• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KD requests trade from BKN

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preferred destination is Phoenix.

No one wants to play with Kyrie. Dude is a cancer

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt. Bron’ want kyrie?
Not sure. We know Kyrie wants Bron though lol

I suppose given the Russ or Kyrie option Bron may pick the latter

Not sure i would if i were LA though

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. We know Kyrie wants Bron though lol

I suppose given the Russ or Kyrie option Bron may pick the latter

Not sure i would if i were LA though

Easy...we've all seen what the team looks like with Westbrook and it's not pretty.

Lebron and Kyrie went to 3 straight finals together, won a title and Kyries most sane years were with Lebron.

Apparently, Lebron has been lobbying pretty hard to get Kyrie to LA as well.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy...we've all seen what the team looks like with Westbrook and it's not pretty.

Lebron and Kyrie went to 3 straight finals together, won a title and Kyries most sane years were with Lebron.

If 2016 Kyrie shows up in all for it. But this recent iteration of him is useless. Playing 30 games per year just didn't do it for me

Russ, even with his limitations, at least shows up

A roster with AD and Kyrie on it scared the shit out of me honestly. Especially if it costs us more first roundersv when we basically have none to spare

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 2016 Kyrie shows up in all for it. But this recent iteration of him is useless. Playing 30 games per year just didn't do it for me

The reason he missed so many games last year is that he refused to be vaccinated and he happened to play in a city where in order to enter many public places including Barclay Center you had to be. Granted, he chose not to get vaccinated, but that was the reason he missed so many games.

Had he been a Laker last year, his vaccination status wouldn't have mattered because LA had exceptions for Staples Center and the like.

Obviously, he may find other reasons not to play...after all...he didn't play in the bubble season as a protest and actually had enough players leaning his way that there was concern the season wouldn't be finished. That's when Lebron basically shut everyone down and said they were playing. One player was even quoted saying ''Lebron say we playin', so we playin' ''. lol

But at least his vaxx status won't matter now. To be fair, it wouldn't matter in Brooklyn either because the mandate has been lifted.

The Lakers were better when he was out of the game, so that wasn't really a good thing. lol

To be completely fair to Westbrook, it wasn't entirely his fault. He was never going to be a good fit, but when he, Lebron and AD were all healthy early in the season, they actually had a winning record. But then they lost AD for 42 games and Lebron only ended up playing 56 games. Lakers fans would have been okay with Westbrook coming back (and he still may) but he became a cancer in the locker room. You can have a bad season...but you can't have a bad season AND be an asshole.

A roster with AD and Kyrie on it scared the shit out of me honestly. Especially if it costs us more first roundersv when we basically have none to spare

If they are healthy and in Kyrie's case, relatively sane...a threesome of Lebron, Kyrie and AD would be damn tough to beat, especially if the Lakers can put together a decent bench.

Unfortunately for Lakers fans, health/sanity is a coin toss at best.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly the raptors have put Barnes on the table.

Good luck everyone else

I love building around Barnes and Simmons

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason he missed so many games last year is that he refused to be vaccinated and he happened to play in a city where in order to enter many public places including Barclay Center you had to be. Granted, he chose not to get vaccinated, but that was the reason he missed so many games.

Had he been a Laker last year, his vaccination status wouldn't have mattered because LA had exceptions for Staples Center and the like.

Obviously, he may find other reasons not to play...after all...he didn't play in the bubble season as a protest and actually had enough players leaning his way that there was concern the season wouldn't be finished. That's when Lebron basically shut everyone down and said they were playing. One player was even quoted saying ''Lebron say we playin', so we playin' ''. lol

But at least his vaxx status won't matter now. To be fair, it wouldn't matter in Brooklyn either because the mandate has been lifted.

The Lakers were better when he was out of the game, so that wasn't really a good thing. lol

To be completely fair to Westbrook, it wasn't entirely his fault. He was never going to be a good fit, but when he, Lebron and AD were all healthy early in the season, they actually had a winning record. But then they lost AD for 42 games and Lebron only ended up playing 56 games. Lakers fans would have been okay with Westbrook coming back (and he still may) but he became a cancer in the locker room. You can have a bad season...but you can't have a bad season AND be an asshole.

If they are healthy and in Kyrie's case, relatively sane...a threesome of Lebron, Kyrie and AD would be damn tough to beat, especially if the Lakers can put together a decent bench.

Unfortunately for Lakers fans, health/sanity is a coin toss at best.
I just have no faith Kyrie won't find another reason not to play. Seems to be his MO now.

I still think Russ can be fine with us as long as he's our 3. Asking him to do more now just isn't reasonable

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LBJ, AD and that douche are a perfect Big 3.

Assuming more of them than LeBron care enough to play.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is risky as hell. High probability it won’t work.

But it just might give the Lakers a shot at the title if all 3 are healthy for the playoffs.

30 games of Kyrie is better than 82 of Russ.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is risky as hell. High probability it won’t work.

But it just might give the Lakers a shot at the title if all 3 are healthy for the playoffs.

30 games of Kyrie is better than 82 of Russ.

If Russ would just be the guy he was for like 3 weeks in Houston he'd still have a very strong place in the league. But for whatever reason he doesn't see it that way.

So yea...kyrie is the much better fit and was always the better fit than Russ even in RW prime.

Will say it a few more dozen times though and say the Lakers would be better served going the Nets route.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever gets KD will have to pay at least four or five first round picks might even have to swap a couple more.
Brooklyn doesn't want Westbrook. His $4M salary is a burden and unless he has a solid surrounding cast, he makes little difference.
Lakers can't offer much for 2023 because they don't have a first round pick, so that would probably cost them a extra one. As far as Kyrie is concerned, LeBron may like the idea of getting back for one more go around, but LeBron has started to fade. His body is telling him that he can't play 42 minutes every game and might be saying that 32 minutes is too much. No way that the Lakers can put themselves in a position to pay LJ, AD, RW and KI, plus 13 more guys. As competitive as Buss might be, he's not going to toss his team into a garbage disposal for one more title.

In my opinion, the team most likely to pay the freight for KD is the Heat. The only way the Lakers bring in Kyrie is if they can find a team willing to take Russ. I'd be willing to bet that no one is willing to match up with what they'd have to give up to get him.

KD is worth mortgaging the farm, but how many years does he have left? He'll be what? 36 next year?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever gets KD will have to pay at least four or five first round picks might even have to swap a couple more.
Brooklyn doesn't want Westbrook. His $4M salary is a burden and unless he has a solid surrounding cast, he makes little difference.
Lakers can't offer much for 2023 because they don't have a first round pick, so that would probably cost them a extra one. As far as Kyrie is concerned, LeBron may like the idea of getting back for one more go around, but LeBron has started to fade. His body is telling him that he can't play 42 minutes every game and might be saying that 32 minutes is too much. No way that the Lakers can put themselves in a position to pay LJ, AD, RW and KI, plus 13 more guys. As competitive as Buss might be, he's not going to toss his team into a garbage disposal for one more title.

In my opinion, the team most likely to pay the freight for KD is the Heat. The only way the Lakers bring in Kyrie is if they can find a team willing to take Russ. I'd be willing to bet that no one is willing to match up with what they'd have to give up to get him.

KD is worth mortgaging the farm, but how many years does he have left? He'll be what? 36 next year?

There is a salary cap.

So if they trade for Kyrie, Russ is moving along with picks.

Simply not possible any other way.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly the raptors have put Barnes on the table.

Good luck everyone else

I love building around Barnes and Simmons
hahahahahaha

build around Simmons

hilarious