• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just mean we need a pass catcher as well

That's what receivers are for.....

You get some jagoff running back catching passes, next thing you know.....oh shit that's what's happening now.

A good downhill runner who can block and catch a dump pass every now and then is MORE than enough to survive in the NFL.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't invest too much time into draft analysis... Everyone was saying that Le'Veon had terrible vision as a runner. They also said AB didn't have size or speed to effectively beat press coverages and also needs to refine his route running skills.

That said... Not a fan of Guice. Everything I've seen on tape doesn't really scream 3-down material. But I could be wrong.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't invest too much time into draft analysis... Everyone was saying that Le'Veon had terrible vision as a runner. They also said AB didn't have size or speed to effectively beat press coverages and also needs to refine his route running skills.

That said... Not a fan of Guice. Everything I've seen on tape doesn't really scream 3-down material. But I could be wrong.

But we've always had a thing for taking nobodies and making them somebody's.....

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers met with RB Derrius Guice during NFL Combine

This is saying they may look at Guice in the first round......

There has even been talk of if the Steelers get a good back they may rescind his tag.

I think Guice is the best back in the draft. Barkley is a one trick pony who, without huge long runs, his ypc would look horrible. Has a tag ever been rescinded? I can't remember a time where that happened. Could be wrong though.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a mock this morning with Guice mocked to the Steelers in the first. I don't hate it, but I would rather they take their chances on Kerryon Johnson falling to them in the second and grab defense in the first.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a mock this morning with Guice mocked to the Steelers in the first. I don't hate it, but I would rather they take their chances on Kerryon Johnson falling to them in the second and grab defense in the first.
IDK if I like the RB pick in the 1st. We do have 2 bigger needs than RB. LB and CB/S.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Guice is the best back in the draft. Barkley is a one trick pony who, without huge long runs, his ypc would look horrible. Has a tag ever been rescinded? I can't remember a time where that happened. Could be wrong though.
It suddenly struck me that Barkley's YPC is kinda like Barry Sanders's in the NFL. Sanders would have 5 or 6 carries for practically nothing and then crack off a long run. Not that Barkley is the next Sanders and I think Sanders YPC in college wasn't long run dependent.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if I like the RB pick in the 1st. We do have 2 bigger needs than RB. LB and CB/S.
I'm really big on BPA and if a RB is BPA I'd rather see them go that way than take a lesser talent at a position of more need. Ideally you'd hope that the BPA is on defense though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was a given as soon as the first discussions failed & the tag was applied... Once the combine starts there's no time. During the combine & immediately after they do prospect meetings. Then Free Agency madness starts. Then they start traveling for pro-days until the draft starts. Colbert invests himself 100% into scouting & the drafting process.

“At this point, after we tagged him, we moved into other matters of free agency and [attending] pro days,” Colbert said Sunday at the NFL owners meetings at the Ritz Carlton resort. “We’re not choosing to ignore him, we have other circumstances to take care of at the moment. More urgent business needs to be taken care of.”

Colbert added, “I anticipate us continuing that process once we get through the free agency period and maybe even the draft. The draft could change things on both sides.”

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colbert added, “I anticipate us continuing that process once we get through the free agency period and maybe even the draft. The draft could change things on both sides.”

I think this means that if Guice(sp?) falls to them they'll take him. Of course I could just be reading to much into that but with their FA additions if a RB is BPA in the 1st or 2nd rounds, they'll take him. Wouldn't it be crazy if Barkley fell to 28th? I know that's highly unlikely BUT the year Bell was drafted no RBs were drafted in the 1st round, so you never know.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this means that if Guice(sp?) falls to them they'll take him. Of course I could just be reading to much into that but with their FA additions if a RB is BPA in the 1st or 2nd rounds, they'll take him. Wouldn't it be crazy if Barkley fell to 28th? I know that's highly unlikely BUT the year Bell was drafted no RBs were drafted in the 1st round, so you never know.
If Barkley falls out of the top 10 then there would likely be a mad flurry of trades with teams trying to move up to grab him. Forget the arguments against him, the kid is a freak athlete.

But yes Colbert's comments certainly make the tag look fairly unstable at the moment. Could be another one of Colbert's negotiation tactics though as he knows full well that Le'Veon will be listening to every word. I can see them drafting a RB in the 2nd. 1st Rd will be tricky. BPA is definitely the route to take so they'll have to wait & see how things unfold.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not going to happen Bell... In 2019, good luck elsewhere.

:tsk:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what receivers are for.....

You get some jagoff running back catching passes, next thing you know.....oh shit that's what's happening now.

A good downhill runner who can block and catch a dump pass every now and then is MORE than enough to survive in the NFL.

I didn't know which way to go...funny or winner...both were fitting...lol!

Very true though.