• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KD requests trade from BKN

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever gets KD will have to pay at least four or five first round picks might even have to swap a couple more.
Brooklyn doesn't want Westbrook. His $4M salary is a burden and unless he has a solid surrounding cast, he makes little difference.
Lakers can't offer much for 2023 because they don't have a first round pick, so that would probably cost them a extra one. As far as Kyrie is concerned, LeBron may like the idea of getting back for one more go around, but LeBron has started to fade. His body is telling him that he can't play 42 minutes every game and might be saying that 32 minutes is too much. No way that the Lakers can put themselves in a position to pay LJ, AD, RW and KI, plus 13 more guys. As competitive as Buss might be, he's not going to toss his team into a garbage disposal for one more title.

In my opinion, the team most likely to pay the freight for KD is the Heat. The only way the Lakers bring in Kyrie is if they can find a team willing to take Russ. I'd be willing to bet that no one is willing to match up with what they'd have to give up to get him.

KD is worth mortgaging the farm, but how many years does he have left? He'll be what? 36 next year?
RW makes 4 mill?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly the raptors have put Barnes on the table.

Good luck everyone else

I love building around Barnes and Simmons
Toronto is going to regret that. One more serious injury at 34 would be tough and they aren’t even favs in the East

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto is going to regret that. One more serious injury at 34 would be tough and they aren’t even favs in the East

You an't trade for ken Griffey jr and not give up Mike Cameron.

5 years from now Tor might regret it. But KD is a far better player right now.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you are built to win now, KD is not a bad piece to add.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever gets KD will have to pay at least four or five first round picks might even have to swap a couple more.
Brooklyn doesn't want Westbrook. His $4M salary is a burden and unless he has a solid surrounding cast, he makes little difference.
Lakers can't offer much for 2023 because they don't have a first round pick, so that would probably cost them a extra one. As far as Kyrie is concerned, LeBron may like the idea of getting back for one more go around, but LeBron has started to fade. His body is telling him that he can't play 42 minutes every game and might be saying that 32 minutes is too much. No way that the Lakers can put themselves in a position to pay LJ, AD, RW and KI, plus 13 more guys. As competitive as Buss might be, he's not going to toss his team into a garbage disposal for one more title.

In my opinion, the team most likely to pay the freight for KD is the Heat. The only way the Lakers bring in Kyrie is if they can find a team willing to take Russ. I'd be willing to bet that no one is willing to match up with what they'd have to give up to get him.

KD is worth mortgaging the farm, but how many years does he have left? He'll be what? 36 next year?

34 in December.

BTW, Jeanie Buss is not a he, lol.

These estimations of 4-5 picks for Durant is a tough sell when the guy is unlikely to play beyond this current 4 year contract. The winning bid could be paying for that right for 4 years beyond Durant's retirement, since the picks have to be alternating years (if not from a third team).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you make a move like this you better be right at the top, Toronto is not. I would still take MIL, MIA and BOS over them at this point and that isn't even all the contenders out of the West

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.

Shoot your shot. Don't underestimate Masai.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you make a move like this you better be right at the top, Toronto is not. I would still take MIL, MIA and BOS over them at this point and that isn't even all the contenders out of the West
I think being top 4 is still being "at the top"

they have a solid core of players

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think being top 4 is still being "at the top"

they have a solid core of players
It gives them more a shot, can't disagree with that but you are giving up a potential 19 year old star...you better be right at the top. Plus, you never know when KD will try to force his way out. One little thing goes wrong and he could get upset, he is very sensitive. Cleveland could do the same thing, offer Mobley in a trade. I think it makes them a contender but I don't think they are ready. I will say Toronto is in a better position but still a very big risk, if KD was 4 years younger they do this in a heartbeat, no questions about it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have no faith Kyrie won't find another reason not to play. Seems to be his MO now.

Oh, I agree. But it's really the only play the Lakers have to get a star level player that actually fits with Lebron and AD.

The hope, as another poster mentioned in a different thread, is that Kyrie will be a little humbled at having to go back to Lebron and no other teams having interest in him and will look to rehabilitate his image. The fact that he was looking at having to consider opting out of $36 million to sign with the Lakers for $6 million instead of teams lining up to do a sign and trade for him should be a wakeup call for him.

We'll see. lol

I still think Russ can be fine with us as long as he's our 3. Asking him to do more now just isn't reasonable

The problem with Westbrook is that he still thinks he's ''that guy'' and he isn't. He's never done anything to adjust his game and now that Father Time is starting to catch up, he can't just overwhelm teams with his speed and athleticism anymore. But it's all he has because he's never added any ''old man'' to his game like guys like MJ, Kobe and Lebron did.

If he ends up staying with the Lakers, I'm hoping that he accepts coming off the bench. Part of the problem is that to be effective at all, he has to have the ball in his hands, but that takes the ball out of Lebrons hands. By doing that, he can play his game with the bench guys and not be taking the ball out of Lebrons hands. If it works, they could actually play Lebron fewer minutes per game and their bench could provide a change of pace from how the starters play.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree. But it's really the only play the Lakers have to get a star level player that actually fits with Lebron and AD.

The hope, as another poster mentioned in a different thread, is that Kyrie will be a little humbled at having to go back to Lebron and no other teams having interest in him and will look to rehabilitate his image. The fact that he was looking at having to consider opting out of $36 million to sign with the Lakers for $6 million instead of teams lining up to do a sign and trade for him should be a wakeup call for him.

We'll see. lol

The problem with Westbrook is that he still thinks he's ''that guy'' and he isn't. He's never done anything to adjust his game and now that Father Time is starting to catch up, he can't just overwhelm teams with his speed and athleticism anymore. But it's all he has because he's never added any ''old man'' to his game like guys like MJ, Kobe and Lebron did.

If he ends up staying with the Lakers, I'm hoping that he accepts coming off the bench. Part of the problem is that to be effective at all, he has to have the ball in his hands, but that takes the ball out of Lebrons hands. By doing that, he can play his game with the bench guys and not be taking the ball out of Lebrons hands. If it works, they could actually play Lebron fewer minutes per game and their bench could provide a change of pace from how the starters play.
I mean basically we need either Kyrie to humble himself or Russ to humble himself

So you jabe to ask yourself them which is more likely and then think about what it'll cost you extra to hope it's Kyrie

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean basically we need either Kyrie to humble himself or Russ to humble himself

So you jabe to ask yourself them which is more likely and then think about what it'll cost you extra to hope it's Kyrie

Russ is more likely to humble himself.

But Russ can’t play well enough to help the team and his skill set doesn’t fit.

Kyrie can.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. We know Kyrie wants Bron though lol

I suppose given the Russ or Kyrie option Bron may pick the latter

Not sure i would if i were LA though

If Kyrie wants an extension beyond this coming season, he needs to be on good behavior for at least this season. If the Lakers are the only team interested now, who else will ante up next summer when he's a free agent? One more burnt team and he would be lucky to get that TPMLE that he was supposedly considering last month.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34 in December.

BTW, Jeanie Buss is not a he, lol.

These estimations of 4-5 picks for Durant is a tough sell when the guy is unlikely to play beyond this current 4 year contract. The winning bid could be paying for that right for 4 years beyond Durant's retirement, since the picks have to be alternating years (if not from a third team).
My bad on Jeanie. Hasty typing.

Estimations are real. Durant is one of the best and not many 7' players can handle the ball, pass and shoot anywhere near what he can do. Most owners have egos bigger than Everest. Having Durant would make whatever team that he goes to, an immediate contender. Put him on a contender and they become favorites. Not many teams would blink having him on their roster for only four years.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put this on the offseason thread, might as well put it here too:

Howard Beck from SI.com was on talk radio here today, had some good points:
- Nets have no use for Westbrook so if the Lakers get Kyrie it will have to be a 3+ team trade. Nets are not doing a teardown.

- While it may bum out Warriors fans to lose Payton, they really need to start getting the young 3 into the rotation in their 2nd years (Wiseman is technically 3rd year but hasn't played so...), it would have been a mistake to keep Porter and Payton not just financially. It shouldn't be a problem if the young guys can play. I agree.

- So much of the stuff being talked about with KD is nonsense, there are so many people covering the NBA, so many websites and TV hours and newspapers to fill, and very few big stories in the offseason, so every little thing will get discussed. But much of the discussion is pretty unlikely including GS getting him. Says it's not happening and I tend to agree.

- This was the most interesting part. KD is a total basketball junkie. Dude isn't even married or a dad yet because he just lives and breathes the sport. He's the opposite of guys like Ben Simmons that way, all he wants to do is hoop. He's got 4 years left on his deal and the Nets don't really have to deal him...he won't sit out for weeks let alone a whole year. And they can sell him on the fact that they still have a good team and can add pieces with whatever they get for Kyrie. They have Simmons, an all NBA level defender and playmaker, they have shooters (Curry and Harris), they added TJ Warren and Royce O'Neal, they could easily sell him on staying. His business is based in NYC too.

- Extending the idea, Beck compared KD to Kobe Bryant, another basketball junkie who lived for the sport. Kobe also demanded a trade, very publicly like on a radio station, but then the Lakers worked with him, cooler heads prevailed, they got Gasol and the rest was history. He thinks the chances KD stays are actually quite high.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is more likely to humble himself.

But Russ can’t play well enough to help the team and his skill set doesn’t fit.

Kyrie can.
Maybe? Team was pretty good last year when Russ, LBJ and AD were all healthy

I don't think it's a stretch to think they could be even better this year if all 3 play the whole season with more defined roles

Listen i know Kyrie is better than Russ but we already mortgaged 2/3 of our future on AD. I just need to be damn sure about using for another guy and mortgsging the other 1/3 and imo you just can't be sure on Kyrie.

Do i want to try and go for another ring? Absolutely. Do i want to go 25-57 for 6 years afterwards all to go for a ring that i need the most untrustworthy guy in the nba to all of the sudden become a model citizen to just have a chance to get it?

What are the odds Kyrie comes through? Then what are the odds ER are good enough to win the West even if he does? Give me a best case scenario

40% he comes through? Then another 40 we win the West?

That's 16% . Do you mortgage the rest of the future for a 1 in 6 shit to make the Finals?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyrie wants an extension beyond this coming season, he needs to be on good behavior for at least this season. If the Lakers are the only team interested now, who else will ante up next summer when he's a free agent? One more burnt team and he would be lucky to get that TPMLE that he was supposedly considering last month.
True but your treating Kyrie like a normal human when you say that. It's what a normal person would do

That's not him

A normal person wouldn't have burned 20M and his entire Nike deal because he didn't want to get 2 shots

So yes a regular player would care about his future extension and likely be on good behavior. But Kyrie isn't a regular player

He doesn't care. At all

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad on Jeanie. Hasty typing.

Estimations are real. Durant is one of the best and not many 7' players can handle the ball, pass and shoot anywhere near what he can do. Most owners have egos bigger than Everest. Having Durant would make whatever team that he goes to, an immediate contender. Put him on a contender and they become favorites. Not many teams would blink having him on their roster for only four years.

If he were willing to go to New Orleans, they could offer Ingram/Graham/HJones and 23/24(Lakers)/25 picks and still have Zion, CJ, Valanciunas, and their recent 1st round guard to pair with KD. Not many other teams can offer 3 consecutive years of picks like that and an intriguing emerging young star while retaining enough talent for KD to compete with.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It gives them more a shot, can't disagree with that but you are giving up a potential 19 year old star...you better be right at the top. Plus, you never know when KD will try to force his way out. One little thing goes wrong and he could get upset, he is very sensitive. Cleveland could do the same thing, offer Mobley in a trade. I think it makes them a contender but I don't think they are ready. I will say Toronto is in a better position but still a very big risk, if KD was 4 years younger they do this in a heartbeat, no questions about it.
you're talking to someone who went through the Sixers and Trust the Process, so...you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes