• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Langenbrunner vs Zubrus: Who Deserves to Go?

Which player do you want to STAY?

• Total voters

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With the recent injury to Salvador, White is relatively safe, and unless Rolston is somehow dealt, it looks like Langnebrunner or Zubrus is leaving the Devils.

Which player do you want to keep?

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a really really tough one.

the way the question is worded, as who DESERVES to go, makes it even harder.. they both undoubtedly deserve to stay.

zubrus became the player we wanted him to be when we got him throughout last year.
langs has given his heart and soul to the organization for a long time now. yes he made some mistakes at the end of last year, but as a player, he has been nothing but a loyal soldier for years on end here.

this is a borderline gutwrenching decision

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm keeping zubrus, due to good work with kovy as well as his versatility to play every position, on any line, with anyone.

but its really is a toss up to me.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I look at the Langenbrunner situation and just can't justify him staying over Zubrus. People hate on Zubrus so much, but he can do a lot of things that Langs won't/can't do. I'm also convinced that, even though Zubrus can't anchor a line, could put up 50-55 points with 20 goals on one of the top two lines. He probably won't get that chance, but him, JJ, and Clarkson makes a really nice third line.

One of the biggest reasons is that I just can't see the Devils keeping him after this season. They will undoubtedly have to choose one of Langenbrunner/Arnott to keep on the Devils to sign parise, and I have a feeling that Arnott will earn a contract, at a discounted price, for next year.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think that Lang should go. His time is over in the Devils organization. Arnott would be preferable to stay next year as MCDevils mentioned at discounted price. If to choose btw Lang and Rollie, of course I would give up Rollie, but there is no such chance.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't expect this to be so one sided..

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of who would be better this year, I like Zubrus. However, trading Zubrus frees us of his cap, combine that with Langs contract being up at the end of the year and that's over 5 million of free cap space. Neither is the long term solution so it wouldn't be the worst thing ever to put that money toward the future.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of who would be better this year, I like Zubrus. However, trading Zubrus frees us of his cap, combine that with Langs contract being up at the end of the year and that's over 5 million of free cap space. Neither is the long term solution so it wouldn't be the worst thing ever to put that money toward the future.

Dead on. I couldn't agree with this any more.

The only other angle is this: If you believe this year's team is a championship contender, who gives you a better chance to win?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at it from the prospective of an opponent, I would rather see Zubrus go. At this point in his career he seems to be more difficult to play against. He can be so strong on the puck at times that the defense cannot move him. I cant believe how long he has been in the league and that he does not score more points. That being said, I think Zubrus should be your choice. Good luck with the season.

chrisfab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd also prefer to keep Zubrus. Just seems harder to play against, is certainly stronger on the puck, and can give any line some size. Saw flashes of brilliance last year, and I'd hate to see him leave, only to play like that most of the season....He's got more upside, and is younger as well...either way, its a tough choice.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
zubrus is a bust he has been his entire career....just because he had a good playoff series against the flyers (and i dont even think he was that great) doesnt make up for his lackluster play his entire time here. i think langs has bigger upside....just no room for a big soft russian on this team..esp making his coin and for the amount of years he has left! get rid of zubrus now and then next year you can get rid of langs

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree man,

lets face it. the man has spent truely limited time on scoring lines here. and especially last year, in the time he was on one, he did succeed. he wasn't a point per game player. but he was effective.

then he can successfully acclimate to the role of being a checking line player, as well as kill penalties and the power play.

langs is versatile also and i love him as a devil but i just think zubes brings more to the table.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the funny thing is haven't zubrus and langs had at least 2 fights in both a practice and training camp over the last 3 years? none this year i know.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this isnt the first time in his career that zubrus has been mentioned as not making a team or being offered up...what does that tell you about him? im sorry but i dont want a 3+ million dollar 3rd line checker! i thought thats why we got rid of madden and pando? langs even on the 3rd line should be able to produce some offensive chances! same cant be said for danus

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We got rid of Madden and pando because you can't have more than 1 3M checker. :)

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we got rid of jay because he's not longer super

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i like to think we got rid of them because they were over paid! same with zubrus if he is going to be on the 3rd line and lets face it thats where he belongs

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough choice but since cup went with Langs I'll take Zubrus. That and the fact that Zubrus can play center.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
your right because ive been wrong o so many times before eh?