• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

is this the best roster gruden has had to work with here?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not the requirements you and others were selling me

so if he is better , and KC would get a playoff win with thos team , then you agree an NFC championship game is in order for the better qb ?

KC never got a playoff win. So if Smith get a playoff win you can say he is better. Why does Smith have to be in the NFC Championship to validate the trade?

IF we get to 10 wins the trade is validated.
IF we get a playoff win the trade is validated.
IF Smith has 30 total Td's the trade is validated.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC never got a playoff win. So if Smith get a playoff win you can say he is better. Why does Smith have to be in the NFC Championship to validate the trade?

If we get ten wins and Minnesota gets 10 wins, the trade is not validated.
If we get a playoff win and Minnesota gets a playoff win, the trade is not validated.
How would the trade be validated if AS only equals what KC did when we gave up a third and Fuller for him?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KC didnt have the team you say CDC has now . i am saying KC gets a playoff win with this team so CDC should get 2 playoff wins if he is BETTER . why are you so afraid to man up and believe in your guy ? instead we try to change the question

and calling 30 total tds as validation while giving up 2 assets is foolish and laughable

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC didnt have the team you say CDC has now . i am saying KC gets a playoff win with this team so CDC should get 2 playoff wins if he is BETTER . why are you so afraid to man up and believe in your guy ? instead we try to change the question

and calling 30 total tds as validation while giving up 2 assets is foolish and laughable

why are you calling him CDC when he was a great downfield passer last year? Man up? Im one of the only ones who is thrilled by the Smith trade and is all in on him 100%.. KC had the team in 2016 and couldn't close it out. I believe in him Smith, you and other continue to bash him and the weapons around him. I will go on record and say that the offense will not be the problem in 2018.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you calling him CDC when he was a great downfield passer last year? Man up? Im one of the only ones who is thrilled by the Smith trade and is all in on him 100%.. KC had the team in 2016 and couldn't close it out. I believe in him Smith, you and other continue to bash him and the weapons around him. I will go on record and say that the offense will not be the problem in 2018.

the man up and put it out there instead of dodging , nfc title game is the standard . i dont care about outlier years , he is CDC historically . KC has never had a team in DC like this one could be . what a joke

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the man up and put it out there instead of dodging , nfc title game is the standard . i dont care about outlier years , he is CDC historically . KC has never had a team in DC like this one could be . what a joke

so there is the built in excuse. Judging Smith on getting to the nfc title game is a joke. If he succeeds you better run b/c you are from the camp of if we don't have KC we cant survive. If Cousins falls flat on his face in Min that would be hilarious.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so there is the built in excuse. Judging Smith on getting to the nfc title game is a joke. If he succeeds you better run b/c you are from the camp of if we don't have KC we cant survive. If Cousins falls flat on his face in Min that would be hilarious.

no the joke is , if you say one guy is better , and the first guy can get you a playoff win , then why wont you step up and say NFC title game is the expectation .

and i wont run because i doubted CDC was the 2nd coming . i will happily eat the crow

now after dancing around for half the day man up and put the expectation out

because i damn sure we didnt give up 2 young assets to tread water because you didnt like a talented qb

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people here believe this is Gruden’s best roster. If that is true and Alex Smith is better than KC, then AS should do more than make the playoffs...KC did that. AS should make a deep run...

Unless this isn’t the best roster or more than likely AS is an inferior QB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no the joke is , if you say one guy is better , and the first guy can get you a playoff win , then why wont you step up and say NFC title game is the expectation .

and i wont run because i doubted CDC was the 2nd coming . i will happily eat the crow

now after dancing around for half the day man up and put the expectation out

because i damn sure we didnt give up 2 young assets to tread water because you didnt like a talented qb

What more do I have to say about Smith? I expect him to succeed here. The first guy didn't get us a playoff win. The offense doesn't lose a step by having Smith. You have been complaining since the trade. NFC title game is a big ask. If we get a playoff win Redskins nation should be more than pleased. Getting a playoff win is not treading water b/c we never got one. Its an improvement.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What more do I have to say about Smith? I expect him to succeed here. The first guy didn't get us a playoff win. The offense doesn't lose a step by having Smith. You have been complaining since the trade. NFC title game is a big ask. If we get a playoff win Redskins nation should be more than pleased. Getting a playoff win is not treading water b/c we never got one. Its an improvement.

then why are you selling me that CDC is a better qb when you dont believe he can win 2 playoff games ?
KC would get one with this team . better is 2 .

did we give up a starting cb and a 3rd rounder to get just one win and call it success?

we gave that up for a 34 yr old and 71 mil guaranteed ? for one playoff win ?

no i bet you fear CDC wont deliver a super bowl before he is wheeled off so you encourage lower expectations and hope you are right

believe me you have 3 years of me applying your BS to CDC , have fun

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i have been complaining because the trade was unneeded and a panic move by our FO who caused this situation with their lack of foresight

CDC the FA signing would have been acceptable not the dumb ASS trade

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then why are you selling me that CDC is a better qb when you dont believe he can win 2 playoff games ?
KC would get one with this team . better is 2 .

did we give up a starting cb and a 3rd rounder to get just one win and call it success?

we gave that up for a 34 yr old and 71 mil guaranteed ? for one playoff win ?

no i bet you fear CDC wont deliver a super bowl before he is wheeled off so you encourage lower expectations and hope you are right

believe me you have 3 years of me applying your BS to CDC , have fun

I believe he will be better for us. Just my opinion. We gave up Fuller and a 3rd to get a winning QB. KC was gone regardless you refuse to realize this. Fuller and the 3rd mean nothing if we win a playoff game. Smith can make us relevant in the years to come. Once again run and hide if we succeed.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he will be better for us. Just my opinion. We gave up Fuller and a 3rd to get a winning QB. KC was gone regardless you refuse to realize this. Fuller and the 3rd mean nothing if we win a playoff game. Smith can make us relevant in the years to come. Once again run and hide if we succeed.

well i am glad you arent a GM because it was a foolish panic move . we could have signed keenum and kept the player and assets .

you also keep bringing up that "KC was GONE " . of course he was but that didnt require a panic move .

CDC wont make us relevant , the team and better players might , but CDC is a career bus driver not a guy who elevates players which you tried selling us

as for running and hiding , that is your game , i can take the heat if i am wrong

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have signed Keenan um no Keenan could have said NO .. Alex was a sure thing once we new Kirk was leaving no matter what no fighting for him in free agencie etc etc

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Alex we got guice and payne without Alex your looking Rudolph and insert rb here

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Alex we got guice and payne without Alex your looking Rudolph and insert rb here

With Alex, we got Guice and Payne.

Without Alex, we would have had the same opportunity for Guice and Payne, Fuller, and Rudolph with the third we traded. We could have gone with McCoy or another FA QB that would have cost much less than Smith and after all, that is why you guys didn’t want KC right?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we got a better QB. Better in accuracy and mobility. He has the weapons to get it done.

definitely NOT better in accuracy. Kirk has got to be one of the most accurate QBs in the entire NFL. He has touch like I've never seen a Redskins QB have

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks on paper like the best roster. makes since why the redskins went out and got the best qb available. windows of success are short for most teams in the nfl.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we gave up to many resources to get what we got which is at best and equal to what we had

our first option was to resign our guy , the one we drafted and developed . we should have treated him fairly and reaped the benefits of him

once resigning him was untenable we should have signed an FA and then drafted a qb

the last thing should have been trading for a qb , a 34 yr old one at that

i have seen brunell , i have seen DMAC , and i am sorry but another 34 yr old qb isnt any kind of long term fix

the problem with the trade is a long standing issue here with our teams decision makers and our fan base and that is taking short cuts and trying for quick fixes

we should be trying to compete for super bowls , not settling for one year playoff wins and be happy with that

last season both the eagles and cowboys swept us and we split with the giants . 1-5 in the division and that isnt conducive to long term success

in my opinion we need to value our draft picks , develop and keep our draft picks through their primes and draft their replacements at the right time . this past season we lost 5 of our guys entering their primes and have lesser replacements and we lost a valuable 3rd rounder

winning football teams dont do this

i want a long term successful team not an every other year we might win a playoff game one

right not we look like a 3rd place team with a chance to perhaps make a run for second . and we arent a lock for a wildcard