• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"It's a warrior's name"

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you are saying that the best way to move forward it to continue to complain about the past. Got it. IM done dude. You are starting to remind me of one of my older uncles who still thinks "Tha Man" is lurking around every corner personally trying to mess up things in his life. Again I dont deny the history of the word, But to say that the meaning of a word is set in stone is narrow minded. To say that if some one doesnt agree with your point of view you should force them to comply is archaic and screams of totalitarianism.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See dude, thats the thing you refuse to accept. NO one is saying you dont have a right to be upset. No one is saying you have to like accept or even embrace the name.

Flip side is you totally support the concept that because YOU feel its a racial slur everyone should accept it as such and hence the name should be changed. And since you couldnt guilt the owner into changing it, well lets resort to legal bullying to make him change it. And you dont see the hypocrisy in this?? I want everyone to be accepting and understanding... but if you dont agree with MY point of view, I will just force you to accept it and do what I want any way.

With every step involving evolutionary changes in America, people have taken your point of view and loss. Americas progressive changes comes not because of some benevolent alteration in spirit, but because of sweat, sacrifice and bloodletting. It is forced upon those fighting to maintain the status quo, who fight not because it is the right thing to do, but because they find comfort in not facing their fears.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With every step involving evolutionary changes in America, people have taken your point of view and loss. Americas progressive changes comes not because of some benevolent alteration in spirit, but because of sweat, sacrifice and bloodletting. It is forced upon those fighting to maintain the status quo, who fight not because it is the right thing to do, but because they find comfort in not facing their fears.

So who determines whats RIGHT? Thats whats funny about this, you determine whats right because its what YOU want. Its a change that you feel needs to be made in order to make up for some slight that you feel. And damn it if they wont change because you want them to, you will agree with FORCING your beliefs on everyone else.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, if Warren Buffet bought the team and moved them to Omaha, which is named after the Omaha tribe. They could be called Omaha Omaha. But I think Peyton Manning has thought rights.

:lol:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the history of the word has been explored by the people who know its origin the best , the smithsonian .

and again sty , just because you feel it is "offensive " doesnt mean everyone else has to bow down to your wishes

the majority , THE VAST MAJORITY < dont feel that way

put the name to a vote . your side would lose so you resort to bullying , and al sharpton race baiting tactics

perhaps GPM didnt name the team to honor the team . he did it to distuinguish his team from the baseball team , but the people he tasked to come up with the name did , the american indian coach who did nor did the american indians under his employ complain

there are 320 mil people in the US and not one felt the name was offensive enough to file a complaint with the trademarks office

to me you are a redskins "observer " and not a fan . you cut shark open he bleeds burgundy an gold . cut you open and you bleed whatever local team is the flavor of the day

i understand your plight sty , when we were winning superbowls

you had to sit on your hand and clutch your hoyas pennant because you couldnt cheer for the home team like everyone else

couldnt buy a pennant a hat , a jersey . . hail to the redskins was banned in your house couldnt get a bobby mitchell autograph because the team he played for were nazi's

you are like the kid who was left out when the ice cream man came into the neighborhood so you want to ban ice cream sales

you wont compromise to skins because you want everyones joyful memories erased because you were denied them in your younger days

how about we use "reds " will that appease you ?

i dont care if you are offended by the redskins name you have no right to be the thought police for me life hurts sometimes sty and its about time you embraced it

if you dont like the team name then do what you have to do but stop telling us you are a fan because you simply cannot be . you an interested observer who plugs his ears when an announcer says redskins . you close you eyes when a hat goes by . you plug your ears when hail to the redskins is played

or at least that is the BS you want to sell us

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate all these POS who are coming out of the woodworks in protest of the name. Most have been using the name for over 40years without a bit of contempt...now all of a sudden, they are outraged.

Here's a better idea:

Ref- you are fired because you cannot be neutral.

Sportscaster- you are fired because you cannot do your job properly.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate all these POS who are coming out of the woodworks in protest of the name. Most have been using the name for over 40years without a bit of contempt...now all of a sudden, they are outraged.

Here's a better idea:

Ref- you are fired because you cannot be neutral.

Sportscaster- you are fired because you cannot do your job properly.

reporter... you are fired because you cant simply report the news. You use our paper to try and MAKE the News and fashion it into your own beliefs.

I like that train of thought GK

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the history of the word has been explored by the people who know its origin the best , the smithsonian .

and again sty , just because you feel it is "offensive " doesnt mean everyone else has to bow down to your wishes

the majority , THE VAST MAJORITY < dont feel that way

put the name to a vote . your side would lose so you resort to bullying , and al sharpton race baiting tactics

perhaps GPM didnt name the team to honor the team . he did it to distuinguish his team from the baseball team , but the people he tasked to come up with the name did , the american indian coach who did nor did the american indians under his employ complain

there are 320 mil people in the US and not one felt the name was offensive enough to file a complaint with the trademarks office

to me you are a redskins "observer " and not a fan . you cut shark open he bleeds burgundy an gold . cut you open and you bleed whatever local team is the flavor of the day

i understand your plight sty , when we were winning superbowls

you had to sit on your hand and clutch your hoyas pennant because you couldnt cheer for the home team like everyone else

couldnt buy a pennant a hat , a jersey . . hail to the redskins was banned in your house couldnt get a bobby mitchell autograph because the team he played for were nazi's

you are like the kid who was left out when the ice cream man came into the neighborhood so you want to ban ice cream sales

you wont compromise to skins because you want everyones joyful memories erased because you were denied them in your younger days

how about we use "reds " will that appease you ?

i dont care if you are offended by the redskins name you have no right to be the thought police for me life hurts sometimes sty and its about time you embraced it

if you dont like the team name then do what you have to do but stop telling us you are a fan because you simply cannot be . you an interested observer who plugs his ears when an announcer says redskins . you close you eyes when a hat goes by . you plug your ears when hail to the redskins is played

or at least that is the BS you want to sell us

Oh the Irony!!!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who determines whats RIGHT? Thats whats funny about this, you determine whats right because its what YOU want. Its a change that you feel needs to be made in order to make up for some slight that you feel. And damn it if they wont change because you want them to, you will agree with FORCING your beliefs on everyone else.

It appears that You want to determine who's right, and interestingly enough for everyone , including those who don't agree with you. Maybe it's you who wants to uphold some fantasy about honor and tradition the appeases your sense of self, and warmed by the notion that there are others just like you. I don't expect them to change JUST because I want them to, that too is but another fantasy that you have created to make argument. Is it really forcing my beliefs on everyone or an unwillingness of others to see that someone has a viewpoint different that their own? This is shameful!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that You want to determine who's right, and interestingly enough for everyone , including those who don't agree with you. Maybe it's you who wants to uphold some fantasy about honor and tradition the appeases your sense of self, and warmed by the notion that there are others just like you. I don't expect them to change JUST because I want them to, that too is but another fantasy that you have created to make argument. Is it really forcing my beliefs on everyone or an unwillingness of others to see that someone has a viewpoint different that their own? This is shameful!!!

Sty... you got it all wrong dude. I dont want to tell you whats right or wrong. Show me one time where i have said you need to just get over it. What i have said is that if I want the team name to remain as it is, that is my right. You have basically taken the stance that If Dan Snyder and the Redskins fan base dont see the errors of their ways, then its perfectly fine to FORCE us to get rid of the name because you feel that is whats right. Right or wrong is a personal choice for each person. And the moment you start enacting laws to say some one has to THINK a certain way, you strip this country of one of its basic rights. Because thats what you are really going for. People who dont think Redskins is a racial slur are wrong because they dont accept (and embrace) your way of thinking. thus you need to force them to think like you do.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just leave the name alone for Christs sake, it's the nickname of a fucking football team.

Hail to the Redskins!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty... you got it all wrong dude. I dont want to tell you whats right or wrong. Show me one time where i have said you need to just get over it. What i have said is that if I want the team name to remain as it is, that is my right. You have basically taken the stance that If Dan Snyder and the Redskins fan base dont see the errors of their ways, then its perfectly fine to FORCE us to get rid of the name because you feel that is whats right.

Show me one time that I've said that you should "get over it." Further, show me anywhere that I've stated.... "taken the stance, basically (your words) that if Dan Snyder and the Redskins fan base dont see the errors of their ways, then its perfectly fine to FORCE us to get rid of the name because you (I ) feel that is whats right." Maybe you're confusing me with someone else, maybe reading more into my responses than what's intended. I have always supported everyone who have a viewpoint other than my own. Research it, it's still there in this and others threads. Ironically, I have asked nothing more or nothing less than the same thing and I get attacked. That's fine, I'm a big man and when necessary, will defend myself against all comers.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me one time that I've said that you should "get over it." Further, show me anywhere that I've stated.... "taken the stance, basically (your words) that if Dan Snyder and the Redskins fan base dont see the errors of their ways, then its perfectly fine to FORCE us to get rid of the name because you (I ) feel that is whats right." Maybe you're confusing me with someone else, maybe reading more into my responses than what's intended. I have always supported everyone who have a viewpoint other than my own. Research it, it's still there in this and others threads. Ironically, I have asked nothing more or nothing less than the same thing and I get attacked. That's fine, I'm a big man and when necessary, will defend myself against all comers.

Cool... then to clear things up I will ask a few simple questions.

1. Do you think the team should be forced through the legal system to change the name??

2. Why or why not?

3. Do you think some one who doesnt accept the word Redskin as a racial slur is some how misguided or insensitive?

three simple questions. Can i get three direct answers??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool... then to clear things up I will ask a few simple questions.

1. Do you think the team should be forced through the legal system to change the name??

2. Why or why not?

3. Do you think some one who doesnt accept the word Redskin as a racial slur is some how misguided or insensitive?

three simple questions. Can i get three direct answers??

1. Nope ( although I object to the term "Forced")

2. We are all compelled by law to conform to differing things, The legal system is but one method employed by OTHERS, not me to seek Justice from their perspective. It has been a tried and true method from the beginning of this country.

3. Nope.....I totally respect their right to hold this view, because I am not so closed minded to think that
disagreement with me is tantamount to a treasonous act. I have in every thread like this
made that perfectly clear, up front.

So let's summarize : 1 = Nope...............3 = Nope.....and 2 = I cannot answer a "why or why not question with a simple direct yes or no.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way.....I rather enjoyed that, got any more? Oh wait, ask me if I'm an observer and not a fan!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK if you wouldnt call it being forced to change the name, what would you call it??

By trying to get the trademarks revoked and thus force the team to change the name, exactly what Justice is Mrs Harjo seeking ( and you apparently supporting)? Who exactly has the team or the owner and fan base wronged??

And how can you call yourself a fan, and yet support an agenda that will totally change who the team is going forward?? Hell if Harjo wins this case. it could actually end the Washington team all together. Because if you dont think her team has a list of people lined up to sue the team for some sort of long term hurt and pain, I got a bridge in Iraq I will give you real cheap.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK if you wouldnt call it being forced to change the name, what would you call it??

By trying to get the trademarks revoked and thus force the team to change the name, exactly what Justice is Mrs Harjo seeking ( and you apparently supporting)? Who exactly has the team or the owner and fan base wronged??

And how can you call yourself a fan, and yet support an agenda that will totally change who the team is going forward?? Hell if Harjo wins this case. it could actually end the Washington team all together. Because if you dont think her team has a list of people lined up to sue the team for some sort of long term hurt and pain, I got a bridge in Iraq I will give you real cheap.

I've answered your questions and now you seek what you specifically requested I NOT do when you presented them? OK....remember you've asked.

Do you agree that every person in this country has a right to their own images and should be protected from others who seek to exploit, depict, characterize, or mischaracterize those images without redress or personal gain? How about groups?

Trademark revocation ONLY means that sanctioning this type of exploitation will no longer be allowed. It does NOT force as stated by both Snyder and Allen to change the name. You were right to write in earlier threads that exploitation has a cost. However, money was / is only one part of it.

Interesting, that some of you continue to hold the position that changing the name totally ends the team!! It does not!!! The Washington part will survive any nickname change and in fact might be an improvement. Let's say that you're right and that there will be further suits seeking redress for past wrongs. Why would they get it? .........Because in a court of law and through the appeals process they would win. Now go back and review my post where I advocated for a name change consistent with an ACTUAL Native American tribe, as you stated like the Seminoles and Florida State did. Get their blessing and set up something similar to that......or just keep holding fast to a reluctance to change and let it drag out.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i get tired of tyranny being disguised as justice . changing the name doesnt do one thing to help the plight of american indians . but its better to feel good then be good

saying you are a fan of a team and hating the name doesnt jive . a true blue redskins fan isnt going to say 'Change the name " sorry it doesnt work that way

and you can tap dance all you want sty , it is what it is you cant say i believe in jesus but despise his name

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've answered your questions and now you seek what you specifically requested I NOT do when you presented them? OK....remember you've asked.

Do you agree that every person in this country has a right to their own images and should be protected from others who seek to exploit, depict, characterize, or mischaracterize those images without redress or personal gain? How about groups?

Trademark revocation ONLY means that sanctioning this type of exploitation will no longer be allowed. It does NOT force as stated by both Snyder and Allen to change the name. You were right to write in earlier threads that exploitation has a cost. However, money was / is only one part of it.

Interesting, that some of you continue to hold the position that changing the name totally ends the team!! It does not!!! The Washington part will survive any nickname change and in fact might be an improvement. Let's say that you're right and that there will be further suits seeking redress for past wrongs. Why would they get it? .........Because in a court of law and through the appeals process they would win. Now go back and review my post where I advocated for a name change consistent with an ACTUAL Native American tribe, as you stated like the Seminoles and Florida State did. Get their blessing and set up something similar to that......or just keep holding fast to a reluctance to change and let it drag out.

So basically all this to say, change to name to something like Apache, and pay a tidy sum to the tribe in Question... then its ok?? So then its not about hurt feelings so much as the Indigenous peoples not getting their cut??

And trademark revocation is simply the first step in filing a class action civil suit for pain and suffering caused by the team using the word as a team name. And sorry dude, if Smokers can sue Phillip Morris for damages when they knowingly used the product, I think a group of supposedly injured Indigenous peoples will file a $5 billion Dollar suit against the team and even if the team wins it will cost enough that the team will either have to move or be sold.