• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name your top 4

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me. Did FSU beat the #1 team?

There's another part of this too if you want to get into the politics of it. The ACC commish sucks. He went silent. The most he did was send out a press release. Meanwhile the SEC commish was doing interviews, on TV and at the games lobbying for SEC teams. Shit like that is why FSU will be in the SEC shortly.
That is actually a good point. I wonder if FSU would be in right now if the ACC preemptively raised a big fuss about how records matter and you can't keep an undefeated big 5 school out, etc, etc.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BCS has FSU 3rd & Alabama 4th with Texas excluded. Since Texas had the H2H that had to be tough for humans to do.

There was another season where teams with identical records and the team that finished ranked lower had the H2H. Notre Dame beat FSU that year and then FSU got to play for the Natty and won: 1993

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
key word there is "WAS"........... and that's debatable as hell. WTF, fsu is not the same team. period.

maybe shut your mouth until you play GA, and see what happens.

and bullshit.

Texas would have taken the 4 spot if GA had won. so be more delusional. Did you watch Texas destroy okla st? that was a convincing win. fsu sqeaking by lville was not. that was a shitshow by both.
How are we supposed to judge teams if not by how they performed during the season (the past/was)?

If we're just going to say the games don't matter than anoint the playoff teams in August.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is actually a good point. I wonder if FSU would be in right now if the ACC preemptively raised a big fuss about how records matter and you can't keep an undefeated big 5 school out, etc, etc.

It couldn't have hurt. I mean shit, it's a team sport. Go support your team.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have Ohio State ahead of FSU. Penn State can go to hell. Everytime they get their chance they seem to blow it.
I tend to agree with you there. They beat everyone not named Michigan and Penn State, then lay an egg in their bowl game. I'm not too concerned about shitty bowl game performances though. Because, honestly, who gives a shit at that point? Most of your star players don't even play in those games anymore and they are entirely meaningless and are only played 5+ weeks after the team played it's last game, and the kids took time off to study for finals.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be pretty shocking if Bama stomped Michigan. They played well yesterday. They also needed a miracle to beat Auburn last week. They are not some juggernaut. Michigan has won all but one of their games by double digits and has yet to be behind in the 2nd half of a single game all season.

Should be a pretty good game.
Good game? sure.
I tend to lean Bama bc they thrive on playing teams just like Michigan. Teams that are pro style offenses and love to run the ball. Michigan's defense will keep them in it and Mccarthy can make some plays with his legs but Bama beat Georgia, who runs the same type of offense.

Good luck to Michigan facing a Lamar Jackson type of QB though. They haven't seen a QB like that in a long time and he can actually throw decent too.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another reason.......

SOS
Texas - 13th
Alabama - 5th
FSU - 55th

just STFU......

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC has long won the PR battle that they're the best, and I think you've got to give it to them that they're right. This is why Alabama is in and FSU is out. If Florida State trounces Georgia, then they can make this claim that they're the real champ. If Georgia wins, then the CFP committee and the SEC will remind everyone that they were right
FSU wasn’t ever playing Georgia in playoff. It’s a mute point.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game? sure.
I tend to lean Bama bc they thrive on playing teams just like Michigan. Teams that are pro style offenses and love to run the ball. Michigan's defense will keep them in it and Mccarthy can make some plays with his legs but Bama beat Georgia, who runs the same type of offense.

Good luck to Michigan facing a Lamar Jackson type of QB though. They haven't seen a QB like that in a long time and he can actually throw decent too.

We'll see how it plays out of course. But Bama hardly looked dominant this year. The only reason they are in the playoff is because of a converted 4th and 31 against a very pedestrian Auburn the week before. Eeked out wins against pretty average teams like Arkansas, MissSt, and Texas A&M.

Michigan, was basically dominant in every game except PSU and OSU but they were in the lead for all of those games as well.

I do think that Michigan will likely need to put the game on McCarthy's shoulders to win.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for a brutal reality.

You're either in the B1G or SEC, on your way to one of the two or you're in a 2nd tier conference. The best bet with the direction CFB is headed isn't bashing either one of them, it's joining them. The PAC & B12 is effectively dead and the ACC is on life support as far as being a 'P5'.

When all the SportsHoopla is over with, what teams like FSU, Clemson, North Carolina and Va Tech should be focused on is finding a spot in the P2.

The talk I've been giving Alabama fans is to stop giving these other fan bases shit and if they come from even just a solid program let them know they'll be welcomed to the club.

And yes, if FSU was a B1G or SEC program it is more likely they wouldve got in. Greg Sankey would've had his much beloved NY ass on TV lobbying for them too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how it plays out of course. But Bama hardly looked dominant this year. The only reason they are in the playoff is because of a converted 4th and 31 against a very pedestrian Auburn the week before. Eeked out wins against pretty average teams like Arkansas, MissSt, and Texas A&M.

Michigan, was basically dominant in every game except PSU and OSU but they were in the lead for all of those games as well.

I do think that Michigan will likely need to put the game on McCarthy's shoulders to win.
I never said they looked dominant. In fact, they didn't look like a top 25 team early in the season when Texas beat them and Texas rallied in the 4th. Bama plays well against pro-style offenses is the main point here.

Michigan struggled against most opponents through 2 1/2 quarters but their running game turned those into blowouts AND of course their defense. If you get behind against Bama, it won't be easy to run it down their throat which puts more pressure on Mccarthy, who is essentially a great game manager. He did that in the Ohio St game but they had the lead most of the game bc Ohio St had a medicore, statute at QB that is a sitting duck in the pocket.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*FTR We looked like absolute crap early in the year. At that point I wouldn't have wanted a playoff spot if it was gift wrapped to us.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they looked dominant. In fact, they didn't look like a top 25 team early in the season when Texas beat them and Texas rallied in the 4th. Bama plays well against pro-style offenses is the main point here.

Michigan struggled against most opponents through 2 1/2 quarters but their running game turned those into blowouts AND of course their defense. If you get behind against Bama, it won't be easy to run it down their throat which puts more pressure on Mccarthy, who is essentially a great game manager. He did that in the Ohio St game but they had the lead most of the game bc Ohio St had a medicore, statute at QB that is a sitting duck in the pocket.

Michigan didn't struggle through most of their games. The blew most of their opponents out. Their last 3 games were closer which isn't surprising since those were the 3 toughest games of the season.

It's hard to know what McCarthy can do because he was rarely asked to do a lot. That is likely to change on New Year's Day.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strength of record

Texas #2
Alabama #6
Washington #8
Mich # 51

FSU # 55

Enjoy, kiddo
Umm... you posted the exact same thing he did. Which is SOS. I posted SOR.

Maybe you should stick to being wrong on the politics board instead of being wrong in here too.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for a brutal reality.

You're either in the B1G or SEC, on your way to one of the two or you're in a 2nd tier conference. The best bet with the direction CFB is headed isn't bashing either one of them, it's joining them. The PAC & B12 is effectively dead and the ACC is on life support as far as being a 'P5'.

When all the SportsHoopla is over with, what teams like FSU, Clemson, North Carolina and Va Tech should be focused on is finding a spot in the P2.

The talk I've been giving Alabama fans is to stop giving these other fan bases shit and if they come from even just a solid program let them know they'll be welcomed to the club.

And yes, if FSU was a B1G or SEC program it is more likely they wouldve got in. Greg Sankey would've had his much beloved NY ass on TV lobbying for them too.
You're preaching to the choir. I'm begging for an invite to the SEC.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan didn't struggle through most of their games. The blew most of their opponents out. Their last 3 games were closer which isn't surprising since those were the 3 toughest games of the season.

It's hard to know what McCarthy can do because he was rarely asked to do a lot. That is likely to change on New Year's Day.
They didn't play a team in the top like 70 until November. LOL.