• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Game Talk

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks need to step it up some. They clinched a playoff spot yesterday without even playing. They will probably be no worse than a third seed. But playing the Avs has been a real problem for the Hawks this year. I think being in Colorado with the thin air has a major part to do with that, which doesn't bode well for the team. Can the Hawks beat the Avs...sure. Will they? 50/50 at this point. Hawks get a small break as the Avs Matt Duchesne out for the season after an injury yesterday.

Do you have a link to Duchene's injury being season ending?

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a link to Duchene's injury being season ending?

Actually not. Someone else reported that earlier. Since then, he is scheduled to have an MRI tomorrow. Determination of the extent of his injury to be reported after that. Sorry.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Hawk fans, hope Toews will be okay, don't want to see anyone get hurt, especially not world class players like Jonathan Toews.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looked like a shoulder separation, although it really looked like his elbow and funny bone were rammed into the boards. The only way it isnt serious is if it was a funny bone stinger.

Teuvo was making some nice passes, Versteeg and Hossa were not expecting the skill it seemed. Seems like Teuvo needs to be run up and down this lineup and find a pairing that works. Sad part is he looked best with Ben smith.

Tell tale sign of Q's center confidence was him putting Sharp in for the faceoff when it was 3-1 with crow pulled, handzous had one shift in the second period.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago coach Joel Quenneville said Sunday night that he doesn't think an arm injury to superstar captain Jonathan Toews is serious.

"We'll know more (Monday). We'll call him day to day," Quenneville said Sunday night after Chicago's 4-1 loss to Pittsburgh. "We'll get a better assessment [Monday]. I don't think it's serious." Toews left Sunday night's game in Pittsburgh late in the second period with an apparent left arm injury after getting hit into the boards by Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik. Toews was chasing a puck along the boards in the Penguins zone when Orpik hit him hard on the left arm/shoulder. Toews immediately went to the bench holding his arm. There was no penalty on the play. Orpik appeared to leave his feet as he delivered the blow but that could have been caused by the hit itself. A suspension is possible. The Hawks were trailing the Penguins 2-1 at the time. Toews has 28 goals and 40 assists in 75 games. The Hawks are already without superstar winger Patrick Kane (lower body) for what's left of the regular season.
Source: espn.com

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a positive note last night, I thought Hossa and TT had some nice chemistry.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually not. Someone else reported that earlier. Since then, he is scheduled to have an MRI tomorrow. Determination of the extent of his injury to be reported after that. Sorry.

Matt Duchene (knee) is projected to miss three-to-four weeks with a knee injury.

It's likely that he'll miss the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, which would be a significant blow to the Colorado Avalanche. Duchene leads the team in scoring with 70 points, including 47 assists, in 71 games. He was injured in Saturday's game against San Jose when he collided with teammate Jamie McGinn.
Source: [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]450659520503484417[/MEDIA]"]Adrian Dater on Twitter [/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a positive note last night, I thought Hossa and TT had some nice chemistry.

Hossa, Teuvo and Ben Smith would make a nice combination.

What does rockford have for centers, nordstrom and McNeil?

Saad or Sharp back to center a line?

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hossa, Teuvo and Ben Smith would make a nice combination.

What does rockford have for centers, nordstrom and McNeil?

Saad or Sharp back to center a line?

Saad...definitely no. That experiment failed in the preseason.

Sharp...possibly in the playoffs. If things get desperate.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Clendening should get a call up, I don't care what people say, he's ready for the NHL game.

Won't matter. Q wouldn't play him, especially in playoff, ie important, games.

Might get a look as the number 6 defenseman next season. Brookbank is an unrestricted free agent. Roszival will have another year on his contract left (ugh). Rundblad is also signed through next season.

Clendening has one more year on his contract left. So, most likely he gets traded for a bag of pucks and becomes a serviceable 3 or 4 defenseman on some other team. I wouldn't put it past this team. In my opinion, their personnel decisions this season have been just plain awful.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Duchene (knee) is projected to miss three-to-four weeks with a knee injury.

It's likely that he'll miss the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, which would be a significant blow to the Colorado Avalanche. Duchene leads the team in scoring with 70 points, including 47 assists, in 71 games. He was injured in Saturday's game against San Jose when he collided with teammate Jamie McGinn.
Source: Adrian Dater on Twitter

Yeah. That sucks...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't matter. Q wouldn't play him, especially in playoff, ie important, games.

Might get a look as the number 6 defenseman next season. Brookbank is an unrestricted free agent. Roszival will have another year on his contract left (ugh). Rundblad is also signed through next season.

Clendening has one more year on his contract left. So, most likely he gets traded for a bag of pucks and becomes a serviceable 3 or 4 defenseman on some other team. I wouldn't put it past this team. In my opinion, their personnel decisions this season have been just plain awful.

Hawks would make a big mistake trading him IMO. At least play him to up his trade value first. I think he's got a lot of potential. Why waste it in the AHL?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the fire from Eddie O yesterday on the game.

Olczyk: Toews injury called for retaliation - Chicago Blackhawks Blog - ESPN Chicago

His pollack was getting away from him he was so mad.

Loved how he brought up Brouwer, Buff, Ladd, Eager who would have made sure Orpik knew that hit was not appreciated when the cry from the hawks win cups not playing that way.

Although I didn't think Orpik's hit was dirty, I surely expected some sort of retaliation for that hit. If someone took out Sid like that I would hope my Pens retaliate. Can't let your captain/superstar go down like that without some sense of payback.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toews out for rest of regular season:

Jonathan Toews (upper body) won't play again during the regular season.
Coach Joel Quenneville said that Toews is expected to be "100 percent" for the playoffs. The Chicago captain was injured on a hard hit from Pittsburgh's Brooks Orpik on Sunday. Cut him loose if you are in a one-year league. Toews had 28 goals and 68 points in 76 games. Apr 2 - 1:45 PM
Source: [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]451410714108772352[/MEDIA]"]Chicago Blackhawks on Twitter[/ame]

Hawks recall Nordstrom:

Joakim Nordstrom has been recalled by Chicago.
He joined the Blackhawks for practice on Wednesday. Nordstrom has 17 goals and 33 points in 58 games with Rockford of the AHL this season. He has also appeared in 10 matches with Chicago. Apr 2 - 1:16 PM
Source: [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]451386576065417216[/MEDIA]"]Mark Lazerus on Twitter [/ame]

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bickell and Roszival expected back tomorrow. Kane to resume skating in the next few days, still on target to return for the playoffs..

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toews out for rest of regular season:

Jonathan Toews (upper body) won't play again during the regular season.
Coach Joel Quenneville said that Toews is expected to be "100 percent" for the playoffs. The Chicago captain was injured on a hard hit from Pittsburgh's Brooks Orpik on Sunday. Cut him loose if you are in a one-year league. Toews had 28 goals and 68 points in 76 games. Apr 2 - 1:45 PM
Source: Chicago Blackhawks on Twitter

Hawks recall Nordstrom:

Joakim Nordstrom has been recalled by Chicago.
He joined the Blackhawks for practice on Wednesday. Nordstrom has 17 goals and 33 points in 58 games with Rockford of the AHL this season. He has also appeared in 10 matches with Chicago. Apr 2 - 1:16 PM
Source: Mark Lazerus on Twitter

Feel bad for Toews but this might not be a bad thing. A well rested Toews/Kane could prove to be very beneficial for the Hawks.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel bad for Toews but this might not be a bad thing. A well rested Toews/Kane could prove to be very beneficial for the Hawks.

That's a good point. On the other hand, it's likely to cause them to lose any shot at home ice in Round 1.