• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell writing his script on the wall for his departure.. smh

Oh woe is me Bell... We all feel so bad for you and your $26mil over 2 years. How are you ever going to live off of that? The city thinks you're a terrible person... blah blah blah

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not going to happen Bell... In 2019, good luck elsewhere.

:tsk:

I just had a long debate with a guy at the barbershop last evening...he said Bell wants $17mil per and he's good...Guaranteed money is not a factor, PIT only guarantees the 1st yr anyway he said. I called BS on both.

Sure Bell would be happy with $68mil/4yrs...but not with only $17 mil guaranteed.

AB and every other Steeler extension deal I'm aware, the signing bonus and the 1st yr of the contract are guaranteed. AB got $19 mil in signing bonus, plus the 1st yr of his new contract...now, since he's been restructured, he's added another $18 mil in guaranteed money.

Obviously the FO is doing that to free up cap space, but they know they're also giving more guaranteed cash to those players...two birds with one stone.

So...no I don't think Bell would accept $68m/4yrs with $17mil guaranteed...your thoughts?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had a long debate with a guy at the barbershop last evening...he said Bell wants $17mil per and he's good...Guaranteed money is not a factor, PIT only guarantees the 1st yr anyway he said. I called BS on both.

Sure Bell would be happy with $68mil/4yrs...but not with only $17 mil guaranteed.

AB and every other Steeler extension deal I'm aware, the signing bonus and the 1st yr of the contract are guaranteed. AB got $19 mil in signing bonus, plus the 1st yr of his new contract...now, since he's been restructured, he's added another $18 mil in guaranteed money.

Obviously the FO is doing that to free up cap space, but they know they're also giving more guaranteed cash to those players...two birds with one stone.

So...no I don't think Bell would accept $68m/4yrs with $17mil guaranteed...your thoughts?
Hell no! And given the fact that he changes his mind every time the Steelers bring something to the table... I'm surprised he's decisive enough to dress himself in the mornings.

First it was ALL about the guarantees, now its ALL about the average? Who the hell knows what he'll want come July 15th.

Bad faith negotiating will get you nowhere with the Rooneys. Tag will stay in place and he'll be forced to play it out. Good luck to him elsewhere next season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Kellerman conveniently omits the Steelers' previous offers in this discussion... Sure Bell has a point IF you forget the Steelers have offered $12-15mil. But the fact that they did, and Bell still wants more? That has WAY more to do with why he's a villain than anything. They have already offered you almost double what the next highest RB is being paid. But Stephen A also has a point... We already understood your plight, so shut up about it.

Bell isn't a victim... He's an abject narcissist.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Kellerman conveniently omits the Steelers' previous offers in this discussion... Sure Bell has a point IF you forget the Steelers have offered $12-15mil. But the fact that they did, and Bell still wants more? They have already offered you almost double what the next highest RB is being paid.

Bell isn't a victim... He's an abject narcissist.

Has is been confirmed by a legit source that he's now asking for $17 mill? Because that number came outta nowhere for me. He needs to be paid more than the highest paid RB is being paid, but $17 mill is just ridiculous.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has is been confirmed by a legit source that he's now asking for $17 mill?
NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala said it on air during the owners meetings a few days ago. But I never watched it so I don't know who her sources are. But the only sources there that she could have talked to were Rooney, Colbert & Tomlin. So who knows?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala said it on air during the owners meetings a few days ago. But I never watched it so I don't know who her sources are. But the only sources there that she could have talked to were Rooney, Colbert & Tomlin. So who knows?

Hmmm interesting. Doesn't seem like that's something either of those 3 would tell anyone ya know? I just hope this isn't some number that was thrown out there because that would just make the situation worse than it already is. I do agree with Kellerman but I also agree with Stephen A. Bell needs to stop talking about this situation, it's not making anything any better, its just making it SO MUCH WORSE, especially with the fans.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts and opinions?

JMHO.

Bell has laid it on the line for the Steelers for his rookie deal and much like AB, clearly out performed it. Now when his time to get paid, he wanted to max out, the team offered him top money at the position.

Kellerman and Bell seem to think that Bell is the only RB to rush the ball and catch passes at a high level in the NFL...that player has been there before and was paid like the top RB in the league...the Steelers are paying Bell top money at the position.

I keep coming back to this because people quickly forget guys like Marshall Faulk (wearing a gold jacket mind you) did the same thing Bell is doing and they got paid like RBs...so..he's right that the CBA doesn't do a good young RBs justice, but what does that have to do with the Steelers and this contract negotiation?

The cap and the fans...he's right to a degree there, but in this case, the fans see their team offer the highest valued contract at the position. As a fan what more can I expect?

Finally...my issues with Bell have little to do with the money part...if it's not enough, it's not enough, it's not for me to say it should be enough, but don't feed me BS about wanting to be a Steeler for life, blah, blah, blah. The team said they wanted Bell to be a Steeler but they backed it up with the highest valued contract at the position.

It wasn't enough.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMHO.

Bell has laid it on the line for the Steelers for his rookie deal and much like AB, clearly out performed it. Now when his time to get paid, he wanted to max out, the team offered him top money at the position.

Kellerman and Bell seem to think that Bell is the only RB to rush the ball and catch passes at a high level in the NFL...that player has been there before and was paid like the top RB in the league...the Steelers are paying Bell top money at the position.

I keep coming back to this because people quickly forget guys like Marshall Faulk (wearing a gold jacket mind you) did the same thing Bell is doing and they got paid like RBs...so..he's right that the CBA doesn't do a good young RBs justice, but what does that have to do with the Steelers and this contract negotiation?

The cap and the fans...he's right to a degree there, but in this case, the fans see their team offer the highest valued contract at the position. As a fan what more can I expect?

Finally...my issues with Bell have little to do with the money part...if it's not enough, it's not enough, it's not for me to say it should be enough, but don't feed me BS about wanting to be a Steeler for life, blah, blah, blah. The team said they wanted Bell to be a Steeler but they backed it up with the highest valued contract at the position.

It wasn't enough.

There are other RBs that can rush and catch. But NONE are as good at it as Le'Veon Bell. He's been a top 3 RB in the league since his rookie year and he's also been the best pass catching back in the league as well. I understand why Bell is asking for what he's asking. He is deserving of that in my opinion. If he was just a traditional RB who could run east/west and north/south, then yeah, $11-12 mil a year sounds about right. But, in my opinion, Bell is the #1 passing target right now on the Titans, Jaguars, Jets, Colts, Chargers, Redskins, Panthers and Seahawks (just from the top of my head). He is already the #2 target on our team and I believe that pass catching ability give him that extra boost in worth. $14-$15 mil SHOULD be the right number.

Where Bell loses my defense in him is his passive aggressive jabs at the team and the city he's playing for because he's not getting a long-term contract. He is making it 10 times worse than what it needs to be. Should he be "painted as a villain" by Steelers fans? I don't think so. He's worth more than his rookie contract and he's worth more than the highest paid RB is getting paid because he's not just a RB. His social media presence is making this situation worse than it needs to be and I think the people around him and especially his agent needs to sit him down and tell him to shut the fuck up about it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are other RBs that can rush and catch. But NONE are as good at it as Le'Veon Bell.

Where Bell loses my defense in him is his passive aggressive jabs at the team and the city he's playing for because he's not getting a long-term contract. He is making it 10 times worse than what it needs to be. Should he be "painted as a villain" by Steelers fans? I don't think so. He's worth more than his rookie contract and he's worth more than the highest paid RB is getting paid because he's not just a RB. His social media presence is making this situation worse than it needs to be and I think the people around him and especially his agent needs to sit him down and tell him to shut the fuck up about it.

Right now...yes. But again, Marshall Faulk is a HOF so we know what very good looks like and we know what they were paid like. He also was more than just a RB, he was paid like a RB.

In terms of his worth...in a true free market Bell probably could've made more than $15 mil per, and if that's what's this about, maxing out...I understand, just say that and leave the rest of it alone, because saying you want to be a Steeler, and turning down the largest RB contract, is something that would turn the avg fan against you.

Yeah, you see Bell's demands as warranted, and I'm not saying they're not, but you can't be on a team like the Steelers (with a very high payroll) and expect an era breaking type contract. Tuitt, Heyward, the OL, AB, Ben, they're all rich athletes, but not one of those contracts was the highest for the position in the league, they all left a little something on the table because they WANTED to be Steelers.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now...yes. But again, Marshall Faulk is a HOF so we know what very good looks like and we know what they were paid like. He also was more than just a RB, he was paid like a RB.

In terms of his worth...in a true free market Bell probably could've made more than $15 mil per, and if that's what's this about, maxing out...I understand, just say that and leave the rest of it alone, because saying you want to be a Steeler, and turning down the largest RB contract, is something that would turn the avg fan against you.

Yeah, you see Bell's demands as warranted, and I'm not saying they're not, but you can't be on a team like the Steelers (with a very high payroll) and expect an era breaking type contract. Tuitt, Heyward, the OL, AB, Ben, they're all rich athletes, but not one of those contracts was the highest for the position in the league, they all left a little something on the table because they WANTED to be Steelers.

To Bell, it's not just about turning down the largest RB contract because in his mind and many others, he is much more than a RB and he's been very vocal about that point. He's not just a hand off running back. He was 10th in receptions last year amongst WRs, TEs AND RBs, 6th in receiving/rushing TDs and in the top 3 of yards from scrimmage in 3 of the last 4 years. He's asking for more than the largest RB contract because he IS more than a RB and he is worth more than the largest contract.

He needs to black out from social media, he needs to zip his lip because he's making it worse and if he's really asking for $17 mil, first of all I'd be very surprised by that, and 2nd of all, his agent needs to wake him up from his dream state.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Bell, it's not just about turning down the largest RB contract because in his mind and many others, he is much more than a RB and he's been very vocal about that point. He's not just a hand off running back. He was 10th in receptions last year amongst WRs, TEs AND RBs, 6th in receiving/rushing TDs and in the top 3 of yards from scrimmage in 3 of the last 4 years. He's asking for more than the largest RB contract because he IS more than a RB and he is worth more than the largest contract.

He needs to black out from social media, he needs to zip his lip because he's making it worse and if he's really asking for $17 mil, first of all I'd be very surprised by that, and 2nd of all, his agent needs to wake him up from his dream state.

I know you're just trying to make a point, but how many passes he's caught matters very little me. At the end of the day, he's a running back, I'm willing to pay him at the top of his position.

If this were something new Terry I could see Bell's position a little better, but basically he's trying to make what dual threat RBs that came before him were not able to do...again we're talking about a transcending type contract here. Hard to get that on a contending team. How often do you ever see the highest paid ___________ on a contending team? Maybe a QB.

As far as the social media stuff...much like the POTUS...he's made that his platform, let's just sat his presence on there hasn't help endear him with the fans.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're just trying to make a point, but how many passes he's caught matters very little me. At the end of the day, he's a running back, I'm willing to pay him at the top of his position.

If this were something new Terry I could see Bell's position a little better, but basically he's trying to make what dual threat RBs that came before him were not able to do...again we're talking about a transcending type contract here. Hard to get that on a contending team. How often do you ever see the highest paid ___________ on a contending team? Maybe a QB.

As far as the social media stuff...much like the POTUS...he's made that his platform, let's just sat his presence on there hasn't help endear him with the fans.

IDK man, we live in a very different time from when Faulk played. I mean, the highest paid RB right now is Devonta Freeman at $8.25 mil a year. All I'm saying is Bell is worth much more than that and I think Bell is right in wanting more than that. But not if it's $17 mil because that's ridiculous and I lose respect for him the more he posts on social media about it. I mean, where's his agent at in all this to tell him to stop making it worse than what it already is?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK man, we live in a very different time from when Faulk played. I mean, the highest paid RB right now is Devonta Freeman at $8.25 mil a year. All I'm saying is Bell is worth much more than that and I think Bell is right in wanting more than that. But not if it's $17 mil because that's ridiculous and I lose respect for him the more he posts on social media about it. I mean, where's his agent at in all this to tell him to stop making it worse than what it already is?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too quick to the enter button...lol

That's kinda my point...dual purpose RBs are not anything new...I keep using Faulk because he's so notable, but there were others.

Agreed, Freeman is a great RB, but Bell is better imo and the Steelers were trying to pay him $12mil to $13 mil per...isn't that considerably more than Freeman's $8.5 mil per?

Truly...at this point...I know we're going to hear more about this contract between now and July, but I'm tired of Bell and this contract situation.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too quick to the enter button...lol

That's kinda my point...dual purpose RBs are not anything new...I keep using Faulk because he's so notable, but there were others.

Agreed, Freeman is a great RB, but Bell is better imo and the Steelers were trying to pay him $12mil to $13 mil per...isn't that considerably more than Freeman's $8.5 mil per?

Truly...at this point...I know we're going to hear more about this contract between now and July, but I'm tired of Bell and this contract situation.

Yeah I'm ready for it to end already. Either sign Bell or sign the tag and move on. I'm trying to get more focused on the draft damnit! lol

The Steelers have kinda built themselves a tight space for next year though. They either sign him long-term after 2018, let him test the FA waters which, if we're being honest, he will NOT be a Steeler if that happens or tag him for a 3rd time and pay him 24% more than what he's getting paid this year. Which, if my math is correct, an additional $3.5 mil to put him at $19 mil next year. They could save some money and another headache next year by getting a deal done.