• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: King-less Mariners invade Globe Life 6/3-6-5

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was curious if anyone else noticed if Prince was in the dugout or not. Any celebrations or views in the dugout as players were talking to each other never showed him to be in there.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right and he is still a couple of years away. Any sooner and he is in a logjam as well just like Profar is. In fact he may be regardless.
JTA may have the best idea for Profar. UIF relieving Odor Elvis Adrian and DH ever week or so in order to keep him in the infield scheme of things. Something like that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was curious if anyone else noticed if Prince was in the dugout or not. Any celebrations or views in the dugout as players were talking to each other never showed him to be in there.
Did not notice

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else get the feeling that we are about to hear about some sort of back or neck ailment about Fielder and that he is going to be put on the 15 day DL? I don't get how he can just be this bad, he HAS to have some sort of nagging injury.

Also, what is the latest about AJ? When is he supposed to be back? Who's spot does he take, or do we ship him out for BP help? He was on fire early.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland is going nowhere this year. He still plays a good 1B and can sit 7th or 8th in the order.

Joey Gallo or Adrian Beltre will be our first basemen next year.

Having depth with Profar is a good problem. Someone always has some DL stint and Profar will fill it.

The only toxic contract that can be moved for a benefit right now is Elvis. But that won't happen this year.
I disagree completely. If they can ship Moreland they would. We have players capable of playing defense who would bring more to the plate. I would like to see Moreland get untracked but I wonder about a guy and his makeup if he truly is crumbling because of the weight of a contract year.

Also, I do not ever see Beltre playing 1st base. Gallo yes and it could even happen this year. But I just think Beltre would balk at a decision to have him play 1st. I could be wrong but that is just my gut feeling.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belts won't go to first. Gallo might. However, if we can't move Prince (which we can't) then perhaps we move MItch and make Prince play the field. That way we free up the DH spot.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else get the feeling that we are about to hear about some sort of back or neck ailment about Fielder and that he is going to be put on the 15 day DL? I don't get how he can just be this bad, he HAS to have some sort of nagging injury.

Also, what is the latest about AJ? When is he supposed to be back? Who's spot does he take, or do we ship him out for BP help? He was on fire early.
AJ might begin a rehab assignment this week.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, it is our custom if someone is stinking up the place to put them on the DL even if there is no problem so it would not surprise me.

The AJ question is a good one. I am not sure how he would do out of the pen but right now we do not have a place for him in the starting rotation. Perez drives me crazy because he throws so many pitches each inning but we have a logjam as SP which is nice for a change.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JTA may have the best idea for Profar. UIF relieving Odor Elvis Adrian and DH ever week or so in order to keep him in the infield scheme of things. Something like that.
I have mentioned that myself so I agree. And on top of that if we are stuck with Moreland and Fielder then they just take turns. No way are they both in the lineup at the same time. We do not need two rally killers.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With no IF spot to play, its hit bat in the leadoff spot we need the most, make him the primary DH and rotate Beltre, Andrus & Odor through there once a week or every couple weeks

I see the role for Profar will be from now until the ASG break. There are few days off and Profar will rotate in various infield positions including 1B and 3B to give the veterans a day or two off over this period. Temps rising now and keeping people fresh. Profar will get his at bats in and play infield. After the ASB, I believe he goes back to RR and Alberto comes back up.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem I've seen with Rua's difference is that he's RHed, other than that he's been quite competent and would get better with more reps

Also agreed that Gallo and Rua may eventually share the spot later on

I love Rua. However, he is not a future piece to this team. If he continues to do well (which I hope he does) he will be off to another team and will gain some very good prospects no doubt. There will be a team in need for the talents of Rua. It may be us this year and we keep him. After this season, don't think so.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Rua. However, he is not a future piece to this team. If he continues to do well (which I hope he does) he will be off to another team and will gain some very good prospects no doubt. There will be a team in need for the talents of Rua. It may be us this year and we keep him. After this season, don't think so.

I think you may casting Rua aside too quickly.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the role for Profar will be from now until the ASG break. There are few days off and Profar will rotate in various infield positions including 1B and 3B to give the veterans a day or two off over this period. Temps rising now and keeping people fresh. Profar will get his at bats in and play infield. After the ASB, I believe he goes back to RR and Alberto comes back up.

That defeats the whole purpose. Hanser is a mess and needs to stay where he is. Profar is too valuable right now and JD must find a way to keep him in the line up imo. You are so right about the heat and Profar is the right answer to that.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prince will be back in the line up this week. If things don't turn he will be on the DL for 'something.' If the neck, then it is bad news. If not related to his surgery then we will get the strained calf, hammy, groin usual 'let's ride the DL" type injury.

I may be seeing things but I believe I saw Mitch grimace when beating out the DP yesterday.

Take a look at how he is swinging the bat too. Too much foot movement IMO based on his previous stance. It would not be surprising if he is hiding his usual ankle problems.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may casting Rua aside too quickly.

I may be and don't want to see him go anywhere anytime soon. If he becomes our 4th OFer down the road I would be very happy.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine why Mitch or Prince would hide an injury knowing they can't perform and hurting the club. That is pure insane. You do what is best always for the team.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine why Mitch or Prince would hide an injury knowing they can't perform and hurting the club. That is pure insane. You do what is best always for the team.

If Prince's neck is an issue again he's probably afraid it might be career ending.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Prince's neck is an issue again he's probably afraid it might be career ending.
It will come out in the wash. He might as well own up if he is indeed hurt.