• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: King-less Mariners invade Globe Life 6/3-6-5

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be and don't want to see him go anywhere anytime soon. If he becomes our 4th OFer down the road I would be very happy.
To much talent is like a pair of tight shoes. Something has to give. Rua like Profar are blocked but something will loosen up because it will have to if they are to be a part of the team and I believe they are.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Rua. However, he is not a future piece to this team. If he continues to do well (which I hope he does) he will be off to another team and will gain some very good prospects no doubt. There will be a team in need for the talents of Rua. It may be us this year and we keep him. After this season, don't think so.

Remember coming into the season wondering who our 4th OF will be? And now we have an excess of riches and that is with Josh being done for the year.

That's the way baseball go! And thankfully it's going in the right way right now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince will be back in the line up this week. If things don't turn he will be on the DL for 'something.' If the neck, then it is bad news. If not related to his surgery then we will get the strained calf, hammy, groin usual 'let's ride the DL" type injury.

I may be seeing things but I believe I saw Mitch grimace when beating out the DP yesterday.

Take a look at how he is swinging the bat too. Too much foot movement IMO based on his previous stance. It would not be surprising if he is hiding his usual ankle problems.

I agree. I think he has something going on, some sort of lower body injury, or maybe a rib issue. he isn't swinging as freely as he usually does. He's also not moving on defense like he used to. He used to chase down anything to the right side, but now he sometimes makes an effort but I've seen him staying on the dirt while the 2B and RF flag down popflies. I think he is nursing something.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine why Mitch or Prince would hide an injury knowing they can't perform and hurting the club. That is pure insane. You do what is best always for the team.

Mitch is trying to break the stigma of being injured. it is a contract year and we all have seen that he can't make it through a complete season. That is why I think he is playing through something instead of taking his customary 15 day DL break about this time of year.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you would re-sign him to a multi-year deal? i wouldn't i would rather see Guzman than Moreland next year

No, Moreland should be traded at mid-season. The Rangers aren't going to re-sign him, nor should they. But letting him walk as a FA is a waste. I'd rather get a spare minor leaguer back than zilch.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who do you put out there at 1st? Prince who needs to be on the DL? Profar who has never play there? who?

I answered that earlier. Rua at 1B. Because when Choo comes back, Mazara presumably goes to LF and Rua gets benched. I'd rather see Rua at 1B and keep his bat in the lineup.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I answered that earlier. Rua at 1B. Because when Choo comes back, Mazara presumably goes to LF and Rua gets benched. I'd rather see Rua at 1B and keep his bat in the lineup.

If we can find room I'd seriously consider having Gallo and Rua man 1b when we hopefully trade Mitch sometime this season.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To much talent is like a pair of tight shoes. Something has to give. Rua like Profar are blocked but something will loosen up because it will have to if they are to be a part of the team and I believe they are.

Are you saying "this team needs an enema?" :)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua/ Gallo. Do you know if Prince needs to be on the DL or you guessing? Big difference

you are right i'm guessing like everyone else. i think he has a physical problem tat he is not sharing with the team.

Gallo has played 1st exactly 9 times stretched over 3 or 4 seasons. you would need to move him to 1st base at Frisco and give him time to adjust to the position which to me would be at least a half season. Rua would be a great stopgap or short term player to replace Moreland evey once in a while but then you tie up your #4 of'er. either way you lose Moreland's level of defense at 1st.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spot next year will probably between Rua & Gallo... Guzman is at least another year away at this point

why not use a guy who is a natural 1st base man? very few thought Mazara was ML ready so why not put Guzman out there have him hit 9th in the order. no pressure just play yourself into it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are right i'm guessing like everyone else. i think he has a physical problem tat he is not sharing with the team.

Gallo has played 1st exactly 9 times stretched over 3 or 4 seasons. you would need to move him to 1st base at Frisco and give him time to adjust to the position which to me would be at least a half season. Rua would be a great stopgap or short term player to replace Moreland evey once in a while but then you tie up your #4 of'er. either way you lose Moreland's level of defense at 1st.

Gallo has been playing 1b at RR for a couple weeks now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not use a guy who is a natural 1st base man? very few thought Mazara was ML ready so why not put Guzman out there have him hit 9th in the order. no pressure just play yourself into it.

Because Guzman hasn't progressed nearly like Mazara. Nowhere near the same type of player. Guzman looks like a light might've finally come on but he needs more time.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My entire life I have loved the DH...Prince Fielder is making me re-think it's usefulness.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think he has something going on, some sort of lower body injury, or maybe a rib issue. he isn't swinging as freely as he usually does. He's also not moving on defense like he used to. He used to chase down anything to the right side, but now he sometimes makes an effort but I've seen him staying on the dirt while the 2B and RF flag down popflies. I think he is nursing something.

Although he says he feels just fine:

Rangers Prince Fielder out of starting lineup

I apologize in advance if someone already posted this.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have two natural 1st basemen that can't hit. Don't need a 3rd

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3