• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It is time to go sign Tim Tebow

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I hate Tebow, I hate the media attention, I hate all the stupidity he brings wherever he goes. However we can not start Kellen Clemens against Seattle or against anyone for that matter if we want to win games.

Tebow wont win any games either. Hes as useless as our Brandon Weeden - all eithers capable of is rolling out. & not always successfully

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, sounds like that same QB isn't even sniffing auditions as a QB.

Sure and alot of that has to do with the circus that comes with him. Listen the guy wins period. He took a Denver team that had lost 20 of their previous 24 games to the playoffs after a 1-4 start and then won a playoff game with that team. You can tell me all you want about his mechanics, his inability to read defenses, his skillset etc etc and you may be right. That said the guys is a winning NFL QB so to propose that he cant win in the NFL is asinine. He already has. Anyone saying otherwise is just flat out wrong. Does that mean a team should motgage their future to go sign him?? Hell no, but if you want me to believe that the Denver D that had been the worst in the NFL the season before Tebow got his shot AND worst in the NFL the first 5 games of the year he did start is the reason Tebow had success then you dont know football. Denver improved because they controlled the ball, didnt turn it over and made big plays late. ALL of those are because of Tebow. Period.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree rmilia1 and he had a guy that drafted and coached him as the coach in Josh McDaniels the OC in New England and was our OC under Spigot (Spagnuola). Since Fisher stated the Rams are not going to trade for a QB but bring in a number of prospects for a back-up spot, I am hoping he will get a shot but if they do sign him they should hire a QB coach to work with both Clemons and Tebow.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure and alot of that has to do with the circus that comes with him. Listen the guy wins period. He took a Denver team that had lost 20 of their previous 24 games to the playoffs after a 1-4 start and then won a playoff game with that team. You can tell me all you want about his mechanics, his inability to read defenses, his skillset etc etc and you may be right. That said the guys is a winning NFL QB so to propose that he cant win in the NFL is asinine. He already has. Anyone saying otherwise is just flat out wrong. Does that mean a team should motgage their future to go sign him?? Hell no, but if you want me to believe that the Denver D that had been the worst in the NFL the season before Tebow got his shot AND worst in the NFL the first 5 games of the year he did start is the reason Tebow had success then you dont know football. Denver improved because they controlled the ball, didnt turn it over and made big plays late. ALL of those are because of Tebow. Period.

:laugh3: Yes, Tebow won those games ALL BY HIMSELF! BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Obviously you didn't watch any of those Broncos games, like I did (I live in Denver). The Broncos did not have the worst defense in the NFL during the first 5 games. They had one hiccup against the GB Packers, one of the best offenses in the NFL. Other than that, the Broncos defense was the only reason they made the playoffs (and they snuck at that). Go back and watch the tape against the Chiefs and Bills that year. Tebow was an embarrassment to the position. There's a reason why Elway ditched Tebow and it's the portion in bold you already spelled out.

GTFO with your Tebow colored glasses and join the real world, ok?

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how about that Josh Freeman? 16-46....but he can run, right? :laugh3:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK you have been giving Bradford almost 4 years to fit in a scheme and it's never his fault, now Freeman has been with the Vikings for almost 2 weeks and you dog him?

Some of you should just go back and put your panties on. At least try to compare apples to apples. Give everyone the same criteria when judging performances.

What really cracks me up is the amount of love on here for Sam and these same lovers hated Bulger. That's where you all lose me.

I judge everyone the same. I am no homer and have no favorites. Josh Freeman is a mobile QB and has been with this OC for 2 weeks. LOL

Please. That just makes you look like a woman DK7000.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76. I agree with you on the mechanics of Bradford but I disagree with you
in that he has a tendency to hold onto the ball too long. I know you are serving
your self imposed no-badmouthing-Bradford suspension but I know that is what you
wanted to add. Just a tad slow on the throws and when Bradford did get it right,
we have receivers dropping passes that hit them right on the hands just like
yesterday.

Retro - Sam was holding onto the ball too long. However the past few games with a better running game, Sam looked better and looked like he was more confident. I will give the blame to the WR's all day last week. The other early games, I saw alot of holding onto the ball, waiting, waiting, pulling the trigger late and finding the WR while the window was closing. Was it all Sam? No it probably was the chemistry with younger WRs, but YES it was also Sam. Sam never wowed me. He never made plays look easy. He never made people around him that much better. But the sad thing is, he was improving. His WRs and him were getting more familiar with each other and YES the WRs were dropping passes like flies on stank!

Tebow's play was laughable and embarrassing to watch. There's a reason he is out
of the NFL and Bradford will stay in the league for many years, either as a
starter or back up.

And yes, we actually can say that Bradford has led
his team late and score points. No need for revisionist history to promote your
anti-Bradford agenda.

DK7000 you are cracking me up - the defense won all of Tebow's games? Well what the hell did the Rams defense do for Sam last year? LOL!! At least Tim led his team! At least Tebow has some 4th Q comebacks and scored points! With Rookies on offense I might add! You are a typical hypocritical Tebow hater. You give no credit to the kid in his rookie year and that's just stupid. And you dodge the questions asked with more Tebow hate. But you love Sam, probably hated Bulger.

I have no respect for fans like you. If you really think I have an "agenda" against Sam you are dead wrong. I just call it like it is. And Sam was starting to get better and make better decisions, but he has always been SLOW in his reads, running, and a step behind in many cases.

That's not hate, or negativity, or an agenda. LOL That's just the truth.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you SJ76 on Freeman.... give him an entire offseason to study a playbook with a coach who will give him some freedoms and I think he can still be a major player in this league.

I read a rumor that the Bears will probably let Cutler walk.... whatcha think?? maybe???

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want another Vet on his way down, collecting paychecks. We need a young QB with Mobility and some athleticism and some brains. Bridgewater or Marriota would be a good start.

Question is: does Fisher want to start over with a young QB? And would a young QB come in and start asap? Or could we afford to restructure Bradford's contract, let him start and bring in another young QB to compete? Bellicheat has been drafting QB's, making them good backups and trading them since the invention of TV.

I think what's going to happen is this... The owner and upper management are going to make a decision on Bradford. If they keep him, Fisher stays. If they decide to draft a QB, Fisher very well could walk. But it's early and people's minds will change every other week.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I never said Josh Freeman was awesome and would be the next Culpepper. He fits that Culpepper mold. He's big, can run, but I don't know about his brain.

But give me a good defense and a solid running game, along with some weapons at WR/TE and I will make him 1 hell of a game manager. I love QBs that can find 4-8 yards when there is no one to go to. And a 6'6 245 QB can truck some people. Anyone remember Dante Culpepper early in his career? The guy would run you over. he was the first mobile QB with real size that I can remember.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK you have been giving Bradford almost 4 years to fit in a scheme and it's never his fault, now Freeman has been with the Vikings for almost 2 weeks and you dog him?

Some of you should just go back and put your panties on. At least try to compare apples to apples. Give everyone the same criteria when judging performances.

What really cracks me up is the amount of love on here for Sam and these same lovers hated Bulger. That's where you all lose me.

I judge everyone the same. I am no homer and have no favorites. Josh Freeman is a mobile QB and has been with this OC for 2 weeks. LOL

Please. That just makes you look like a woman DK7000.

Oh no, I'm adamant about us acquiring a new QB to either supplant or put pressure on Bradford. And Freeman just isn't the QB to do that. It wasn't just last nights game, but his last two seasons have shown that he is not the kind of QB you want starting for your team. And frankly, neither is Bradford.

And no, it doesn't make me a woman (like that is an insult? Misogynistic much SJ?). It just makes me more observant than you.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the stout Broncos team that was 4-20 in their 24 games right before Tebow took over??? LOL. Sounds like a team that was just missing a QB to me.

He was the spark, and the novelty was somewhat effective. When the terrible Patriots defense showed how easy it was to blow his even worse ass out, the novelty disappeared. There's a reason he never sniffed an opportunity since then. If you grab 5 random men off the street, three would be a better QB option than tebow.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"DK7000 you are cracking me up - the defense won all of Tebow's games? Well what the hell did the Rams defense do for Sam last year? LOL!! At least Tim led his team! At least Tebow has some 4th Q comebacks and scored points! With Rookies on offense I might add! You are a typical hypocritical Tebow hater. You give no credit to the kid in his rookie year and that's just stupid. And you dodge the questions asked with more Tebow hate. But you love Sam, probably hated Bulger.

I have no respect for fans like you. If you really think I have an "agenda" against Sam you are dead wrong. I just call it like it is. And Sam was starting to get better and make better decisions, but he has always been SLOW in his reads, running, and a step behind in many cases.

That's not hate, or negativity, or an agenda. LOL That's just the truth."[/QUOTE]

Tebow did not lead his team. Just because he's a loud mouth, raw-raw Jesus lover does not make him a leader.

And let's go through some of your blatant lies/BS on this post.

Winning drives/comebacks:

Sam Bradford's Career 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives - Pro-Football-Reference.com
Tim Tebow's Career 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives - Pro-Football-Reference.com

What's the major difference? Bradford's play during the first 3 quarters was the reason his team was still in the game. Contrast that with Tebow, who's play up to the 4th quarter was the reason why the Broncos were losing. He only had one game with a completion percentage above 60%! And guess which one is still in the NFL and the other is busy preaching about Jesus?

Tebow was not a rookie in 2011. He was not playing with a lot of rookies that year. In fact, no starter for the Broncos offense that year was a rookie! LOL, at least try and use some facts to back up your weak argument about Teblow.

And why was it that Tebow needed those 4th QB comebacks? Hmm...maybe it was because he couldn't lead his offense during the first 3 quarters of the game! If it wasn't for the Broncos defense that year, we're not talking about Tebow's "comebacks", but his piss-poor play at QB and the fact that the Broncos offense was awful that year. They didn't even average 20 points a game, yet Tebow gets a pass from you and Bradford doesn't? Talk about hypocritical.

Also, I was not a Bulger hater. The man had no weapons or o-line his last two years with the team. He was simply shell shocked. The blame lies squarely on the FO and Linehan/Spags for not doing enough to protect him. However, we did need to make a change in 2010. Bradford hasn't lived up to his #1 status and now with his injury, it looks like we may need to move on from him as well.

Don't worry SJ, the lack of respect is a two way street here. You couldn't even keep your mouth shut about Bradford after your bet, which I expected.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither KSUDodgers. Cutler can walk and I don't want the Rams to sign him. Fisher has already made it clear that the FO and he are going with Bradford next year regardless of this year's injury. If this is the truth, we are stuck with Sammie because Fisher is sold on the dude.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow was not a rookie in 2011. He was not playing with a lot of rookies that
year. In fact, no starter for the Broncos offense that year was a rookie! LOL,
at least try and use some facts to back up your weak argument about
Teblow.

So sorry... It was his second year, he started 3 games his rookie year and didn't become the starter in year 2 until game 6. It was also D. Thomas' and Decker's 2nd year on offense where the Broncos won their division after a 1-4 start and beat the Steelers in the playoffs.

Please dude. He clearly helped turn that team around and yes his rah rah approach helped not only that Broncos team, but helped him win 2 National Titles at Florida too. Or was that all the defense too?

C'mon man. He's not the best QB in the world, but the guy has won games and as a matter of fact has a better winning % than Bradford in the NFL and NCAA.

I have never been one to admit that I never get my years mixed up. That's for sure.

But the bet my friend was to say nothing negative about Sam. That was the bet. And frankly, I have nothing negative to say lately because he was getting better. If you read my posts, you would have seen the words. But like a woman, you will pick out your arguments and stick to your own agenda.

Either way, I could care less about your "opinions". It's clear you are a hater and I have no respect for people who hate on anyone. It just makes you look like a jackass.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: Yes, Tebow won those games ALL BY HIMSELF! BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Obviously you didn't watch any of those Broncos games, like I did (I live in Denver). The Broncos did not have the worst defense in the NFL during the first 5 games. They had one hiccup against the GB Packers, one of the best offenses in the NFL. Other than that, the Broncos defense was the only reason they made the playoffs (and they snuck at that). Go back and watch the tape against the Chiefs and Bills that year. Tebow was an embarrassment to the position. There's a reason why Elway ditched Tebow and it's the portion in bold you already spelled out.

GTFO with your Tebow colored glasses and join the real world, ok?

In 2011 through 5 games the Broncos D ranked 31st in points allowed, 32nd in yards allowed and the team was -11 in turnover margin. After Tebow took over Denver was +19 in turnover margin, had 6 games where the D allowed less than 15 because their time of possession increased by nearly 8 minutes per game because they controlled the ball and didnt turn it over. Those are just facts man. Like I said you can skew it how you want but I prefer to work with reality. A QB that lets you keep the ball, who doesnt put your D in bad positions and who can make big plays late ( which even the most anti Tebow people cant say he didnt do) will win you games. Just the way it is. LIke I said the guys not a full time starter if you have a decent option but if you want me to believe Kellen Clemmons is a better option than Tebow then you are fucking looney tunes.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos won 7 regular season games with Tebow at QB in 2011. Here are the points totals conceded in those 7 wins:

By my reckoning that's 5 wins by the defense, 1 win by Tebow, and 1 push. The Broncos also managed to lose a game with Tebow at QB when they only conceded 7 points.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice numbers fastforward. He also had solid receivers (young, yes) who are now the two biggest pieces of the league's best passing offense (not ignoring Manning but that's not a fair comparison and the fact that the offense is able to do what they are doing is a point in their favor) and a respectable running game around him. He had plenty around him to be productive.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FF - how many points did the Rams D allow in their wins last year?

You can talk all you want, but the fact is that Broncos team was 1-4 right? Then went on to win the division and beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Tebow just so happened to get the start in game 6. How many 4th Q comebacks did he have in a row? LOL Tebow does get the troops going. He wants the ball even if he's not the best QB, he steps up and has balls to try to make plays. He even takes some hits to get those 2-3 yards when needed. And most importantly he brings out the best in everyone because he's playing his heart out. How can you possibly hate a guy like that? 2 time National BCS Champ and yes he has an AFC WEST championship too.

That's contagious! All his teammates have always loved him. I doubt Clemens is going to the most out of the talent on the field for the Rams. Not for certain, but I highly doubt it.