• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jennings?

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone think about G. Jenning's comments about Rodgers. Just recently ESPN asked him again about his Favre vs Rodgers preference he commented..."You get respect when you give respect"....

packerbackernva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings..

I personally thought he was just shooting his mouth off. Rodgers helped him get a ring but his memory might be fading. Let him spend a season with Ponder and I`ll wager he`ll be longing for a qb with real skills.
You also can`t totally blame Packer management for parting with a guy who is developing a reputation for being injury prone. The Packers payed him a lot of money to stand on the side lines and spectate.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
What does everyone think about G. Jenning's comments about Rodgers. Just recently ESPN asked him again about his Favre vs Rodgers preference he commented..."You get respect when you give respect"....

I never read the comments Jennings stated, or heard the question being asked. But is his statement wrong?
Maybe Rogers didn't respect him, and Favre did. No doubt Rogers is a good QB, that doesn't mean he's a nice guy, maybe he and Jennings didn't get along.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched the First Take video where he made the comments. IMO it all stems from Rodgers comments when he said "Who" regarding Jennings... either Jennings was miffed by the comment or he is joking around with it.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how he said it was just his time to move on (answering why he left)...uh no, you went for the most money.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever. Let's not forget who bitches about Rodgers and who doesn't. Finley and Jennings... They went public crying about Cobb. Jennings clearly bitched to his family and apparently couldn't make I t clear to his sister that it was private. Jennings will never be forgotten in GB. I hope Rodgers genuinely appreciates that.

But hey, friends fight. If these guys permanently ruin the bond they had, they need a slap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are...who cares. At this point if he wants to throw GB folks under the bus more power to him. He went to the enemy so I hope he doesnt catch a single ball this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ John Randle Is that your name or a MN reference? Randle was a bad ass.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are...who cares. At this point if he wants to throw GB folks under the bus more power to him. He went to the enemy so I hope he doesnt catch a single ball this year.

He went to the money. Now burt went to the enemy because he wanted to play against his old club. Jennings just wanted that last big pay day. He was not looking to stick it to GB.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on this are, "Who cares?"

Honestly, stuff like this is such a non-factor that I'm a little amazed that people even bring it up. Of course Jennings is going to be more loyal to his current QB as opposed to his former QB. I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can find a similar quote circa 2008 regarding Favre and Rodgers.

Again, this means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings plays defense... I heard us Packer fans are smart??? :doh:

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about Jennings sister talking chizzy. lol. what a dumb broad.

Honestly I think MN brass, and GB brass were sitting in da woods. Smoking doobies. Ziggy got too drunk, and broke down crying. "WHY do you guys get all the good QBs and WRs?!?!? ITS NOT FAIR!!!" Ted told him he would trade him Jennings to settle him down. Before the shrieking attracted da scavengers. Thinking of course that he wouldn't remember it... But in the morning Ziggys lawyers had the deal already drawn up! So Ted, being a man of great morals, and honor. He had to follow through...

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why his statements get under my skin, because the Favre thing hardly phased me. I hope the Packers clown stomp them this year.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the phrase clown stomp. I really do. Clown stomp!!!

LOl anyway. They're all going to move on one way or another. Nothing changes what they did. And honestly, I don't put much into the personal stuff. I'd hate to really know any of them. They're the best of the best in their sport, and too many people worship them or crucify them. Jennings gave me great memories as a fan, and I miss watching him play.

Even Favre. Personally, I wish I didn't know so much about him because I think he's kind of a douche(brutal honesty). But I grew up watching him live or die by his gunslinger mentality and I loved every...wait...almost evrry second of it. So I will always be a fan of 4. And hell. He showed us GB fans what being a tough SOB can get you. A ring and a gold jacket. NEVER SAY DIE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went to the money. Now burt went to the enemy because he wanted to play against his old club. Jennings just wanted that last big pay day. He was not looking to stick it to GB.

I dont hate him for going for money...he just went to the enemy.

I have said this many times, the Packers-Bears rivalry has respect the Packers-Queens no respect there.

If he would have went to Chicago I would have wished him well in all but two games but in Minny I hope he doesnt catch a ball.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Dead argument, dead conversation, dead thread.

:rip:

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ John Randle Is that your name or a MN reference? Randle was a bad ass.

I see you are no more clever on the new board. If the player reference didn't clue you in, how about the huge Vikings logo? :doh:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you are no more clever on the new board. If the player reference didn't clue you in, how about the huge Vikings logo? :doh:
Changing internet addresses would not equal more or less IQ points. That's not how it works. :laugh3:

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you like the Bears? I see a big baby picture...