• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Game Talk

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow did New York miss a ton of open nets tonight or what?

Cory made some great saves, but poor shooting should have ended this one in regulation.

I think the hawks were credited with one hit til the middle of the second, when it was 2-0.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaner got NHL first star of the month again for December, Raanta shared rookie of the month honors.

Kane was a given, two "teen" consecutive game streaks for points. Last time anyone won two months in a row was Crosby in 2010.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers @ CHI - 1/8
Seems weird even typing this, but that was one of the most exciting losses by the Hawks.

Was it me, or did they shoot more while they were down? As soon as they tied it up, then the shots dropped and the finesse "passing" took over. Like Eddie said, the Hawks just need to put some shots on net. Rangers take the lead, and suddenly, "shooting the puck at Lundqvist" becomes the norm.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Melrose was on sportscenter about Lundqvist gives up one soft goal per game, and Bollig got it. Guess that means he keep taking more of the 40' snapshots per games than hits (his average has been 1)

Nice to see Linda on shoot the puck though.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks @ Montreal - 1/11
Another team (Habs) come out strong against the Hawks. Seems everyone is saving their best stuff for the defending champs.

Like A.I. said in another thread, Crawford is making some incredible saves, but the team isn't playing well in front of him. Although I thought the lone Habs goal (before OT) was rather soft. And to add to my point from the Rangers game (above), it seems like when the Hawks are down is when they shoot more on goal. Really wish that tendency would change.

And as for the Versteeg disallowed goal - garbage by the refs! On the one replay, Hanzy barely touched Price in the crease if at all.

And then the poor non-clearing attempt of Kaner in the OT - just bad on his part to throw the puck back into the Hawks zone when there were 3 tired guys on the ice. I know Kane gets his share of passes because he has this knack for putting the puck in the net, but his hot-dogging and lack of defensive play really irks me.

Last edited by a moderator:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kane is making strides in his defense, I am watching him lift sticks and back checks where he is getting closer to becoming a complete player. Another kane decision to pass to the point when there should have been a defender with 6 players on the ice went back for a perfect bank shot and owngoal. Bet he would have trouble doing that again.

Yeah, the Hawks sure seem like they feel they can turn it on at any time. Bickell and Bollig finally with some hitting, one Bollig hit caused a turnover and a goal was scored. That needs to continue. Second line was back together most of the game,

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another bad turnover by Hammer when Toews gets called for a hook in OT costs another game. Still no wins for Crow since his return. Its kinda fun watching these opposing goalies stand on their heads against the hawks though, pretty incredible actually.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really nice game last nite, some sweet moves by hossa, great pass by hammer to lead to the shortie, would have liked to see some pp results though, had 4 minutes, about 40 seconds of 5-3 and didnt cash in. early game with boston tomorrow on nbc.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another fun game, bollig finally decides to start hitting again. Q almost made the mistake of playing brookbank so he would add some hits with a couple turnovers right in the sweet center of the zone.

amazing stat, Toews still had more ice time than kane even though he had a 10 minute misconduct.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad game in detroit, they claim they had a horrific travel day to get to minnesota, what did they take a bus? surprisingly only the first regulation loss in the last 18 games. sure seems like alot more losses.

Keith was sick, defense jumbled, lines juggled, nothing but another goaltender I never heard of having his best game of the year.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has started getting ugly. It wouldn't be the first time this team has lead the league at xmas only to fall apart in the 2nd half.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has started getting ugly. It wouldn't be the first time this team has lead the league at xmas only to fall apart in the 2nd half.

I didn't see the whole game, but I think Bickell was a healthy scratch wasn't he? Q trying to shake things up

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Olympic break might do us some good.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the whole game, but I think Bickell was a healthy scratch wasn't he? Q trying to shake things up

Yes, he was a healthy scratch so they wasted right wing on the third line again with Kostka. This slap on the wrist for Bickell looks like it had an opposite effect on this team, when you bench a 4 million dollar a year guy and cut his minutes after he cant produce with Handzous and Versteeg. I am seeing why Florida paid to get rid of Versteeg. Any line he is on is horrible. They need to get Pirri back up here and see if he can get that second line going too. I wish Ben Smith would get a shot at centering that line, but they just keep him on that fourth line to take righty face offs from Krueger. Q has no patience with that second line center guy, Ladd or Maddon sure filled the role, I bet they go outside the organization again.

I hear Teuvo referenced like Datsyuk quality center, I sure hope they leave him there.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pirri up for the struggling handzous, I just saw the game after Raanta was pulled, highlights I agree 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 you cant blame him, the one that bounced up and over was dumb luck. Anyway, Pirri was up with Kane on a few shifts I saw, but they put Versteeg with them not Saad and Versteeg didnt do much more than a hook penalty and turnover the puck in the zone a few times.

sure feels like a losing streak on the disney on ice trip.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is how to score some goals, boys:

2nd Period CHI VAN

6:30 Marian Hossa (23) (Power Play)
Assists: Kris Versteeg, Brandon Saad 1 2
9:39 Brandon Saad (16)
Assists: Sheldon Brookbank, Michal Handzus 2 2
10:47 Jonathan Toews (18)
Assists: Brent Seabrook, Patrick Sharp 3 2
14:11 Patrick Sharp (28)
Assists: Jonathan Toews, Duncan Keith 4 2

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I dont think they saw luongo for a while. that bouncing puck toews knocked in was pretty funny. Glad it was a win, Handzus had a great game, I guess he is one that got the message, in the lineup for Bickell. I just hope he keeps giving Pirri a chance. He is like a half stride away from making a difference.