• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Mack

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the chiefs are begging for a top ten pick again next draft though

The Chefs have been pretty quiet during the proceedings, I went over to the board and they were puzzled by the Dee Ford pick, but depth behind Hali should help the D as the season wears on, as Chef fans know far too well after scoring 44 points and still lose to the Colts.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya all got Skov too as a udfa. Best Raiders draft in a long time.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be no contract haggling between the Oakland Raiders and first-round draft pick Khalil Mack. The No. 5 overall draft pick has signed his deal, the team announced Thursday. :clap:

Mack And that is a good thing for all involved. He is the highest-drafted rookie to sign thus far and, according to a league source, it is the standard four-year rookie deal.

The rookie salary structures are essentially slotted, leaving little room for holdouts, such as the one that helped derail the career of JaMarcus Russell.

For example: last year’s No. 5 pick, Ezekiel Ansah, signed a reported four-year, $18.595 million deal with an $11.9 million signing bonus with the Detroit Lions.

That’s some serious coin. Still, for Mack to put pen to paper the day before the first day of rookie minicamp? That speaks volumes to how serious he is about getting to work, as he said repeatedly last week, first on a conference call with reporters immediately after being drafted and then again the next day at the Raiders facility.

“I know the Oakland Raiders are nasty, man, they like to play nasty,” he said on Thursday. “I’m a football player that likes to, yeah, I’m a football player that likes to get in there and be a little nasty, but in a good way.”

Mack getting the business end of a contract done before his first-ever professional practice is nothing but a good way to handle things. :clap: