• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name your top 4

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody doing predictions yet?
You're preaching to the choir. I'm begging for an invite to the SEC.

You'll get one. I could see the B1G & SEC doing a big push all at once for a majority of teams combined to dissolve the ACC all at once. I'd want Va Tech in the SEC. I think you're a good fit and would give us a footprint in a sizeable market in Virginia.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC isn't a power conf. FSU may have difficulty without their player, but the season and those 13 wins came before the injury. It's not as though they're the 85 BYU team who refused to play to tarnish their perfect season. The FSU fans definitely have a gripe.
The problem is, the other schools come from a more powerful football conf. SEC and Big 10 are premier conferences the rankings are littered with their schools every year. Texas beat Alabama and their only loss was to a good Oklahoma team
Washington is also undefeated and from a better conference.
I think the committee got it right despite the FSU outrage

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't play a team in the top like 70 until November. LOL.

I wasn't the one who said they struggled in the first 2 1/2 quarters of most of their games.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BCS has FSU 3rd & Alabama 4th with Texas excluded. Since Texas had the H2H that had to be tough for humans to do.

There was another season where teams with identical records and the team that finished ranked lower had the H2H. Notre Dame beat FSU that year and then FSU got to play for the Natty and won: 1993
Notre Dame, the week AFTER that victory against FSU, right at the end of the season, lost to Boston College. Number of circumstances behind this.

1. Notre Dame didn’t have an opportunity to redeem themselves after a bad loss. And it was a bad loss.

2. FSU lost on the road to ND when a last second drive fell short (Not by 10 at home)

3. We beat a top 5 Florida on the road afterwards.

I was a senior that year and remember it like it was yesterday.

Last edited:

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm... you posted the exact same thing he did. Which is SOS. I posted SOR.

Maybe you should stick to being wrong on the politics board instead of being wrong in here too.

Maybe you should read better. I posted a different metric intentionally in the strength of schedule, just like he did.

Sorry, sparky but there are different measures out there and not one was necessarily was the deciding factor. SOR was just 1 among several.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who props your conference up?

Let's here your top 5 teams in your conference...

Go
The entire point is the SEC is propped up by those 2, not that the other conferences are the same. Outside of Alabama and Georgia the SEC would plug into any other conference and just be a part of it. Not dominate it.

Washington, Oregon, USC, and Utah could all plug in and be on the level of the SEC in almost any year.

SEC did not have a losing record to the other power 5 as a fluke. It is what they are this year. Georgia and Alabama did not have a gauntlet to run, they played a regular power 5 conference, then ended on the one game that mattered.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree....the point is to have the 4 best teams
That is the distinction that generates all of the argument on this one. It is 4 most deserving bs 3 best. Only they did not even get that right, the 4 best still includes Georgia.

4 best would be Georgia, Alabama, then pick any 2 of the Michigan, Washington, or Texas.

4 most deserving is Michigan, Washington, FSU, and Texas.

Committee chose a middle ground achieving neither.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC isn't a power conf. FSU may have difficulty without their player, but the season and those 13 wins came before the injury. It's not as though they're the 85 BYU team who refused to play to tarnish their perfect season. The FSU fans definitely have a gripe.
The problem is, the other schools come from a more powerful football conf. SEC and Big 10 are premier conferences the rankings are littered with their schools every year. Texas beat Alabama and their only loss was to a good Oklahoma team
Washington is also undefeated and from a better conference.
I think the committee got it right despite the FSU outrage

People keep saying power 5 conference, but maybe it doesn't mean anything anymore. The SEC and Big Ten matter a lot, but the others don't matter so much. Texas got the nod because they beat the SEC champion this year and maybe the fact that they will be joining the SEC next year helped as well. Texas has the SEC aura.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire point is the SEC is propped up by those 2, not that the other conferences are the same. Outside of Alabama and Georgia the SEC would plug into any other conference and just be a part of it. Not dominate it.

Washington, Oregon, USC, and Utah could all plug in and be on the level of the SEC in almost any year.

SEC did not have a losing record to the other power 5 as a fluke. It is what they are this year. Georgia and Alabama did not have a gauntlet to run, they played a regular power 5 conference, then ended on the one game that mattered.

So i guess you saying Washington is propping up your conference cause the other teams are to shitty to evaluate...

An you will see what happens to Washington if they can make it to Bama... I doubt they do...

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep saying power 5 conference, but maybe it doesn't mean anything anymore. The SEC and Big Ten matter a lot, but the others don't matter so much. Texas got the nod because they beat the SEC champion this year and maybe the fact that they will be joining the SEC next year helped as well. Texas has the SEC aura.

Texas will come in and learn their pecking order quickly. Losing 2 or 3 games a year will be like going 12-1 in the Big 12 ..

They better enjoy this year of being the big boy cause they bout to find themselves a half step Infront of A&M.

Oklahoma... Hahah.. They will learn what 7/8 wins a year feels like again..

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i guess you saying Washington is propping up your conference cause the other teams are to shitty to evaluate...

An you will see what happens to Washington if they can make it to Bama... I doubt they do...
Oh shit you nailed it! That is exactly what I said. Why bother with debating what was actually said when you can just make up your own version.

Kind of weird of you to brag about your tiny penis though.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree....the point is to have the 4 best teams
And Florida st won all its games while Bama and Texas couldn’t pull that off. Therefore they were better than Bama and Texas

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t Bama just need a complete choke by Auburn a week ago and also played Chattanooga the week before lol. Oh yeah, they were very deserving

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Florida st won all its games while Bama and Texas couldn’t pull that off. Therefore they were better than Bama and Texas
If that is the case then Liberty should be in.....which is stupid. Florida St played a pretty weak overall schedule. But in the end.....without Jordan Travis they are NOT one of the Top 4 teams. It's really that simple.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the distinction that generates all of the argument on this one. It is 4 most deserving bs 3 best. Only they did not even get that right, the 4 best still includes Georgia.

4 best would be Georgia, Alabama, then pick any 2 of the Michigan, Washington, or Texas.

4 most deserving is Michigan, Washington, FSU, and Texas.

Committee chose a middle ground achieving neither.
Definitely shouldn't be most deserving

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the case then Liberty should be in.....which is stupid. Florida St played a pretty weak overall schedule. But in the end.....without Jordan Travis they are NOT one of the Top 4 teams. It's really that simple.
It might have something to do with SoS. You know playing a Schedule that went 77-79 and only had 3 8 win teams on it is probably why they went undefeated. Unlike say Alabama who played a schedule that went 98-61 and had 5 8+ win teams on it. The problem for FSU was their conference selection way back in 1990. Choosing the ACC then for the easy path is hurting them now. Let's not forget that twice FSU in 1993 and 2000 benefitted from what they are crying about now. In 1993 they got selected over an Undefeated WVU team in the Orange bowl and won a title. In 2000 they got selected over a Miami team that beat them and lost a title. Can't have it both ways. Sometimes you game the system and sometimes the system games you.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, you are right. Alabama lost a game. Guess what though. They are in the Playoff. Because apparently beating teams in the Top 25 is more valuable than avoiding them.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should read better. I posted a different metric intentionally in the strength of schedule, just like he did.

Sorry, sparky but there are different measures out there and not one was necessarily was the deciding factor. SOR was just 1 among several.
I'm going to need you to show a source on SOR showing FSU at 55. Because I'm calling bullshit.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they're still better than Georgia though, right?

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3