• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Marvin Harrison Jr. the best prospect for the 2024 NFL Draft?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Fields can support 2 stud WRs and his safety blanket Kmet. Diminishing returns for a #1 overall pick IMO.

yea I don't know that I love Chicago going Harrison if they keep Fields.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to make a decision on his 5th year option by March. Do they decline it and risk having to pay $50M per in 2025? Or do they pick it up and lock him in for 2024 and 2025, making any QB they might pick in 2025 sit a year?

IMO, the time to trade him is now, since he's been playing pretty well and bolstering his trade value.
It still gives them another year to evaluate him. If they pick him up for 2024 and 2025 it will cost them around $6 million in 2024 and $20 million in 2025. That's pennies these days.

They may get a 2nd round pick for him in a trade this offseason, but I think that might be too high. If they see a higher upside with him, they need to keep him. Although if they draft a QB and she shows out immediately, they won't care.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you spend a #1 pick on a WR, especially with so many teams dying for a QB right now. Is Harrison worth more than two first round draft picks, and probably another 2nd or 3rd round pick?

If the Bears stick with Fields, they have to trade that #1 pick. It is just too valuable to spend on guy who is likely only touching the ball around 10 times a game. Trade it and pick up 3-4 starters for that one pick.
Fields need one more credible target in the passing game, but the biggest the Bears need is a running game. They can get a RB any time after their first pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea I don't know that I love Chicago going Harrison if they keep Fields.

If they're keeping Fields, they should trade down and get as much future draft capital as they can for that #1 pick. That could increase their chances to go QB in 2025 or 2026 if Fields doesn't get to the level where they want to heavily invest in him. The difference between Harrison and Nabers/Odunze isn't as big as the rankings make it seem. Hell, with DJ Moore as their #1, they could get a great WR2 in the second round (maybe AD Mitchell, Brian Thomas, Ladd McConkey, Devontez Walker, Tony Franklin, etc etc. There are a ton of WR in this draft and they can't all go in the 1st.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields need one more credible target in the passing game, but the biggest the Bears need is a running game. They can get a RB any time after their first pick.

But if you keep Fields, do you spend your #1 pick on Harrison, knowing it's likely worth 3-4 high picks in a trade?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still gives them another year to evaluate him. If they pick him up for 2024 and 2025 it will cost them around $6 million in 2024 and $20 million in 2025. That's pennies these days.

They may get a 2nd round pick for him in a trade this offseason, but I think that might be too high. If they see a higher upside with him, they need to keep him. Although if they draft a QB and she shows out immediately, they won't care.

They are likely to change OC (if not head coach) again this offseason. How many coach/OC changes can you put a QB through and expect him to continue to develop on schedule?

I would expect Fields to get at least a 2nd and a future conditional 3rd, if not more. His play down the stretch is really helping that value.

Expecting the Bears to do what I think makes sense is risky business, so who knows how they will handle this lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is great depth at WR in this draft. They don't need #1 overall to add a WR2.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The Bears need to either trade Fields right away and pick their QB or keep Fields and pick Harrison Jr. to go with Moore in that offense. Than use their own picks to fill the other needs. If they are keeping Fields, they need to get a good OC and QB coach because he needs to get up to NFL speed as a QB. His reads and progressions are way too slow right now.
I do think Harrison Jr compliments Moore really well.

The gist I get is that moving on from Fields would cause a pretty big uproar at this point. I do think there is a great argument to move on. There was a great argument to move on last year. I'm just not sure NFL teams operate with the priority on the long-term when they have a .500 team.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Nice retort. I know, I had a couple of typos there’s
Penix is very good and Odunze is fantastic but the other two are good but not great. I really like Polk but he's a standout more because of the system and not his skill.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Harrison Jr compliments Moore really well.

The gist I get is that moving on from Fields would cause a pretty big uproar at this point. I do think there is a great argument to move on. There was a great argument to move on last year. I'm just not sure NFL teams operate with the priority on the long-term when they have a .500 team.

Other than the Lions, they don't really have any good wins, maybe the Falcons ('Manders, Raiders, Panthers, Vikes, Cardinals are the others). The Packers are playing for their playoff lives, so I don't see the Bears winning this weekend either.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are likely to change OC (if not head coach) again this offseason. How many coach/OC changes can you put a QB through and expect him to continue to develop on schedule?

I would expect Fields to get at least a 2nd and a future conditional 3rd, if not more. His play down the stretch is really helping that value.

Expecting the Bears to do what I think makes sense is risky business, so who knows how they will handle this lol.

It doesn't matter about the OC, as much as it matters if they see a higher ceiling for Fields. Nothing gets you fired more quickly than trading away a QB, at the cusp of his prime years, and he blows up.

The good news is that the Bears have a ton of draft picks now to improve their team...even if they keep the #1.

I would last about 30 minutes as a GM of an NFL team, but I think from everything I've seen this past season from college QB's, I would trade back and give Fields another year if I were running the Bears. I think they could turn that #1 pick from Carolina into 4 fairly high draft picks. Then they can evaluate what they want to do next year with Fields, and have a ton of draft capital in making that decision.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Legit funny if someone makes Fields a starter, and pays starting QB level compensation, off of like 5 games.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the question of the thread, yes, I think Harrison Jr is the best player in this draft and I really hate the idea of the Bears getting him.

Best case scenario for the Bears is to have two QB hungry teams behind them (maybe New England and Washington), then trade the number 1 pick to one of them for a haul, then grabbing Harrison Jr at the 2 or 3 spot.

I can't imagine Harrison Jr getting by the Cards and/or Giants right now.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Legit funny if someone makes Fields a starter, and pays starting QB level compensation, off of like 5 games.

I think they likely get a 3rd round pick at besty, although they may be able to talk a team into a 2nd round pick for him.

That #1 pick is WAY too valuable, and there just isn't a bonafide QB prospect this year, in my opinion. I roll the dice on Fields for 2024, and trade back the #1 pick, getting a handful of nice picks in return.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its entirely possible that the Bears wont be able to trade back if there is more than 1 QB prospect that teams like. Washington sitting at 2 might be cool with whoever and if they keep Fields then he'll want Harrison. This is where the Bears commit to who they are moving forward. Not really a trade back and get cute moment imo but it could be if all of the dominoes line up.

Washington, Patriots and Giants all should go QB in the top 5. If someone trades up with the Cards, then the Giants might want to jump up further (or maybe someone wants to jump all the way up (Atlanta?). Raiders, Vikings, Broncos, maybe the Saints, Seahawks would have to give up a ton to get there, maybe it's too far?

How many QBs do you expect to go top 10? I would project 3, maybe 4 (with teams trading up to get that 4th). Now if the Bears also go QB, then you've got even more demand for those 4 guys (I see Nix at least a tier lower than my top 4). 6-9 needy teams in the current top 15 and 5 viable first round QBs IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they likely get a 3rd round pick at besty, although they may be able to talk a team into a 2nd round pick for him.

That #1 pick is WAY too valuable, and there just isn't a bonafide QB prospect this year, in my opinion. I roll the dice on Fields for 2024, and trade back the #1 pick, getting a handful of nice picks in return.

No bonafide QB prospect? Really?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're keeping Fields, they should trade down and get as much future draft capital as they can for that #1 pick. That could increase their chances to go QB in 2025 or 2026 if Fields doesn't get to the level where they want to heavily invest in him. The difference between Harrison and Nabers/Odunze isn't as big as the rankings make it seem. Hell, with DJ Moore as their #1, they could get a great WR2 in the second round (maybe AD Mitchell, Brian Thomas, Ladd McConkey, Devontez Walker, Tony Franklin, etc etc. There are a ton of WR in this draft and they can't all go in the 1st.
Very deep draft at WR.