• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

is this the best roster gruden has had to work with here?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks on paper like the best roster. makes since why the redskins went out and got the best qb available. windows of success are short for most teams in the nfl.

they are settling for a ceiling of 9-10 wins with Alex Smith.

Alex Smith isnt a SB QB thats just the hard truth. I thought the goal was to win the SB? To Snyder and Allen the goal is to keep some interest and fill seats by putting together a semi competitive football team

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alex Smith isnt a SB QB thats just the hard truth. I thought the goal was to win the SB? To Snyder and Allen the goal is to keep some interest and fill seats by putting together a semi competitive football team
Yep, that is the intent, to be semi-competitive. :L

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that is the intent, to be semi-competitive. :L

show me that its not.

investing in a 33/34 year old qb who has never been to a conference finals with a better roster....

to me this was an ohhh shit.... a rebuild will cost us money but alex smith will keep the fans chasing the dangling carrot, keep fans interested in semi competitive football, and hopefully sell seats and jerseys

If the skins incompetent FO doesnt think Kirk Cousins is the guy that could take them to the next level that is fine... to an extent

so you would expect them to draft someone and find that guy not retread on an arguably worse and older option.... i'm okay with that logic. Alex Smith is illogical and it will be nearly impossible to convince me otherwise.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show me that its not.

investing in a 33/34 year old qb who has never been to a conference finals with a better roster....
Smith and the Niners were in the NFCCG in 2011. Lost to the NYG by 3 points in OT. If Kyle Williams doesn't fumble away TWO punts in that game, Alex Smith's Niners would've won the SB that year.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What more do I have to say about Smith? I expect him to succeed here. The first guy didn't get us a playoff win. The offense doesn't lose a step by having Smith. You have been complaining since the trade. NFC title game is a big ask. If we get a playoff win Redskins nation should be more than pleased. Getting a playoff win is not treading water b/c we never got one. Its an improvement.

Dean don't argue with the KC supporters. Let it be!!!!! Yes he may be a little long in the tooth but me and you like what he brings to the table. With an older, more mobile and more experience QB, we will not see him make same the mistakes that KC was making. KC is gone. Let's look at the bigger picture here now. We still have Gruden and that's a huge PROBLEM. I'm just tried of Gruden throwing the ball all over the dam place which means it’s hard for any RB to establish any rhythm. That's part of the reason why we are a below average football team. Unless he can figure out the RG, Gruden will be out of also.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean don't argue with the KC supporters. Let it be!!!!! Yes he may be a little long in the tooth but me and you like what he brings to the table. With an older, more mobile and more experience QB, we will not see him make same the mistakes that KC was making. KC is gone. Let's look at the bigger picture here now. We still have Gruden and that's a huge PROBLEM. I'm just tried of Gruden throwing the ball all over the dam place which means it’s hard for any RB to establish any rhythm. That's part of the reason why we are a below average football team. Unless he can figure out the RG, Gruden will be out of also.

I just find it amazing that anyone who is not onboard with the Smith move. Somehow Fuller and a 3rd round pick trump an successful QB who has won on this league.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it amazing that anyone who is not onboard with the Smith move. Somehow Fuller and a 3rd round pick trump an successful QB who has won on this league.

brunnell and mcnabb , both won in this league , both were 34 when acquired , both failed here . and we had a successful qb to start with

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Alex, we got Guice and Payne.

Without Alex, we would have had the same opportunity for Guice and Payne, Fuller, and Rudolph with the third we traded. We could have gone with McCoy or another FA QB that would have cost much less than Smith and after all, that is why you guys didn’t want KC right?
Wrong because Kirk would of left anyway so the first 2 picks would 1 of them would be qb .. Alex, payne Guice is better then fuller ,qb?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still don't under Stand Kirk was not coming back he even said in a interview in the first couple days of being a Viking him and his agent thought up of this big pay day plan 2 years ago

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still don't under Stand Kirk was not coming back he even said in a interview in the first couple days of being a Viking him and his agent thought up of this big pay day plan 2 years ago

And people such as you do not understand this isn’t about KC. It isn’t about a knee jerk reaction where we give up good quality youth for an aging QB with exactly one good year to his credit.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong because Kirk would of left anyway so the first 2 picks would 1 of them would be qb .. Alex, payne Guice is better then fuller ,qb?

Why would it have been a QB? We may not have been in position to take one that is worth it. We could have gone through FA and got a stop gap. And Rudolph was still there in the third.

Stop thinking in absolutes. Not getting Alex Smith does not mean we had to go with Lamar Jackson in round 1. Even if we did, it doesn’t mean AS was a better option, short or long term.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh alex, payne ,guice is better then qb? ,fuller

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show me that its not.

to me this was an ohhh shit.... a rebuild will cost us money but alex smith will keep the fans chasing the dangling carrot, keep fans interested in semi competitive football, and hopefully sell seats and jerseys

If the skins incompetent FO doesnt think Kirk Cousins is the guy that could take them to the next level that is fine... to an extent

so you would expect them to draft someone and find that guy not retread on an arguably worse and older option.... i'm okay with that logic. Alex Smith is illogical and it will be nearly impossible to convince me otherwise.
My point was NO TEAM try's to be semi-competitive whether you believe that or not. I get it, you and others did not approve of the trade to acquire Smith, that is fine also but don't let that cloud your judgment that this years team on paper is and will be competitive. We have holes just like many other teams have, we have some coaching deficiencies just like other teams do but what is most alarming, is we have a FO that operates unlike most organizations and while most do not approve, I'm pretty certain those FO people don't care what you or I think. To your point, we could and likely should have drafted a QB for the future but apparently that was not in the plans. My best guess is next year's draft will produce a rookie QB and McCoy or Hogan will be gone. I can almost certainly guarantee that plan has begun with identifying an upcoming college QB they target, reviewing film and certainly attending those upcoming games this college season. Regardless of what you think, there is a plan, just not yours.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach , how about at least understanding the debate before responding with nonsense

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people such as you do not understand this isn’t about KC. It isn’t about a knee jerk reaction where we give up good quality youth for an aging QB with exactly one good year to his credit.

and, gk "people such as you do not understand". it was about acquiring the best qb for this team who the redskins FO felt was good enough to win nfce right now.

"an aging qb with exactly one good year to his credit"...LOL. that statement alone, shows you have no fucking clue.

at least you have the broncos to cheer for....good luck with that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and, gk "people such as you do not understand". it was about acquiring the best qb for this team who the redskins FO felt was good enough to win nfce right now.

"an aging qb with exactly one good year to his credit"...LOL. that statement alone, shows you have no fucking clue.

at least you have the broncos to cheer for....good luck with that.
Sorry but we had other competent options then giving up 2 young assets do to a panic stricken bungling FO . I am sorry that offends you , but fans do have the right to question their teams moves

Now you have every right to blindly accept whatever the FO does is the greatest thing since sliced bread and you can worship the ground CDC walks on however don’t come here expecting blind Homerism from us . Doesn’t make us any less of a fan either

Now you want to talk about”getting over things “ ? Perhaps you should practice what you preach and let go trying to change our minds , instead of trollng every negative comment about your qb .

You can call us brothers and sisters till the cows come home but families disagree and riding in here on your white horse of feigned unity isnt playing on main street

This is. A redskins football message board where povs are brought forth and discussed not a pep rally or church revival

Now I am willing to bet his will go away if you would stop dumping gas on the fire but hey perhaps it going away isn’t what you really want

Now if you excuse I am gong to my CDC tape I posted on the OTA thread and pull a coach, country, dean sty , GT sparks and all the other ABC ers and overanalze and critique a slant pass thrown behind in a practice session for the next week calling him an overpaid bum!

You know much like KC got for the past 3 years . You know for those who were actually here or didn’t get amnesia since the ASS. Trade

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brunnell and mcnabb , both won in this league , both were 34 when acquired , both failed here . and we had a successful qb to start with

brunell and mcnabb weren't at the top of there games like Smith is.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree that AS very likely isn't a SB QB. Neither was Kirk, not with this team, though imo we'd have a better shot at the SB with KC at the helm of this team.

KC's a better QB than Alex imo, but there's not a 9-10 win ceiling to Super Bowl winning QB difference.