• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

is this the best roster gruden has had to work with here?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins have a better group of TE's and WR's than KC. CT And Guice should be enough in the backfield. Plus the Skins have a better oline than KC. So yes there is a strong argument that he has a better overall offense than KC.
Dude, are you serious?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I notice that you say that, but back it up with zero facts. If you’re making a judgment call, Then you’re ignoring the facts. Kelce has an All Pro, 3 Pro Bowls, TWO 1,000 yards seasons and TWO seasons of 860yds or more in a 5 year career (where he missed his entire rookie season). Over their entire careers, Reed and Davis can’t match that combined.

Reed has started 28 games in his entire 5yr career. The man can’t stay healthy. Davis is 34 and the best seasons of his career were EIGHT years ago. Let’s put it this way, the Skins would trade every TE on their roster for Kelce, and so would most of the GMs in the NFL. It’s not a question of if Kelce is better—it’s a question of by how much.

Would you rather have a WR1 that gets 1,100-1,400yds and a WR2 that gets 400-500, or 3 WRs that, in their best seasons, have gotten between 600-850yds apiece? Again, that should be an easy question. Think about it—you’re actually counting on all 3 of the Skins WRs to have CAREER BEST seasons next year...suffice it to say that that is...unlikely.

No one is saying Smith doesn’t have weapons in Washington. You said it could be argued that he has better weapons in DC than he has ever had anywhere else. I pointed out that such an argument doesn’t hold any water.

He has the talent to succeed. IMO all the players I mentioned will make Smith a good QB.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the talent to succeed. IMO all the players I mentioned will make Smith a good QB.
Since Smith was traded to DC, I have said he had the right tools to do well in Washington. He is at his best throwing over the middle, up the seam, and in the flat. He does well on the roll out and hitting slants. The skins have the right kind of slot WR, RBs and TEs for Smith’s strengths. He doesn’t need top level outside WRs (which works for the Skins!). Forget the deep ball—he’s had exactly ONE season in his entire career where he has consistently hit WRs on the deep ball.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins have a better group of TE's and WR's than KC. CT And Guice should be enough in the backfield. Plus the Skins have a better oline than KC. So yes there is a strong argument that he has a better overall offense than KC.

If it seems like you're being picked on. I don't think that's the case. Its just that you've made some bold assertions in your last few posts that are at the very best, extremely debatable. Take for instance your Redskins have a better OL than KC opinion. Just looking at team rushing stats for the last 3 years and I'm hard-pressed to figure out how you say the Skins OL rates as equal or better to the Chiefs OL. At least from a running the ball perspective.

Now its possible that the Chiefs were just more committed to running the ball than the Skins and therein lies their advantage to running the ball more successfully than the Skins have over the last 3 years.

At the same time I'd opine that pass blocking-wise the Skins OL is indeed better than the Chiefs OL. Here's the wild card though. Up to last year KC was a hit his mark and get rid of the ball type QB. Without question KC helped the Skins OL from a pass protection standpoint with his playing style. How much did KC help the OL is the real question here.

Aside from all that though. Until the Skins in their present form get out there and play some games. They are essentially as dad alluded to in a post of his. In the "they have potential" zone. They have no numbers playing together as a unit so by almost default. I have to rank the Chiefs OL and their skill players as better than the Skins OL and skill players. Its not a knock against the Skins though. More like they're an unknown factor up to this point in time.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Smith was traded to DC, I have said he had the right tools to do well in Washington. He is at his best throwing over the middle, up the seam, and in the flat. He does well on the roll out and hitting slants. The skins have the right kind of slot WR, RBs and TEs for Smith’s strengths. He doesn’t need top level outside WRs (which works for the Skins!). Forget the deep ball—he’s had exactly ONE season in his entire career where he has consistently hit WRs on the deep ball.

Doctson was drafted to be a top level outside Wr with ridiculous vertical and makes circus catches. Smith never had a guy like him. Smith has the slot guy, deep ball guy, and the big WR guy. He has the TE to dominate over the middle of the field. This is why I think he has his best weapons ever. He has everything needed for an offense to succeed. Im not taking anything from Hill or Kelece they are great players.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it seems like you're being picked on. I don't think that's the case. Its just that you've made some bold assertions in your last few posts that are at the very best, extremely debatable. Take for instance your Redskins have a better OL than KC opinion. Just looking at team rushing stats for the last 3 years and I'm hard-pressed to figure out how you say the Skins OL rates as equal or better to the Chiefs OL. At least from a running the ball perspective.

Now its possible that the Chiefs were just more committed to running the ball than the Skins and therein lies their advantage to running the ball more successfully than the Skins have over the last 3 years.

At the same time I'd opine that pass blocking-wise the Skins OL is indeed better than the Chiefs OL. Here's the wild card though. Up to last year KC was a hit his mark and get rid of the ball type QB. Without question KC helped the Skins OL from a pass protection standpoint with his playing style. How much did KC help the OL is the real question here.

Aside from all that though. Until the Skins in their present form get out there and play some games. They are essentially as dad alluded to in a post of his. In the "they have potential" zone. They have no numbers playing together as a unit so by almost default. I have to rank the Chiefs OL and their skill players as better than the Skins OL and skill players. Its not a knock against the Skins though. More like they're an unknown factor up to this point in time.

Actually Smith has better escape ability , plus is faster than KC. I think our OT's and Sherff are better than what KC has. With all the weapons everyone should be excited about the offense. We added the deep threat that we desperately needed. We added a RB that we desperately needed. If Reed stays healthy we are a force on offense.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More like rational thinking, thanks Breed!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doctson was drafted to be a top level outside Wr with ridiculous vertical and makes circus catches. Smith never had a guy like him. Smith has the slot guy, deep ball guy, and the big WR guy. He has the TE to dominate over the middle of the field. This is why I think he has his best weapons ever. He has everything needed for an offense to succeed. Im not taking anything from Hill or Kelece they are great players.

Doctson was drafted to be that guy but hasn’t exactly been good at it in the NFL. Smith is not that type of QB and you seem to forget he had Dwayne Bowe and Travis Kelce...he also had Vernon Davis...all have the physical ability to go up and get it.

Maybe he has never had a slot receiver like JC but I would qualify Tyreek Hill as a slot and outside guy. Sorry but JC is no Hill.

Paul Richardson has done literally nothing in four years. I am sorry but he doesn’t instill fear in anybody.

Reed has never been as dominant as Kelce and has never been able to stay healthy.

You seem to think having below average guys that fit a theoretical stereotype is reason for hope. The only thing we improved offensively on this offseason was RB. The good news is, with Smith at QB, there was no better area to improve.

Also, you claim Smith has better escapability, which is untrue. He just looks to run more quickly.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make CDC a better qb ? i thought we were getting a qb that made the other wrs better ? that is what you were selling us wasnt it ? or did we move the goal post yet again? . or lower the bar ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make CDC a better qb ? i thought we were getting a qb that made the other wrs better ? that is what you were selling us wasnt it ? or did we move the goal post yet again? . or lower the bar ?

IMO we got a better QB. Better in accuracy and mobility. He has the weapons to get it done.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we got a better QB. Better in accuracy and mobility. He has the weapons to get it done.
dodged the question if he is better then why doesnt he elevate the wrs ? why is the 34 yr old CDC more acceptable when he didnt meet the requirements the ABC crowd established as traits in a qb ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dodged the question if he is better then why doesnt he elevate the wrs ? why is the 34 yr old CDC more acceptable when he didnt meet the requirements the ABC crowd established as traits in a qb ?

He meets the requirements. Stop being negative.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed has never been as dominant as Kelce and has never been able to stay healthy.

IMO Reed's 2015 season compares very favorably to any season Kelce has had. I don't think Reed is straight line faster than Kelce (who looked really fast a few years ago when Talib or anyone else couldn't catch him and turned a 10-12 pass comp into an 80 yd TD) but I do think Reed is quicker and more fluid. He has better hands as well I believe.

Rubber hits the road time though and you're more on point than Dean is about the TE comparison. Were it possible, I'd swap Reed out for Kelce faster than you could drop a hot crack pipe. Reed is simply too injury prone and undependable due to that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He meets the requirements. Stop being negative.

not the requirements you and others were selling me

so if he is better , and KC would get a playoff win with thos team , then you agree an NFC championship game is in order for the better qb ?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travis Kelce 83 catches for 1038 yards and 8 TDs.
Tyreek Hill 75 catches for 1138 yards and 7 TDs.
Kareem Hunt ran for 1327 and 8 TDs while receiving 53 catches for 455 yards and 3 more TDs.

Jamison Crowder 66 catches for 789 yards and three TDs
Josh Doctson 35 catches for 502 yards and 6 TDs.
Vernon Davis 43 receptions for 648 yards, and 3 TDs.
Jordan Reed 27 receptions for 211yards and 2TDs.
Chris Thompson 35 receptions 510 yards and 4 TDs.
Plus our rookie...

Compare away.