• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jennings?

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously....WTF is this guys deal? Do all ex Packers just turn into dbags when they get up there? Yea Greg, the Vikes run a far better organization as evident with all their trophys and accolades they receive. Thats why they call Minneapolis "Championshiptown". Man he is burning every single bridge he had here.

I don't know guys like Wells, Crabtree, and Colledge didn't act like a-holes after they left. Jennings always acted classy and let his game do the talking before. Maybe the time off from injuries made him decide to let his mouth do some talking or maybe it was the commercials.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to talk like that when you go to a rival with gas in the tank.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to Greg i would like to quote Jerry Seinfeld..."good luck with all that"

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually really surprised people get their feathers ruffled by stuff like this.

Of course he's going to say things to make his current situation seem better. Of course he's going to say wonderful things about Ponder.

Who cares?

I remember Greg Jennings for all the great things he did on the football field for the Packers. I don't give a damn what he said then or now.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying things to prop up new teammates is one thing, I can live with that. But its clear the guy has been going out of his way to take cracks at Rodgers and the organization. He obviously is butthurt about something. Plenty of guys go to different teams all the time, most of them don't take pot shots while walking out the door. Its becoming clear to me at least, his whole humble nice guy act was just that...an act. Just my two cents

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying things to prop up new teammates is one thing, I can live with that. But its clear the guy has been going out of his way to take cracks at Rodgers and the organization. He obviously is butthurt about something. Plenty of guys go to different teams all the time, most of them don't take pot shots while walking out the door. Its becoming clear to me at least, his whole humble nice guy act was just that...an act. Just my two cents

That may be accurate.

Then again, how many times have you ripped the media for taking comments out of context, or blowing comments waaaaaaaay out of proportion?

That's why I put very little stock into comments like Jennings'. That, and I don't care. :suds:

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI - cyorgan (organguy and many other screen names) was run off the ESPN boards because literally no one took him seriously. I could list his laughable positions on football and other sports, but the ESPN folks know all about him already, and it looks like he's been here a while, so SH people are probably familiar with his lunacy as well.

Fan0074 is another poster who was already regular before I ever went to the ESPN forums. Everyone knows that we are not the same person, but cyorgan/organguy lives to defame me. He had to edit his post because I'm sure his reply contained many personal attacks (as is his usual style) and then he realized that he can't do that on these forums. I'd ask that the moderator, if he/she is reading this, keeps a close eye on whatever name he is using, because even with the edit he is outright lying about who I am.

noonthirtyjoe is a longtime rival and we go back-and-forth because that's what rivals do; cyorgan/organguy/assorted other characters is just an embarrassment.

:laugh3: You project like Rush Limbaugh. But seriously keep trolling there, EVERYONE knows you can't back up your opinion without insulting someone and if someone has a different opinion, you go apeshit on them. Seriously mods; ban this guy now before he becomes a problem.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading more about Jennings it sounds like he is butthurt that he didn't get more credit than he did for the success of the team and he's pissed at Rodgers for getting all the credit. Crying like a whiney ex girlfriend that Rodgers is the face of the team. Man this season can't start soon enough

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait until our games with the queens now...I hope we dont take our foot off of the throttle in those games. I also hope get gets booed in his Lambeau return

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get booed there's no doubt about that. I would love for Hawk to come through with his words and lay Jennings out the first time he goes over the middle.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading more about Jennings it sounds like he is butthurt that he didn't get more credit than he did for the success of the team and he's pissed at Rodgers for getting all the credit. Crying like a whiney ex girlfriend that Rodgers is the face of the team. Man this season can't start soon enough

and to piggyback on that, this just proves that he was more motivated by money than immediate success, even if he wasn't the focal point of the offense. Jennings has never given me the impression that he's a diva, but since he's left, his behavior suggests otherwise.

I'll be awaiting the Hawk bashers if Hawk lays him out...:whistle:

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
85 is gonna look great in purple. He doesn't deserve to wear Green.

Here's the thing - he's pretty much never gonna be in the Packer's hall of fame. He didn't stay long enough to really have a lasting impact on GB. He'll never have the status of, let's say, Driver, for instance. So now he's starting all over, essentially from the beginning with the Vikes. It seems doubtful to me that he'll ever be viewed as one of the Vikes all-time best.

So what's left for him to do but cry?

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Majkowski is a Packer HOF'er....I am pretty sure Jennings can top anything he did

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a huge asset. Maybe no SupervBowl without him. But he always wanted to believe he was Jerry Rice. He's one of the few guys I've seen pout on the sidelines when his team wins without him. I'll let it go in 10 years. For now he's in my dog house and I hope his career takes a shit.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Majkowski is a Packer HOF'er....I am pretty sure Jennings can top anything he did

Right, he was the best receiver on the team within a year of getting here, helped a couple HoF quarterbacks break records and won a ring. He had the most explosive plays in the NFL during his prime Packer years and was a Pro Bowler - I think it's more likely than not he'll be in the Packers HoF. Very underrated player league-wide (and apparently by Packer fans), just can't stay healthy anymore.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No apologies for aggressive play..."

THANK GOD.

GREEN BAY—The coaching staff may not have liked all the “extracurricular activity” after some of the snaps in Sunday’s practice, but one group that didn’t mind it – and was often in the middle of it – was the defensive line.

“The guys are really bringing a different attitude out there, and it’s welcome,” second-year lineman Mike Daniels said. “We need it. Just keep on getting more mean, more violent out there, and we should see some good things.”

It will take more than attitude, of course, to fix a run defense that allowed 4.5 yards per carry last season (26th in the league), but it’s a start.

It was on running plays that the intensity of Sunday’s first full-pads practice was most evident. There’s a right way and a wrong way to bring intensity to training camp, and at times the line was crossed on Sunday, mostly by younger players. It’s a good bet the issue will be discussed in meetings prior to the next practice on Tuesday.

After the workout, however, the defensive linemen were not apologizing for their involvement. The names Adrian Peterson and Colin Kaepernick weren’t mentioned in the locker room to reporters, but perhaps they were in the back of some players’ minds.

“It’s football,” said first-round draft pick Datone Jones, who wasn’t even part of the late-season defensive breakdowns against the Vikings and 49ers, but who has certainly heard plenty about them. “If you’re a true competitor, you’re going to get in a scuffle, because you don’t want anyone getting the best of you.” Jones was the key addition to the defensive line in the offseason, a near-prototype 3-4 end at 6-4, 285. Through the first three days of camp, he has worked mostly with the second unit in base (B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett and C.J. Wilson are the first group), but he’s paired with Raji as an inside rusher with the No. 1 nickel, a spot he says he’s “comfortable” with, having played it throughout his college career at UCLA.

Jones put an impressive bull rush against T.J. Lang in drills on Sunday that appeared to catch the veteran guard a bit by surprise. Jones said it was his way of mixing up his moves, even on the first day in pads.

“Just showing my coach what I could do, that I can be very aggressive,” he said. “I’m not just a finesse guy.”

Jones sounds like a player determined to prove himself. Fellow lineman Johnny Jolly is trying to do the same, in a different context, of course.

Jolly is trying to resurrect his career after a three-year absence due to off-field problems that included drug abuse, a league suspension and prison time. He hasn’t had any standout moments through the first three days, but the coaching staff has him on a rep count as he works his way back.

“I wouldn’t say it’s easy,” Jolly said. “There’s a little rust on me. Everything will take a little time, but I’ll get there.”

Jolly said he spent the month prior to training camp working out in his native Houston with NFL big men Shaun Rogers and Casey Hampton. His conditioning is better than it was in the spring during OTAs, and it will remain an ongoing challenge after so much time away.

When he last played, in 2009, the Packers led the league and set a franchise record for run defense (83.3 yards per game), and Jolly led all NFL defensive linemen with 11 deflected passes. That was Dom Capers’ first season as Green Bay’s defensive coordinator, so Jolly is coming back to a familiar scheme.

“That’s where he always thrived, as an inside player and his ability to get off blocks, his instincts,” Head Coach Mike McCarthy said. “(But) we have to be realistic about where he is.”

Jolly is taking nothing for granted. His roster spot is as tenuous as they come, but he has teammates in the locker room pulling for him.

“I’m glad he’s back,” said receiver James Jones, Jolly’s teammate for three prior seasons. “He brings some of that nastiness to the defense over there, brings some swagger over there to the defensive line. It’s good to see him back. I’m definitely rooting for him. That’s my guy over there. Hope he does well, stays healthy and makes some plays.”

That goes for the entire defensive line. They’re just saying it with a little more attitude.

“We’re not there yet,” Datone Jones said. “We have to get better every day. We’ve got something to prove every day.”