• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keenan Allen to the Bears

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears thought Allen was worth more than his contract so they were willing to trade a pick. The Chargers thought he was worth less than the Bears did so they were willing to cash in on a fan favourite who has spent all of his 11 NFL seasons with the team for 'a jar of dirt'. It says everything you need to know about the Chargers. Business is business, but this isn't business. This is crapping on a fan base - because you can. If Allen said he wanted off the team then it would be a totally different scenario, but I haven't heard that.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears thought Allen was worth more than his contract so they were willing to trade a pick. The Chargers thought he was worth less than the Bears did so they were willing to cash in on a fan favourite who has spent all of his 11 NFL seasons with the team for 'a jar of dirt'. It says everything you need to know about the Chargers. Business is business, but this isn't business. This is crapping on a fan base - because you can. If Allen said he wanted off the team then it would be a totally different scenario, but I haven't heard that.
They had to move either him or Williams for cap relief. Still have to try and get something for Bosa and deal with Mack's cap hit. They were in a terrible cap situation with those 4 players. Having said that, this was as you say to a degree as he was a loyal player and fan favorite. But I do understand the move as it pertains to the business side as well.

RussianBear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was asked to restructure his contract and he refused, so there's that...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers should fold. Worthless franchise in a worthless place.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

New regime doesn't care about what happened before. "Get these guys outta here and get me MY guys!"

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams was a no-brainer. I figured he would he cut.

Bosa kind of a no-brainer too, I figure he would restructure or he would be traded. I’m sure they were shopping him on the market.

Mack I thought they would release or trade him at his age. 17 sacks but 6 came in one game. I guess the market wasn’t there with that enormous cap hit so restrucute makes sense. You can’t release him if you think he still has a good year or two.

Kinda surprised Allen was traded, I thought they would keep Bosa and Allen. But if he was asked to take a paycut I get it. He thinks he is still a great player

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams was a no-brainer. I figured he would he cut.

Bosa kind of a no-brainer too, I figure he would restructure or he would be traded. I’m sure they were shopping him on the market.

Mack I thought they would release or trade him at his age. 17 sacks but 6 came in one game. I guess the market wasn’t there with that enormous cap hit so restrucute makes sense. You can’t release him if you think he still has a good year or two.

Kinda surprised Allen was traded, I thought they would keep Bosa and Allen. But if he was asked to take a paycut I get it. He thinks he is still a great player

He's a Bear baby. That means he's GREATER.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers defense was a dumpster fire so Harbaugh comes in...and guts the offense. Love it.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what are the Chargers are planning to do at WR? Former 1st rd pick Q.Johnston and a newly drafted rookie from this WR-rich draft?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what are the Chargers are planning to do at WR? Former 1st rd pick Q.Johnston and a newly drafted rookie from this WR-rich draft?
Malik Nabers

Going to be a stud in fantasy. I just might have to trade up from #3 pick to #2 in dynasty

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Allen is the first cap casualty. Mack or Bosa are likely to go next.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Allen is the first cap casualty. Mack or Bosa are likely to go next.
Mike WIlliams was the first cap casualty for the LAC. Allen was the next. Both Mack and Bosa redid their contracts. Doesn't look like they're going anywhere.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike WIlliams was the first cap casualty for the LAC. Allen was the next. Both Mack and Bosa redid their contracts. Doesn't look like they're going anywhere.

Ah didn't know that (the restructure). Thanks.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was asked to restructure his contract and he refused, so there's that...
If he was being paid more than he was worth the Bears wouldn't have given up a pick to acquire that contract.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to move either him or Williams for cap relief. Still have to try and get something for Bosa and deal with Mack's cap hit. They were in a terrible cap situation with those 4 players. Having said that, this was as you say to a degree as he was a loyal player and fan favorite. But I do understand the move as it pertains to the business side as well.
They could have added 4 bogus years to his contract, reduced his salary to vet minimum with the rest as a signing bonus, and moved 80% of the signing bonus cap hit into 2025.