• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It is time to go sign Tim Tebow

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos won 7 regular season games with Tebow at QB in 2011. Here are the points totals conceded in those 7 wins:

By my reckoning that's 5 wins by the defense, 1 win by Tebow, and 1 push. The Broncos also managed to lose a game with Tebow at QB when they only conceded 7 points.

You make my point for me man. In the first 5 games Denver was allowing 28 ppg largely because their D was put in terrible positions by a turnover prone Kyle Orton. Once they got a starter who could control the clock and not turn it over they magically looked pretty damn good. You can throw the prettiest ball in the world but if it ends up in the hands of the other team then it doesnt matter, you can have the best defense in the league but if they are constantly being put on the field in their own territory they will look shitty.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have all ready conceded the season whats the big deal. Of the two I would start Tebow. He would put butts in the seats which has already been stated. He brings certain intangibles and leadership. Sure he has bad throwing mechanics,coach him up. As to the media circus hell the NFL is a dam circus.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make my point for me man. In the first 5 games Denver was allowing 28 ppg
largely because their D was put in terrible positions by a turnover prone Kyle
Orton. Once they got a starter who could control the clock and not turn it over
they magically looked pretty damn good. You can throw the prettiest ball in the
world but if it ends up in the hands of the other team then it doesnt matter,
you can have the best defense in the league but if they are constantly being put
on the field in their own territory they will look shitty.

Singing: "Game manager" -- doesn't have to be the best QB aka Trent Dilfer. lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FF - if you go by your Tebow formula of points scored against the Broncos D = the Broncos D won the game...

Let's look at the Rams wins last year:

week 2 vs. Redskins 31-28 <> Down 21-6 and after the Skins lose their 2 best D-lineman, Bradford rallies troops with 3 TDs, 300+ yards passing.

week 4 vs. Seattle 19-13 <> Greg hits 4 FGs. Defense played the best game versus R Wilson all year.

week 5 vs. Cardinals 17-3 <> Sam has 2 TDs, defense has 9 sacks and puts on a clinic.

week 12 @ Cardinals 31-17 <> Janoris has 2 pick 6's. Sam has 2 TD's and goes 8 for 17. Rams pick off rookie Lindsley 4 times.

week 13 vs. 49ers 16-13 OT <> 3 FGs from Greg Z and another Pick 6 by Janoris.

week 14 @ Buffalo 15-12 <> Sam goes 19 for 39 with 1 TD late in the 4th to win. SJAX scored 1 TD. Defense holds yet again on the road.

week 16 @ Tampa 28-14 <> Sam throws 2 TD's, Janoris has another pick 6 and the Rams pick off Freeman 4 times. LOL

As you can see, there are many variables to winning and losing ballgames. Like FGs, field position, turnovers.. But let's just say the Broncos D won every game but 1 in your formula. Applying the same formula to Bradford last year, of the 7 games we won... I would say that all but 2 games were won because of the Rams D! So seeing that Tebow missed the 1st 5 games of 2011 and only "won 1" game because the Defense won the rest...

Is Sam really any better?

:10:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 of the Rams 7 wins last year came against teams that scored 15 points or less. Bradford is 9-0 against teams that score 15 points or less. The Rams played 8 games against teams that made the playoffs last season. Tebow faced only 1 team that made the playoffs in his 11 starts in 2011. I don't give QBs extra credit for 4th quarter comebacks against opponents that score 10 or 13. You beat those teams or you don't. Frankly you should be comfortable in the 4th quarter against them. I don't hate Tebow. I don't follow college football so I don't care if a player won every game or lost every game at that level. My interest is purely whether he could move the ball effectively and score points as the Rams QB. I don't believe he could. If I thought he would do well then all the stuff that surrounds him wouldn't be an issue.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there you have it. Another 1 sided, very biased stat trying to make a winner like Tebow look bad... But doesn't show the other side of the coin.

My friends, I am always going to look at the other side of the coin. And that's all I expect other people to do as well. Look at things from both sides, not be 1 dimensional and narrow-minded.

That is all :nod:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep twisting it FF. Keep on twisting it.

I don't give QBs extra credit for 4th quarter comebacks against opponents that
score 10 or 13.

LOL I was going to give the Defense/Bradford evalution a push on the Buffalo game, but since you said this than it goes to the defense.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team A concedes 13 points then scores 17 straight to win 17-13.
Team B scores 17 straight at the start and ends up winning 17-13.

Team A is more impressive??? Really? I'm the 1 twisting things?

You asked for last season's numbers and I posted them - impartially. Did I say Bradford won games last year rather than the defense? No I didn't. All I showed was that most QBs will win with that sort of help. I don't give Tebow extra credit for those comeback wins. I don't give Bradford extra credit for any of those 9 wins that were comeback wins. I don't give Brady or Manning extra credit for wins in those circumstances either. You claimed Tebow won games for the Broncos. Tebow was only the decisive factor in 1 of those wins in 2011 and he blew another game when the defense held the Chiefs to 7 points. Tebow is 5-1 in such games and Bradford is 9-0, but somehow you've decided Bradford is a loser and Tebow is a winner. Everyone can see your anti-Bradford and pro-Tebow nonsense.

You see both sides of the coin? What a joke!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a wash FF. LOL it's so close and both really are not that good!

You want to compare wins right? Well there you go buddy.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sorry... It was his second year, he started 3 games his rookie year and didn't become the starter in year 2 until game 6. It was also D. Thomas' and Decker's 2nd year on offense where the Broncos won their division after a 1-4 start and beat the Steelers in the playoffs.

Please dude. He clearly helped turn that team around and yes his rah rah approach helped not only that Broncos team, but helped him win 2 National Titles at Florida too. Or was that all the defense too?

C'mon man. He's not the best QB in the world, but the guy has won games and as a matter of fact has a better winning % than Bradford in the NFL and NCAA.

I have never been one to admit that I never get my years mixed up. That's for sure.

But the bet my friend was to say nothing negative about Sam. That was the bet. And frankly, I have nothing negative to say lately because he was getting better. If you read my posts, you would have seen the words. But like a woman, you will pick out your arguments and stick to your own agenda.

Either way, I could care less about your "opinions". It's clear you are a hater and I have no respect for people who hate on anyone. It just makes you look like a jackass.

What does him winning in college have to do with his game in the NFL? He could get away with those fluttering 10 yard out routes in college. But he didn't in the NFL. Weak arm, bad accuracy = out of football. End of discussion. Winning % has nothing to do with a QB's ability and more so to do with the team surrounding him (unless it's Manning or Brady). It's like people thinking wins and losses determine if a starting pitcher is good in baseball. Bradford is head and shoulders better than Tebow.

The only hate is directed towards morons who think Tebow is a legitimate starting QB. Newsflash: He's not in the NFL and he'll be nothing more than a back up QB the rest of his life. It's idiotic to think that Tebow won those games all by himself. That was definitely a team effort that season when Tebow was put in as QB.

And again with the woman comment. It's clear your a misogynistic jackass, not to mention you enjoy making fun of mentally handicapped people with the bet from two weeks ago. And let's not start up that road about hating. Your sig line targeting Bradford is nothing but hate. So don't stand behind "you only use facts" when it's clear that in this discussion and others that you don't.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make my point for me man. In the first 5 games Denver was allowing 28 ppg largely because their D was put in terrible positions by a turnover prone Kyle Orton. Once they got a starter who could control the clock and not turn it over they magically looked pretty damn good. You can throw the prettiest ball in the world but if it ends up in the hands of the other team then it doesnt matter, you can have the best defense in the league but if they are constantly being put on the field in their own territory they will look shitty.

Tebow protected the ball? That's rich! Hiss ass was lucky enough that only 6 of his 14 fumbles were recovered by the other team. Tebow had one fluky season that wasn't productive and yet people like you clamor for him to be in the NFL. But, there's a reason why NFL execs and those who aren't blinded by the Tebow light understand why he'll never be a QB in this league....we pay attention.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow protected the ball? That's rich! Hiss ass was lucky enough that only 6 of his 14 fumbles were recovered by the other team. Tebow had one fluky season that wasn't productive and yet people like you clamor for him to be in the NFL. But, there's a reason why NFL execs and those who aren't blinded by the Tebow light understand why he'll never be a QB in this league....we pay attention.

Im not clamoring for him to be in the NFL, I could care less but hes by far a better option for teams trying to win games than alot of guys currently in the league IMO. If teams didnt get all the other crap that came with signing Tebow he would be on a roster somewhere but most teams dont want the SportsHoopla surrounding him especially when he isnt a starting QB. Its the same reason people didnt sign TO even after a productive season in Cincy. Why take on the headache for a guy thats not a top producer? I understand the arguments against signing him and thats fine but in a vacuum without all the other stuff the guy is a winner.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK DK... I hate Bradford. Because I like the facts.

:lame:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Who wants Tebow as a backup with the media hype?

Tebow is winner. College and as a bronco. He's not great, but I agree the kid wins.