks are like gold in the NFL right now with the introduction of the rookie salary cap. Suh's cap hit this year is bigger than what the total of his 4 year contract would have been, if he was drafted a year later.

So the thought of trading away draft picks is off base. If anything, they should be accumulating as many draft picks as they can as those players will be cheaper than anything they will find on the FA market for the talent they can bring to the table.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ MayWand has no clue in how to trade down only trade up for failures like Best, LeShoure, Whitehead or injury prone like Young, Broyles, Fox... yeah, I know Best and LeShoure had 1 yr total each of playing really well but GDMF RB's can be had in rds 5-7, even the really speedy ones

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't you heard? DT doesn't matter.

Come on now Truth -- no one is saying DT doesn't matter. You just don't pay a DT as you would the best DE or a shut down CB.

Richard Sherman just signed a 4 year extension worth 57 million, I believe. You think Suh should be paid more than Richard Sherman?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have a solid nucleus of players to build on. Losing a couple picks for a elite prospect is no biggie.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought everyone trusted Xanders?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. You guys are a tough crowd. They did very well last year and I would think people wouldnt really trip about this.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now Truth -- no one is saying DT doesn't matter. You just don't pay a DT as you would the best DE or a shut down CB.

Richard Sherman just signed a 4 year extension worth 57 million, I believe. You think Suh should be paid more than Richard Sherman?

I know Mike, I was just bustin' your chops. Pretty toasted right now.

Just so you know, I wouldn't put CB even close to the importance of a DT. My opinion.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we all have our thoughts wrong because we're Lions fans and the entire coaching staff thinks our defense isn't really as good as we think and has so many needs that they can't be filled this year so they'll just try to become Denver. Suh is consistent and Fairley isn't then you have two rookies in Ansah and Taylor that may not be as productive as last year. It does happen just look at Suh's 2nd year. Jason Jones and CJ Mosley have never been anything special throughout their careers. Tulloch has been the best tackler but he's average, Levy finally broke out after 3 years, do you really think he duplicates last years stats ? Quin is versatile and solid anywhere in the secondary but Slay, Bentley, Green and Greenwood have only flashed but more disappointment than positives in their play. Do you really think Mathis can/will be as good as last year, he's been in the league for 11 years. Ihedigbo has been a career back-up with not a lot of production until last year as a first time starter, doesn't mean he duplicates last year production.

Trade the farm and outscore everyone ?

You can't always think that the defense will continue to improve just because they showed signs of doing such the last 2 years. Sometimes the exact opposite happens. Look at NE the last 3-4 years and CHI the last couple of years after both teams played solid defense for quite a few years

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Mike, I was just bustin' your chops. Pretty toasted right now.

Just so you know, I wouldn't put CB even close to the importance of a DT. My opinion.

There's the problem....You wouldn't, Mike wouldn't, and I wouldn't, But the Lions did. If were not careful we could do it again with Arnold at 10 DT.......See how funny the Lions front office can be......You don't pay top shelf money for DT.....Maybe that's why the Raiders are the laughing stock of the NFL...Drafting Janikowski with the 17th overall pick even before the CBA......That's just dumb......Lions don't have much room to brag though, we have done our fair share of draft blunders.

He's a fine kicker but 17th overall? come on.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lionstop1 said:
I thought everyone trusted Xanders?

I trust Xanders just not the Dip-Shit who actually has the final Say in who the pick is. TBH, Ansah having only played football for 2 years (1 yr actually starting 9 of 13 games) was luck of the draw all the way around. How many times do you see a foreign player who knows absolutely nothing about the sport prosper fairly well with so little experience and yet guys who've played since they were 8 years old FAIL MISERABLY once in the NFL... LUCK......Drafting players is a 50-50 chance they pan out just like Ansah. It's a lot of luck.. Finding Warford and Taylor (he flashed last year but still has a long ways to go, why wasn't his production better once Clowney arrived ?).. Then there's Martin.. He was superbly solid last year and did make an impact. ST's players can/do make impacts if they're really good. All those inside the 20 punts and coffin corner. It wasn't like that the 2 previous years.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's the problem....You wouldn't, Mike wouldn't, and I wouldn't, But the Lions did. If were not careful we could do it again with Arnold at 10 DT.......See how funny the Lions front office can be......You don't pay top shelf money for DT.....Maybe that's why the Raiders are the laughing stock of the NFL...Drafting Janikowski with the 17th overall pick even before the CBA......That's just dumb......Lions don't have much room to brag though, we have done our fair share of draft blunders.

He's a fine kicker but 17th overall? come on.

You better get off the weed Muzz. You can't handle it.