• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KD requests trade from BKN

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but your treating Kyrie like a normal human when you say that. It's what a normal person would do

That's not him

A normal person wouldn't have burned 20M and his entire Nike deal because he didn't want to get 2 shots

So yes a regular player would care about his future extension and likely be on good behavior. But Kyrie isn't a regular player

He doesn't care. At all

I'm not sure any player that just lost $20M is looking to that much and more again. The vaccination restrictions have eased considerably and really the biggest obstacle is Canada. For the Lakers, that would really only come into play to be a big issue if they faced the Raptors in the finals (oddsmakers, make your bets lol).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Mavericks and Sixers have been discussed as theoretical destinations for Irving, league sources contacted by B/R have strongly discounted Dallas and Philadelphia's interest in the All-Star guard.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure any player that just lost $20M is looking to that much and more again. The vaccination restrictions have eased considerably and really the biggest obstacle is Canada. For the Lakers, that would really only come into play to be a big issue if they faced the Raptors in the finals (oddsmakers, make your bets lol).
It's not about the vaxx. The guy just looks for reasons not to play. It'll be something else next year.

He's a great player. He's just not worth what it'll cost to get him unless BKN decided they'd rather give him away than deal with him

If we can get Kyrieb and Harris/ Curry and it only costs us Russ then fine. If it requires Russ and multiple picks then I'm out

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe? Team was pretty good last year when Russ, LBJ and AD were all healthy

I don't think it's a stretch to think they could be even better this year if all 3 play the whole season with more defined roles

Listen i know Kyrie is better than Russ but we already mortgaged 2/3 of our future on AD. I just need to be damn sure about using for another guy and mortgsging the other 1/3 and imo you just can't be sure on Kyrie.

Do i want to try and go for another ring? Absolutely. Do i want to go 25-57 for 6 years afterwards all to go for a ring that i need the most untrustworthy guy in the nba to all of the sudden become a model citizen to just have a chance to get it?

What are the odds Kyrie comes through? Then what are the odds ER are good enough to win the West even if he does? Give me a best case scenario

40% he comes through? Then another 40 we win the West?

That's 16% . Do you mortgage the rest of the future for a 1 in 6 shit to make the Finals?

Kyrie and Westbrook are both expiring contracts. The Lakers are either trading Westbrook, buying him out or letting him walk after the season. Kyrie can be treated the same way but be a better fit during the season. The only real difference is if they are happy with Kyrie, they may choose to re-sign him.

As for mortgaging the future, the future is already mortgaged. Giving up a 1st round pick 5 years from now and a young player like THT whose ceiling is solid bench guy or Kendrick Nunn who hasn't played 1 minute for them isn't going to really hurt much, especially if a couple of the young guys they just signed pan out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're talking to someone who went through the Sixers and Trust the Process, so...you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes
Siakam, KD and FVV and decent depth, not even top depth...is that favs? Not to me then you have to worry about one injury to KD, who isn't 29 year old KD as far as being healthy. I wouldn't do it...like I said, almost any team out there should look to trade for him but TOR should not include Barnes. According to reports, they aren't including him though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about the vaxx. The guy just looks for reasons not to play. It'll be something else next year.

He's a great player. He's just not worth what it'll cost to get him unless BKN decided they'd rather give him away than deal with him

If we can get Kyrieb and Harris/ Curry and it only costs us Russ then fine. If it requires Russ and multiple picks then I'm out

The Nets don't intend to be rebuilding. A third team (at least) is likely necessary to dump Westbrook to. Simply buying him out doesn't lessen their tax burden from taking him on, so that's an unlikely option too.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets don't intend to be rebuilding. A third team (at least) is likely necessary to dump Westbrook to. Simply buying him out doesn't lessen their tax burden from taking him on, so that's an unlikely option too.
To rebuild they would have had to have built something to begin with: so, no, they are not re-building.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To rebuild they would have had to have built something to begin with: so, no, they are not re-building.

They built a big 3 with some decent role players around them, the big 3 just all flaked out. One is already gone, replaced by another previously unhappy camper. Another is on his way out this year or next, and Durant threw his hands up and said me too.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They built a big 3 with some decent role players around them, the big 3 just all flaked out. One is already gone, replaced by another previously unhappy camper. Another is on his way out this year or next, and Durant threw his hands up and said me too.
So, not a big 3. Congratulations Brooklyn, you built the Timberwolves (but with more drama).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe? Team was pretty good last year when Russ, LBJ and AD were all healthy

I don't think it's a stretch to think they could be even better this year if all 3 play the whole season with more defined roles

Listen i know Kyrie is better than Russ but we already mortgaged 2/3 of our future on AD. I just need to be damn sure about using for another guy and mortgsging the other 1/3 and imo you just can't be sure on Kyrie.

Do i want to try and go for another ring? Absolutely. Do i want to go 25-57 for 6 years afterwards all to go for a ring that i need the most untrustworthy guy in the nba to all of the sudden become a model citizen to just have a chance to get it?

What are the odds Kyrie comes through? Then what are the odds ER are good enough to win the West even if he does? Give me a best case scenario

40% he comes through? Then another 40 we win the West?

That's 16% . Do you mortgage the rest of the future for a 1 in 6 shit to make the Finals?

There is a 0% chance of the Lakers contending with Russ. It is not good.

Maybe 25% with Kyrie to contend. Less to win.

And yes. 100%. You have already mortgaged the future. Right now you are just kicking the can down the road to give your investment a chance to pay off again.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a 0% chance of the Lakers contending with Russ. It is not good.

Maybe 25% with Kyrie.
Yeah EVEN WITH Kyrie they aren't favs, contenders for sure but the pieces around them are not ideal and none of those guys can seem to stay healthy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, not a big 3. Congratulations Brooklyn, you built the Timberwolves (but with more drama).

Sure, let's ignore that the Nets were everyone's favorite for the #1 seed preseason of last year. Revisionist history is fun!

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, let's ignore that the Nets were everyone's favorite for the #1 seed preseason of last year. Revisionist history is fun!
Being a preseason favorite means next to nothing if you finish a 7 seed and a first round sweep. Paper Champions are a dime a dozen.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a preseason favorite means next to nothing if you finish a 7 seed and a first round sweep. Paper Champions are a dime a dozen.

Of course, but they did put together an intimidating roster, it just didn't survive.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, but they did put together an intimidating roster, it just didn't survive.
Sure, but to me it wasn't clearly better than Milwaukee, Philly, or the Lakers and none survived. And I didn't think it was close to what was the modern super team of LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. People are just too ready to call 3 good players getting together a super team and trying to hand them the crown. Even that Miami team took a year to figure it all out (though Dallas go lucky).

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I remember he said he was too upset to play after January 6th and the Breonna Taylor case but then is caught on video as a family birthday party. He just wanted a few days off. He ended up getting fined for breaking Covid protocol and had to miss more games quarantining. I appreciate some of his charity work but basketball is not his priority. He left Cleveland because Lebron was on his ass and his stint in Boston was a disaster.

I'm not sure anyone wants the guy. He had a one year player option for this year and if another team really wanted him he could have opted out and signed with anyone. This leads me to believe 1 year 30 mil contract was the best he could do.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I remember he said he was too upset to play after January 6th and the Breonna Taylor case but then is caught on video as a family birthday party. He just wanted a few days off. He ended up getting fined for breaking Covid protocol and had to miss more games quarantining. I appreciate some of his charity work but basketball is not his priority. He left Cleveland because Lebron was on his ass and his stint in Boston was a disaster.

I'm not sure anyone wants the guy. He had a one year player option for this year and if another team really wanted him he could have opted out and signed with anyone. This leads me to believe 1 year 30 mil contract was the best he could do.
Lakers want him, and he wants the Lakers. Lakers have no cap space to sign him outright until next season (potentially).

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers want him, and he wants the Lakers. Lakers have no cap space to sign him outright until next season (potentially).
I heard that on the sports radio here and that maybe trading for Westbrook would even out the cap for both teams but I don't see why the Nets would want Westbrook at this stage of his career. Do the Lakers have other assets they could throw in?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that on the sports radio here and that maybe trading for Westbrook would even out the cap for both teams but I don't see why the Nets would want Westbrook at this stage of his career. Do the Lakers have other assets they could throw in?

Unless the Nets just say ''fuck it, we're in a re-build'', the Lakers will likely have to loop in a 3rd team to take Westbrook. Right now, the Nets are looking to get a return for KD that will keep them a playoff team.

They Nets want Kyrie gone and they know they aren't goinfg to get any truly useful players for him, but they als\o aren't going to want Westbrook who would likely only help their playoff run by staying home.

The Nets will likely want to move Joe Harris to the Lakers as well. At least that is what they have said they want if they did take Westbrook.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Nets just say ''fuck it, we're in a re-build'', the Lakers will likely have to loop in a 3rd team to take Westbrook. Right now, the Nets are looking to get a return for KD that will keep them a playoff team.

They Nets want Kyrie gone and they know they aren't goinfg to get any truly useful players for him, but they als\o aren't going to want Westbrook who would likely only help their playoff run by staying home.

The Nets will likely want to move Joe Harris to the Lakers as well. At least that is what they have said they want if they did take Westbrook.
Do they though? Or are they willing to put up with Kyrie for another year to keep KD in the fold?