• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Game Talk

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, game of the year for crawford, Q went with Zeus and experience with Kane and Saad, no points for the line. Saad and Krueger had some big defensive plays, crow with maybe his game of the year.

Kane might miss the Phoenix game for the funeral

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really surprised he was not sent to rockford for the break. He had a chance to play in LA, holding the ducks to one goal the two times he faced them, hawks end up losing with crawford in net. But thats Q, ride them hard and put them away wet.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, hopefully that means we might see our best rockford player Clendening now. When Kostka cant beat out Brookbank or Rosie during morning skates and get in more games its pretty bad.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, hopefully that means we might see our best rockford player Clendening now. When Kostka cant beat out Brookbank or Rosie during morning skates and get in more games its pretty bad.

Haha yeah, my thoughts as well. :agree:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antii Raanta is showing off his homage to eddie the eagle belfour for his stadium series mask.

sure hope Q lets him play.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NOT!

That article is from January 28.

I looked high and low (Blackhawks website, Ice Hogs website, NHL.com, CapGeek) and no mention of Pirri being recalled today.

Sorry...but it's just not true.

Q hates him, for some reason. He'll get traded, or worse yet he'll leave as a free agent and then become a 30-40 goal scorer in the NHL with another team.

If Q wants him to get tougher on D, then plant him on the fourth line and let Ben Smith play 2nd line center...or Marcus Kruger.

Of course, my pick is moving Patrick Sharp to second line center and move Brandon Saad up to the first line.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another not well known goalie plays the game of his life against the hawks.

Second line was a mess. regin, shaw try to center it, still no chance for Ben Smith. Left wings were mixed and matched along the way and still no decent chances til the last minute with an empty net.

guess they were looking ahead to saturday night.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that was a fun game. Soldiers field looked the best as any venue I have seen for a stadium series game. No mile away from left center field, just great. Penguins did not score.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hossa hurt during the Stadium Series game. Looks like a shoulder injury...the same shoulder he had a labrum problem with previously.

Q says its not serious, but Hossa will miss some time, probably a week or two. But knowing Hossa's history, he'll be out at least three weeks, maybe more.

So, looks like Saad moves up to the first line, Sharp moves over to right wing (like they did last night and played extremely well together).

Jeremy Morin...your table is set.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that was a fun game. Soldiers field looked the best as any venue I have seen for a stadium series game. No mile away from left center field, just great. Penguins did not score.

Seeing Fleury come out with the mask painted like a Steelers helmet was awesome! Too bad Crawford's "Stadium Series" mask went missing. But unless it was painted like a Bears' helmet (and it wasn't), Fleury's custom mask wins hands down.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Fleury come out with the mask painted like a Steelers helmet was awesome! Too bad Crawford's "Stadium Series" mask went missing. But unless it was painted like a Bears' helmet (and it wasn't), Fleury's custom mask wins hands down.

Did you see Antii's tribute to Eddie Belfour? that was awesome, but it was the philadelphia eagles lol.

Big questions on that missing helmet, maybe it just didnt come out as expected, I prefer the knit beanies over the painted mask anyway.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the black Blackhawks uniforms were awesome. When they were first unveiled, I thought "meh".

But watching them last night they looked fantastic. Black sweaters, the black pants, the black stockings. All very cool. Along with the "steelized" Indian Head logo all made for a very nice look.

Now I'm looking to spend $150 on a Stadium Series sweater...or more.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
incredibly smart too, we all know dark clothing retain heat and any heat at all had to help keep those players warm.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hawks back at home trying to finally win a game since January. Morin still not brought up to replace Hossa yet? Crawford in net again?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win anyway. Kane with Zeus and Regin most of the night. Shaw up to top line with Toews and Sharp. I really like Saad and Toews, on that top line, they just have chemistry, but it seems like Q keeps Saad on the third line to go against the lower of the oppositions 6 d men.

As usual, it work, they win, and we still scratch our heads trying to finger out why.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I thought most of the game it was Saad-Toews-Shaw and Sharp-Handzus-Kane. Then Versteeg-Regin-Bickell and the usual Bollig-Kruger-Smith.

First line had a huge game with four goals. Saad is just one of those players that is gonna be great. So much speed, skill and poise for someone so young. Another year or two and he will be a star in this league.

I liked the shakeup of the lines. I'd like to see Sharp or Kruger or Ben Smith center the second line though and move Handzus down to the fourth line. Not sure Handzus can keep up with Kaner.