• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

is this the best roster gruden has had to work with here?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If made, that argument would fail. And I mean, Dead On Arrival.

With the 2017 Chiefs, he had pro bowlers at all 3 skill spots:
RB K.Hunt 1,300yds rushing, 455yds receiving, 11 TDs
WR T.Hill 1,183yds receiving, 7 TDs
TE T.Kelce 1,038yds receiving, 8 TDs

Washington doesn't have weapons that come anywhere close to that.

Literally, our best players at each of those positions had half the production.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If made, that argument would fail. And I mean, Dead On Arrival.

With the 2017 Chiefs, he had pro bowlers at all 3 skill spots:
RB K.Hunt 1,300yds rushing, 455yds receiving, 11 TDs
WR T.Hill 1,183yds receiving, 7 TDs
TE T.Kelce 1,038yds receiving, 8 TDs

Washington doesn't have weapons that come anywhere close to that.

The Skins have a better group of TE's and WR's than KC. CT And Guice should be enough in the backfield. Plus the Skins have a better oline than KC. So yes there is a strong argument that he has a better overall offense than KC.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins have a better group of TE's and WR's than KC. CT And Guice should be enough in the backfield. Plus the Skins have a better oline than KC. So yes there is a strong argument that he has a better overall offense than KC.
i dont think so at all . we have very little in the actual production dept . maybe some potential but certainly not proven

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, you're trying to move the goalposts. You said, "You can make the argument that Smith has more weapons now then he has ever had." Weapons means skill players--WRs, TEs, RBs. Period.

Second, let's address the weapons. We've already established that the best Chief skill players are better than the best Skins skill players. BUT, maybe ya think the Skins now have better overall weapons than Smith had last year in KC? The answer is still no.

--The top 2 Skins at WR, RB, and TE don't equal the production of the top ONE Chief

--The top 3 Skins at RB and TE don't equal the production of the top TWO Chiefs

--The top 3 Skins at WR (including Richardson) have 45yds and 5 TDs more than the top THREE Chiefs

Third, let's talk about "the overall offense." Since you think the Skins have a "better overall offense" (including the OL) than KC had last year, then the Skins should have little trouble out-producing KC's 2017 offense. The Chiefs offense scored 388 points (24/game), and gained 6,007yds (375/game). The Skins haven't had an offensive season like that since 2012. And before that, it goes all the way back to 1999. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26 and 23 TDs are Smith's career highs in TD passes, his TD/INT ratio is roughly 2 to 1, he's thrown for 4000 or more yards once and with a career 6.9 ypc. He's done his share of dinking n dunking, playing it safe, playing not to lose, etc etc however you wanna label it in his 12 year career. There's nothing about Smith's numbers that say bloated in any shape, form, or fashion.

Smith, at least imo, epitomizes the middle of the road game manager QB to a tee. He probably won't lose you a game, but he's not gonna win you many either. At least not when it truly counts as his W/L record in the playoffs seems to attest to. Smith's only saving grace, again, imo, is that the last 4 years of his career have pretty much been the best stretch of his career. I'm thinking, hoping really, that Smith has went Rich Gannon on us.

Nyseke has promise....though maybe not at LG. Yeah, I'm putting a whole lot on a rookie RB, rookie DL and a 2nd year DL this year as well.

Nice call on Rich Gannon. Hoping for the same thing.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, you're trying to move the goalposts. You said, "You can make the argument that Smith has more weapons now then he has ever had." Weapons means skill players--WRs, TEs, RBs. Period.

Second, let's address the weapons. We've already established that the best Chief skill players are better than the best Skins skill players. BUT, maybe ya think the Skins now have better overall weapons than Smith had last year in KC? The answer is still no.

--The top 2 Skins at WR, RB, and TE don't equal the production of the top ONE Chief

--The top 3 Skins at WR (including Richardson) have 45yds and 5 TDs more than the top THREE Chiefs

Third, let's talk about "the overall offense." Since you think the Skins have a "better overall offense" (including the OL) than KC had last year, then the Skins should have little trouble out-producing KC's 2017 offense. The Chiefs offense scored 388 points (24/game), and gained 6,007yds (375/game). The Skins haven't had an offensive season like that since 2012. And before that, it goes all the way back to 1999. I wouldn't hold my breath.
you shouldnt cloud the issue with facts buddy , or you get the goal post movement . i refer you to the 3 yr KC debate :suds:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Kelce is not equal to Reed and Davis? I think its a wash. Yes the Skins have better overall Wr's than the Chiefs. By adding Richardson they should have there deep threat. Crowder is a good slot WR and Doctson can make big plays on the outside. The Chiefs had one WR who produced. He was basically a speed demon. Smith has good quality Te's, a speed demon WR, a Slot WR who can get open, and a big WR who can out jump anybody. So yea the weapons are there. He has 4 to 5 great options to move the ball.

Plus that doesn't even count CT in the Rb passing game. Smith has the tools to succeed. If everyone is healthy there are no excuses.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you shouldnt cloud the issue with facts buddy , or you get the goal post movement . i refer you to the 3 yr KC debate :suds:

fact is KC is gone.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I forgot about the Chiefs adding Watkins that does help there WR core out.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kelce is not equal to Reed and Davis? I think its a wash.
I notice that you say that, but back it up with zero facts. If you’re making a judgment call, Then you’re ignoring the facts. Kelce has an All Pro, 3 Pro Bowls, TWO 1,000 yards seasons and TWO seasons of 860yds or more in a 5 year career (where he missed his entire rookie season). Over their entire careers, Reed and Davis can’t match that combined.

Reed has started 28 games in his entire 5yr career. The man can’t stay healthy. Davis is 34 and the best seasons of his career were EIGHT years ago. Let’s put it this way, the Skins would trade every TE on their roster for Kelce, and so would most of the GMs in the NFL. It’s not a question of if Kelce is better—it’s a question of by how much.

Yes the Skins have better overall Wr's than the Chiefs.
Would you rather have a WR1 that gets 1,100-1,400yds and a WR2 that gets 400-500, or 3 WRs that, in their best seasons, have gotten between 600-850yds apiece? Again, that should be an easy question. Think about it—you’re actually counting on all 3 of the Skins WRs to have CAREER BEST seasons next year...suffice it to say that that is...unlikely.

So yea the weapons are there.
No one is saying Smith doesn’t have weapons in Washington. You said it could be argued that he has better weapons in DC than he has ever had anywhere else. I pointed out that such an argument doesn’t hold any water.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins don’t have a WR or any player named Watkins. Maybe you should take a break and come back when you’re clear on which players on your team...:D

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskin are doomed because we don' have weapons like chiefs .. Really Really is this even a debate wow so chiefs has set the bar for nfl weapons??

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskin are doomed because we don' have weapons like chiefs .. Really Really is this even a debate wow so chiefs has set the bar for nfl weapons??

Well...

League leading rusher
7th leading WR, who was third in yards after catch but had 17 fewer catches than number 2.
Number two TE

So yes...I would say they have the bar set.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be a good division besides the cowboys.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon coach, you have to be able to figure out that it is a comparison of what Smith had last versus what he has this year.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My previous kidding post aside, it's too bad we didn't get to see what Smith could do with Watkins and Hill playing together. Watkins has to be better than Albert Wilson.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26 and 23 TDs are Smith's career highs in TD passes, his TD/INT ratio is roughly 2 to 1, he's thrown for 4000 or more yards once and with a career 6.9 ypc. He's done his share of dinking n dunking, playing it safe, playing not to lose, etc etc however you wanna label it in his 12 year career. There's nothing about Smith's numbers that say bloated in any shape, form, or fashion.

Smith, at least imo, epitomizes the middle of the road game manager QB to a tee. He probably won't lose you a game, but he's not gonna win you many either. At least not when it truly counts as his W/L record in the playoffs seems to attest to. Smith's only saving grace, again, imo, is that the last 4 years of his career have pretty much been the best stretch of his career. I'm thinking, hoping really, that Smith has went Rich Gannon on us.

Nyseke has promise....though maybe not at LG. Yeah, I'm putting a whole lot on a rookie RB, rookie DL and a 2nd year DL this year as well.

I wasn't speaking of Smith. The second point you mention sounds like the last QB that was here. So essentially, we traded one younger middle of the road game manager for another. Not a decision I would have made running this team however, one that was made by apparently, NFL smart people. I certainly question the move. What Smith did last year however, is prove he had a higher ceiling and improved his overall game. I'm hoping, praying he can maintain or improve on those numbers this season along with a much healthier team, upgraded DL and RB position. I'm still concerned about our WR position as Richardson may not be ready for an increased role, Doctson needs to step up but no primary veteran backup behind them (Quick doesn't count) I also look for Crowder to step up this season since last season I believe his issues in the return game affected his slot play.