• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: King-less Mariners invade Globe Life 6/3-6-5

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is not a full-time option at 1st. i would consider Guzman to be more of a fulltime option

Whoever is there, it's not going to be Mitch Moreland. And I'd be shocked if JD just lets him walk without getting anything back to show for it. Won't be much, but it'll be something.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever is there, it's not going to be Mitch Moreland. And I'd be shocked if JD just lets him walk without getting anything back to show for it. Won't be much, but it'll be something.

he is a free agent at the end of the season. logic says the Rangers just let him walk

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me I do not want back out in the lineup for any player we have right now other than Moreland.

Ya know, maybe you're on to something.....What better way to get Fielder back into "baseball mindset" than let him play a few games at 1st?

Just throwing a little spaghetti is all.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think it would be an issue, no more than asking Desmond to be the everyday CF was. Granted you don't want to move Juri there on a permanent basis, I believe he still has too much value at another position. That and guys like Fielder and Napoli can play 1B, so it wouldn't be difficult for Profar to slide in there

To me it's like, "it's not like Profar can't do it." Not the point......Point is, I don't want him to do it.

Maybe I'm just being a nervous Nellie about Profar and his health......Mentally though, he can damn-near handle anything IMO.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M
your definition of logic is a lot different than mine, then.

You have to weight out bringing up Gallo and using Rua as back up and not having a premium defense 1B in a pennant run. Also what you can get. We would have to piece a prospect with Mitch to get something MLB ready unless there is an expiring contract we could assume they will cost. Mitch is at least a 1B insurance policy

Mitch is having a bad approach but he has ability. Maybe at some point he can turn it around. Still would like to see him sit a couple of days

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he can sit and draw 72 mil. What would you do if you were FO

At some point probably not this year we could DFA him like Crawford but yes prospects are a form of cash they I hate to give up loosely

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is not a full-time option at 1st. i would consider Guzman to be more of a fulltime option

Guzman is too raw. Gallo is getting time at 1b as well. Those two can handle it.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scotsman logic is not completely flawed. Mitch defense is viable. He may be a bench piece if they bring Gallo up but there is value. It really all depends what you can get. I would not give him away ............but package with Prince. Ha....

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless JD finds a four leaf clover, there likely will not be a happy ending with Prince

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scotsman logic is not completely flawed. Mitch defense is viable. He may be a bench piece if they bring Gallo up but there is value. It really all depends what you can get. I would not give him away ............but package with Prince. Ha....

I agree Mitch has some value. Seems to me that moving him at mid-season allows the Rangers to get Rua (or Profar, if you're so inclined) into the lineup daily instead of them wasting away on the bench and gives them something to show for him instead of just letting him walk. This is assuming that Choo comes back healthy and Mazara shifts over to LF, supplanting Rua there.

I don't have any hope that Moreland is going to be anything but a hole of suck at the plate the rest of the way.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this stat on Lonestarball...

Profar has 7 multi-hit games so far this season. Two more than Prince.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Mitch has some value. Seems to me that moving him at mid-season allows the Rangers to get Rua (or Profar, if you're so inclined) into the lineup daily instead of them wasting away on the bench and gives them something to show for him instead of just letting him walk. This is assuming that Choo comes back healthy and Mazara shifts over to LF, supplanting Rua there.

I don't have any hope that Moreland is going to be anything but a hole of suck at the plate the rest of the way.

I am very much inclined to play Profar daily and yes Mitch may only be a defensive replacement or late inning PH. To go south so hard now has to be some pressure he has on him as this is a contract year. I have no problem moving Mitch for value but we will have to realize we will lose defensive value. In my mind Gallo is up playing 1B at the latest September and when they bring him up it is to start and take over 1B