• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Game Talk

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Bickell seems to be waking up. Maybe this guy is just a late season/playoff performer?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the highlights of that Hurricanes game, what a play by Toews!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the highlights of that Hurricanes game, what a play by Toews!

watching the sharp goal too, I thought he skated past the net when it was full speed. Not that great of a game, took two breakaways, but it wasnt horrible either.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching the sharp goal too, I thought he skated past the net when it was full speed. Not that great of a game, took two breakaways, but it wasnt horrible either.

Yeah, Toews, Sharp, Kane, Hossa, & Seabrook, lots of clutch players on the Hawks.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Toews, Sharp, Kane, Hossa, & Seabrook, lots of clutch players on the Hawks.

Hey Doob, good to see ya! Lots of clutch players yes, just not sure the rest of the roster is strong enough this year. Then again, it could just be exhaustion setting in from the shortened off-season.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PROJECTED LINEUP vs. BOSTON

Versteeg Toews Hossa
Sharp Handzus Shaw
Saad Teravainen Smith
Bollig Kruger Morin

Keith Seabrook
Oduya Hjalmarsson
Leddy Rundblad

Crawford

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bickell still out for another game or two or more.

Rundblad gets the start on defense? So, Q can play him 5 minutes and then forget about him? And then rotate 5 Dmen? Ridiculous.

Sharp's stuck with Handzus (slow and worthless) and Shaw. No one to get him the puck. Would rather see TT play with Sharp and Smith, then Handzus with Saad and Shaw.

But no one bothered to ask me.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Doob, good to see ya! Lots of clutch players yes, just not sure the rest of the roster is strong enough this year. Then again, it could just be exhaustion setting in from the shortened off-season.

Sup Jeff, how ya been? Hard to defend a championship, but you guys are lookin a lot better than my Pens as of late I tell ya. This upcoming game with Boston will be a good test for the Hawks.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rundblad gets the start on defense? So, Q can play him 5 minutes and then forget about him? And then rotate 5 Dmen? Ridiculous.

Sharp's stuck with Handzus (slow and worthless) and Shaw. No one to get him the puck. Would rather see TT play with Sharp and Smith, then Handzus with Saad and Shaw.

Hopefully there will be juggling. I cant see him keeping Morin on the fourth line, they get more minutes than the third line.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sup Jeff, how ya been? Hard to defend a championship, but you guys are lookin a lot better than my Pens as of late I tell ya. This upcoming game with Boston will be a good test for the Hawks.

Everything's good here Doob, thanks. Looks like the Hawks failed their latest test. They're just not generating quality scoring chances the way they were in the 1st half of the season. Handzus in particular looks like he's 85, but for some reason he's still the 2C. Can't figure it out. Anyway, at least the Pens can blame it on injuries...

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brookbank played after all, wasting 15 minutes. Yep, Handzus is done. Not sure wtf Q is thinking there.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor effort by the Blackhawks. Great game by the Bruins. They are good...REALLY good.

Tired of seeing the Hawks control the puck for the majority of the game...and get really bad shots at the net. The quality of shots the Hawks have lately (and this is even before Kane got hurt) just doesn't seem to be of a very high level. Don't know what's happening there. Versteeg-Toews-Hossa had the puck almost all night long, but couldn't generate one decent scoring chance. I still don't like Versteeg on that line. More effective with Sharp there.

TT back to earth. Very average to below average game. Didn't win hardly any faceoffs, he was a non-factor offensively (as was his entire line, although Brandon Saad had an extremely strong game) and most of the Bruins offensive pressure came against that line.

Brookbank is awful. Resulted in Goal #2 by the Bruins. He has a simple play to ring the puck back behind the net to the other dman. Instead he tries to force a pass out of the zone, it gets picked off and BINGO, another Bruins goal. Then I saw him almost completely whiff TWICE on back to back possessions, just having the puck dribble off his stick.

I've had more than enough of Handzus. The only thing I can say is that he will hit someone. But offensively, he's just so bad.

Oh well. A loss to the best team in the East on the road isn't anything to cry about. Let's get the Sens tonight.

Ugh...Antti Raanta will be in goal. Expect at least three goals against tonight.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAme started too early for me. Smith went back to the fourth line early it seemed, just got a little excited last 4 minutes of the game Morin and Teuvo were getting some chances after the bruins put a fork in it. He was still fast, saw some great hands from the kid, more recognition of a broken lefty stick and he skated back and someone gave him one this time. I saw a few healthy checks by Teuvo on the big boston D men from the first though. 169 pounder lol.

Bottom line, our stars didnt show up, their stars did.

Firefighter recognition day, that place was pumped. Seemed the bruins were slow at the beginning, hawks got no chances I guess. As tired as you are of Handzous, I am as tired of watching versteeg on that top line. Sharp needs to get back up there, Q killed two lines with that move.

Stupid backhand by Crawford for that goal 13 seconds after, no look pass, he is gonna have to stay in the crease for a while.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah dude, not sure what's going on with the Hawks other than that their offense has been no showing as of late. I could respect losing to the Bruins, they're on fire right now, but they should've beat the Sens. If it makes you feel better I say the Hawks beat my Pens on Sunday. I don't think my Pens can hang with top notch teams (which I still believe the Hawks are).

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor effort by the Blackhawks. Great game by the Bruins. They are good...REALLY good.

Tired of seeing the Hawks control the puck for the majority of the game...and get really bad shots at the net. The quality of shots the Hawks have lately (and this is even before Kane got hurt) just doesn't seem to be of a very high level. Don't know what's happening there. Versteeg-Toews-Hossa had the puck almost all night long, but couldn't generate one decent scoring chance. I still don't like Versteeg on that line. More effective with Sharp there.

TT back to earth. Very average to below average game. Didn't win hardly any faceoffs, he was a non-factor offensively (as was his entire line, although Brandon Saad had an extremely strong game) and most of the Bruins offensive pressure came against that line.

Brookbank is awful. Resulted in Goal #2 by the Bruins. He has a simple play to ring the puck back behind the net to the other dman. Instead he tries to force a pass out of the zone, it gets picked off and BINGO, another Bruins goal. Then I saw him almost completely whiff TWICE on back to back possessions, just having the puck dribble off his stick.

I've had more than enough of Handzus. The only thing I can say is that he will hit someone. But offensively, he's just so bad.

Oh well. A loss to the best team in the East on the road isn't anything to cry about. Let's get the Sens tonight.

Ugh...Antti Raanta will be in goal. Expect at least three goals against tonight.

GAme started too early for me. Smith went back to the fourth line early it seemed, just got a little excited last 4 minutes of the game Morin and Teuvo were getting some chances after the bruins put a fork in it. He was still fast, saw some great hands from the kid, more recognition of a broken lefty stick and he skated back and someone gave him one this time. I saw a few healthy checks by Teuvo on the big boston D men from the first though. 169 pounder lol.

Bottom line, our stars didnt show up, their stars did.

Firefighter recognition day, that place was pumped. Seemed the bruins were slow at the beginning, hawks got no chances I guess. As tired as you are of Handzous, I am as tired of watching versteeg on that top line. Sharp needs to get back up there, Q killed two lines with that move.

Stupid backhand by Crawford for that goal 13 seconds after, no look pass, he is gonna have to stay in the crease for a while.

Tough loss for the Hawks tonight, I don't know what to say about that they have too much talent, pride, and experience to lose to a team like the Sens following a loss to the Bruins. I wouldn't worry about it too much, as I recall the Blackhawks struggled down the stretch when they won the Cup in 2010. I could see a team with the likes of Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook & company turning it on when needed. Not sure if my Pens are capable of doing that. At the end of the day Blackhawks are 2x champions and the regular season means very little to them.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize Patrick Kane was injured. I guess that explains a lot.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize Patrick Kane was injured. I guess that explains a lot.

yeah, Morrow got checked by another hawk right into the side of Kanes knee. The one time they decide to hit they hurt their own.

I still cant figure out why Sharp is not on the top line. He has not even been around the last two games. At least get him and Saad together maybe.

When I heard Carey was debuting, I figured Handzous was out of the lineup. No such luck. I guess when they went out to skate for warmups, they had him go out on the ice first,then nobody followed. So you cant say the team is not playing loose, they are still being themselves, these lines just seem garbled now.
Carey made some nice plays, but also took a penalty for a college move of holding the puck, which is not allowed in big boy league. Definitely was less than the Teuvo debut for sure. I know Teuvo said his legs were not all there the first game, maybe they didnt want him going back to back, but sure seemed like an opportunity against Ottawa.

Yesterdays injuries, a tweek to Raantas right knee, and Hammer got a kinda kane type hit to his knee. They say hammer at least was not planted like Kane was, so it shouldnt be as bad, but he would be a huge loss. Wonder if they would give Clendening a shot if Hammer goes down since rosie is a week away.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Morrow got checked by another hawk right into the side of Kanes knee. The one time they decide to hit they hurt their own.

I still cant figure out why Sharp is not on the top line. He has not even been around the last two games. At least get him and Saad together maybe.

When I heard Carey was debuting, I figured Handzous was out of the lineup. No such luck. I guess when they went out to skate for warmups, they had him go out on the ice first,then nobody followed. So you cant say the team is not playing loose, they are still being themselves, these lines just seem garbled now.
Carey made some nice plays, but also took a penalty for a college move of holding the puck, which is not allowed in big boy league. Definitely was less than the Teuvo debut for sure. I know Teuvo said his legs were not all there the first game, maybe they didnt want him going back to back, but sure seemed like an opportunity against Ottawa.

Yesterdays injuries, a tweek to Raantas right knee, and Hammer got a kinda kane type hit to his knee. They say hammer at least was not planted like Kane was, so it shouldnt be as bad, but he would be a huge loss. Wonder if they would give Clendening a shot if Hammer goes down since rosie is a week away.

Yeah, that's crazy Sharp isn't on the top line, he's arguably the best left winger in the NHL so far this season. Teravainen was drafted to sort of replace Patrick Kane (not anymore but back then) so it's good to have that kind of guy on the roster. I hope he gets to stay and prove himself as well. Always nice to see the young guys get a shot, and I'm excited to see what he could do.

I'm a big fan of Clendening so I would love to see him get the call up in place of Hjalmarsson. He's been a stud in the AHL this year, I think he should've been an AHL All-Star, so I think he's more than ready. I think Clendening is better than Leddy was last year so I'm very confident he could make a positive impact for the Hawks.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teuvo won't play more than 10 games. I don't care what anyone else thinks, the Hawks want that extra contract year so he has the opportunity to become a free agent in three years rather than two. He isn't/won't be a big enough implact player to want to play him during the playoffs.

We all know how Q coaches, especially in the playoffs. Clendening will be one of the Black Aces for sure, but he won't play unless something disastrous happens, especially with Brookbank and Roszival ahead of him on the depth chart. Maybe next year...maybe...unless they trade him away too.

Hawks need to step it up some. They clinched a playoff spot yesterday without even playing. They will probably be no worse than a third seed. But playing the Avs has been a real problem for the Hawks this year. I think being in Colorado with the thin air has a major part to do with that, which doesn't bode well for the team. Can the Hawks beat the Avs...sure. Will they? 50/50 at this point. Hawks get a small break as the Avs Matt Duchesne out for the season after an injury yesterday.

I just don't like the direction this team is at right now. Sloppy defensive play. Great possession time but no quality chances. Power play is pathetic. Team that used to score 4-5 per game can barely get one now. And I hope that all the Antti Raanta fans/Corey Crawford haters have had enough look at Raanta to know that he's not that good. Everyone loves the backup goalie...but in this case, Crawford better stay healthy.

Hawks are 12 points up on Minnesota with 7 games left. Pretty sure there's no chance we fall to one of the wild card spots.

Lines are so jumbled up right now. I don't know who to play with each other any more. Second and third lines are a disaster without Kane and Bickell. Time to get Sharp back on the first line.

Hawks playing lousy since the Olympic break...and a .500 team since December. Not good. Two tough games coming up...Pens on the road and then back home against Minnesota.

Good luck.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 underachieving teams looking to turn things around before the playoffs start. I know the Blackhawks have a recent history of showing up in big games, not so much for my Pens. Some injuries have bogged down both teams, but injuries are a part of the game so it's really no excuse IMO. Anyways, I don't have faith in my Pens for this game, but I do hope they'll be a better team as a result of this matchup.