• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Game Talk

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raanta let in a cheapie, but man, so many quality chances in those first 7 shots.

As soon as I saw Bickell, Handzous and Brookbank on the third line you figure it was gonna be a long nite, but at least brookbank threw down with a fighter.

No, we dont need Morins offense to pick up a little of the Hossa slack.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raanta let in a cheapie, but man, so many quality chances in those first 7 shots.

As soon as I saw Bickell, Handzous and Brookbank on the third line you figure it was gonna be a long nite, but at least brookbank threw down with a fighter.

No, we dont need Morins offense to pick up a little of the Hossa slack.

Yeah, that first one was terrible, but I thought he more than made up for it with some great saves. I'm more concerned about the Hawks inability to solve Varlamov, and it goes beyond just bringing up Morin.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that first one was terrible, but I thought he more than made up for it with some great saves. I'm more concerned about the Hawks inability to solve Varlamov, and it goes beyond just bringing up Morin.

It starts with offense, and playing brookbank to fight someone and play 4 minutes of offense is just lame.Third place in the central and so many shoot out losses they can win any tiebreakers with either st louis or colorado. The d men are getting involved, not quite enough, but you are not giving yourself much of a chance to score with a line of brookbank, bickell and zeus..

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more than just a bit concerned. This has 2011 written all over it again. Can't win a game in the Central Division. Tough facing weak opponents. No zip at the start of the game. Can't ever get the lead in the first period. Power play putrid again.

Put it all together and it's looking like a short playoff run. Unfortunately, the Hawks will get the Av's first and then the Blues, two of the top four teams in the Western Conference. No more cupcake playoff opening series.

They need to find some chemistry and get their act together...and soon.

But then again, StanB didn't want to disturb the Hawks "chemistry" that's there already, so making a significant move at the trade deadline was futile. What a bunch of crap.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont know, they seem really worried that Kane is not gonna resign but just keep jumbling up his line. Leddy can skate 200 feet carrying the puck, but people say he sucks even though he gets a different partner every game. The third line is non existent and Q wont let Smith center for Kane. If they leave Kane Smith and Sharp alone and Toews, Saad and Shaw alone they might find more chemistry again. But Toews and Kane double shifting and playing 23 minutes cant go on forever.

Crow should be back in net tonite, milestone 200th start, Patrick Kane bobblehead night, Nashville were sellers at the deadline, so hopefully they can work out some kinks tonight with 6 of next 7 at home.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was just an awful performance all around against Nashville, now under .500 over the last 16 games. For a while it seemed the first three guys to jump on the ice were a new line combination. Dont think Regin or Bollig found second period ice. Bollig with a team low 5:49. Maybe that injury is a bit more than he is letting onto. Only bright nite was Bickell showed up and got over 15 minutes, somehow only 1 shot and 1 hit but he still got playing time..

Bumped from the noon start on NBC too tomorrow against the wings. Time to shake things up and hopefully its not brookbank at forward again.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Coach Q is a genius. He had Ben Smith centering the second line.

Someone must be reading this thread.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was good to see Kane with Smith and Bickell, lets just hope Saad is not hurt too bad. They say upper body and he seemed fine after the game, but we will see. He has been huge this year. But Hossa is back and did not look like he had any rust at all.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teuvo or no Teuvo...just keep playing Ben Smith with Kane and Bickell.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, now that Patrick Kane will be out about three weeks I'm guessing that Coach Q has Sheldon Brookbank penciled in to take his place. LOL!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Blackhawks Twitter:

Coach Q: Brandon Saad will not play tonight. Will see how he feels tomorrow, "fingers crossed" he'll be available for Friday.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice "statement" game by the Blackhawks against the Blues. 4-0 shutout despite Kane being knocked out of the game and Bickell missing significant playing time, but returning.

Most net-front presence I have seen by the Hawks all season. Shaw and Smith parked in front of Ryan Miller all game long. Loved it.

As to Ryan Miller, not a good performance. Rebounds galore all night long. If he continues to play like that in the playoffs, it won't be good for the Blues.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saad skating by himself prior to practice, which is not a good sign that he will play tonight.

Kane out for the rest of the regular season.

Bickell out for tonight.

Hawks down to 10 forwards on the roster. Morin will play tonight. Teuvo? Maybe.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this is the last game we see Sheldon Brookbank playing on the wing.

Please...PLEASE!

Wacky lines that seemed to work.

Versteeg-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Handzus-Shaw
Morin-Regin-Smith
Bollig-Kruger-Brookbank

Three Hawks looking to play Sunday vs Nashville...Bickell, Saad, Teravainen.

Scratch Brookbank, Regin, Morin.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of much needed regulation wins despite being banged up. I think that's 7/8 possible points these last 4 games.

If we're going to get hot, now is a good time.