• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

is this the best roster gruden has had to work with here?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively it is. Offensively from a running game perspective it should be. From a passing perspective we'll have to see. I'm of the opinion that KC is a better QB than AS and our WRs have done nothing as a group of note so that's up in the air for me as well.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively it is. Offensively from a running game perspective it should be. From a passing perspective we'll have to see. I'm of the opinion that KC is a better QB than AS and our WRs have done nothing as a group of note so that's up in the air for me as well.

Hey.. no qualifying arguments allowed. :pound:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say no. The talent level at WR is lacking to say the least. Our TEs, while there should be talent there, we need to question the talent at this point because it is old and hasn’t been on the field for two or three years. Our OL has a huge gap, the largest gap yet, at LG and our LT is getting up there.

Defensively, this is the best he has had, if it can stay healthy. It is the best we have had simply because of the front 5. ILB is still questionable and this is the worst secondary we have had.

As for QB, we have put improvement in place for Smith. If we can produce a top ten run game and a top ten defense, we should be a top ten team. It would have been nice to have these other assets prior to his arrival.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tend to agree with this

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we lose Kirk and gotten better how bout dat

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the offense plays better with Alex smith

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the offense plays better with Alex smith

Maybe. I'll be giddy as shit if that happens. Hell, I hope it happens. I'll be happy to admit I was wrong about AS and while Allen will still be a triflin dickhead. I'll give him props as well.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you group our WR's and TE's together we have done more than nothing. CT is a proven 3rd down back. Doctson had 6 td last year. Crowder is a proven slot WR. Richardson has deep threat capabilities. Smith has more than enough weapons to succeed in the passing game.

So Breed are you saying that Cousins and Mahomes will have better stat years than Smith?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we lose Kirk and gotten better how bout dat

Read the headline coach, it says "is this the best roster under Jay Gruden" If it is it would have also been the best roster under Cousin's if he was still here. Do you think before you say anything?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you group our WR's and TE's together we have done more than nothing. CT is a proven 3rd down back. Doctson had 6 td last year. Crowder is a proven slot WR. Richardson has deep threat capabilities. Smith has more than enough weapons to succeed in the passing game.

So Breed are you saying that Cousins and Mahomes will have better stat years than Smith?

crowder is proven , richardson EH , but i hope he does improve , DOX is going into essentially yr 2 and he will be 26 . does smith have better weapons then KC had last year ? yep he does with a good RB and richardson should outpace TP , a healthy Reed will make a difference as will a healthy o/line .

the defense is way better then anything KC had

if we are winning then CDC shouldnt have better stats because for us to win we need a top 10-15 defense and a top 5 running game . i dont see CDC elevating the wr corp. they will either be better then advertised or they will suck

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a healthy Reed we win the east when reed is healthy we win period

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crowder is proven , richardson EH , but i hope he does improve , DOX is going into essentially yr 2 and he will be 26 . does smith have better weapons then KC had last year ? yep he does with a good RB and richardson should outpace TP , a healthy Reed will make a difference as will a healthy o/line .

the defense is way better then anything KC had

if we are winning then CDC shouldnt have better stats because for us to win we need a top 10-15 defense and a top 5 running game . i dont see CDC elevating the wr corp. they will either be better then advertised or they will suck

Grudens offense is focused on the passing game. So 27-30 Total Td's is not out of the question for Smith. Our running game should be better this year so it should help this offense out a lot. Kc averaged 4000 yards and 30 TD's with no running game. I don't see Smith has a drop off.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the headline coach, it says "is this the best roster under Jay Gruden" If it is it would have also been the best roster under Cousin's if he was still here. Do you think before you say anything?

PLease refer to post #4 in this thread.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CT is not a WR, but I think he's a part of the passing game. I wish he was a bigger part of the it. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could from the slot personally. He's our most electric player and while he's not completely wasted as a RB. I think he's better suited for 70-80 receptions a year as opposed to 80 carries. He's injury prone though, just like Jordan Reed and possibly Doctson might be. 25 players had 7 TD rec or more last year, Doctson's 6 isn't some hellified thing. Yeah Crowder is a good player and Richardson has deep threat capabilities. Neither have worked with AS.

I didn't say that. I said I think KC is a better QB than AS.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Smith was a poor choice. My complaint is we could have had Cousin's this year @ about $20 million (what he signed for on his first tag.) I think we all knew he nor the FO was going to sign him this past off season. I am going to root for him. I am excited about Guice. I am looking forward to have a much better Dline.

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as long as Alex Smith has a good running game to fall back on he will be fine..........I mean the 2 weakness's that killed us last season was the inability to run the ball and stop the run......Skins invested in both. I think Guice is the real deal and am very excited about this upcoming season.