• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Marvin Harrison Jr. the best prospect for the 2024 NFL Draft?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY reason a team will trade up with the Bears is obviously in the hunt for a franchise QB or obviously Caleb. Nobody is trading those picks for Harrison Jr, as great of a prospect he is (possibly generational at the WR position). Also, the Bears biggest need is not WR. Depth, sure, but they need to work on their OL and defense too. They have multiple needs so I think the move is trade down from #1 and get another haul.

If they can acquire a player to the caliber of Moore and future picks that would be ideal. They won't get as much if they trade to 2 or 3 then say 6-8 slot. I think they could get 2 1st's and a player or 3 1st's if they trade down out of the top 5 honestly. I'm sure there are teams that want Caleb badly even though I am not on that train.

I think the Bears will keep Fields and even though Harrison Jr is great I don't think you select him at #1 instead of taking a possible big haul for drafting down. That just wouldn't make sense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY reason a team will trade up with the Bears is obviously in the hunt for a franchise QB or obviously Caleb. Nobody is trading those picks for Harrison Jr, as great of a prospect he is (possibly generational at the WR position). Also, the Bears biggest need is not WR. Depth, sure, but they need to work on their OL and defense too. They have multiple needs so I think the move is trade down from #1 and get another haul.

If they can acquire a player to the caliber of Moore and future picks that would be ideal. They won't get as much if they trade to 2 or 3 then say 6-8 slot. I think they could get 2 1st's and a player or 3 1st's if they trade down out of the top 5 honestly. I'm sure there are teams that want Caleb badly even though I am not on that train.

I think the Bears will keep Fields and even though Harrison Jr is great I don't think you select him at #1 instead of taking a possible big haul for drafting down. That just wouldn't make sense.
The Giants should probably trade up for Harrison. They've been so bad at WR for so long now. Already paid their QB and RB.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants should probably trade up for Harrison. They've been so bad at WR for so long now. Already paid their QB and RB.
It makes sense for their team needs but they are paying that slapdick Danny Dimes so much money and giving away future picks for a WR seems like a longshot for any team

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense for their team needs but they are paying that slapdick Danny Dimes so much money and giving away future picks for a WR seems like a longshot for any team

props to him having a half ass good season to get paid and then fall apart again

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, could you kindly elaborate on this a bit? Inquiring minds want to know.

Do you think the OC deserves to stay? If the Fields move is botched, the GM could be gone. Eberflus has a terrible record overall and could be gone as well. Who else do you want to discuss? The DC should stay.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb Williams is the #1 pick in my opinion. I just don't see him as having the value of Trevor Lawrence. Last year he had that value as being an untouchable trade. This year, I don't see it so much. Although, what do I know? :D

Lawrence did not have better stats than Caleb (and he had that Clemson roster).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're already at #5. If they want WR, take Nabers. No trade up needed.

They should take QB IMO. Dimes will be back, but as a lame duck (the Giants can get out of his contract pretty cheaply after the 2024 season). As much as they appeared to overpay, it's basically only a 2 year contract.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence did not have better stats than Caleb (and he had that Clemson roster).
I don't think that matters. Lawrence was clearly a more valued prospect. It is true that it helped that he played with a better roster and in bigger games than Williams though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their OT are even decent. They drafted Darnell Wright in the 1st last year and Braxton Jones the year prior, outplaying his 5th round selection. They need interior OL, which you isn't good value in the early first.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that matters. Lawrence was clearly a more valued prospect. It is true that it helped that he played with a better roster and in bigger games than Williams though.

Taller white "golden boy" QB

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that matters. Lawrence was clearly a more valued prospect.
I'm not 100% sure thats actually true. We had Sean Payton last year talking about Williams as if he was one of the best prospects ever. I doubt he is the only one.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not 100% sure thats actually true. We had Sean Payton last year talking about Williams as if he was one of the best prospects ever. I doubt he is the only one.

You may be right, but why would the Bears even play Fields any longer if that were the case? If you know that you've got a generational talent, you go ahead and begin the preparation to get Fields out of town. There is nothing really more to be gained by playing him at this point. If the GM's in the NFL thought he was even the best QB prospect of the past 10 years, there would be no doubt that the Bears were moving on from Fields.

With Lawrence, there was no doubt that the Jags were drafting him. There wasn't going to be a trade offer that could change their minds. He was a generational talent that you have to take.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right, but why would the Bears even play Fields any longer if that were the case? If you know that you've got a generational talent, you go ahead and begin the preparation to get Fields out of town. There is nothing really more to be gained by playing him at this point. If the GM's in the NFL thought he was even the best QB prospect of the past 10 years, there would be no doubt that the Bears were moving on from Fields.

With Lawrence, there was no doubt that the Jags were drafting him. There wasn't going to be a trade offer that could change their minds. He was a generational talent that you have to take.
Thats a good question. Im guessing the Bears are just keeping open the idea that someone will make a really ridiculous trade for the #1 overall pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Jags had a first round QB they traded up for 3 years prior, there might have been some doubt. Until the Bears make their pick (or trade Fields), we won't know their intentions.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything with Caleb is his mental makeup and that he's not played any "bright light" games since ND and he ended that one crying in the stands.

He may very well be that dude but a lot of flags Lawrence didn't have.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a good question. Im guessing the Bears are just keeping open the idea that someone will make a really ridiculous trade for the #1 overall pick.

...or are trying to improve Fields' trade value

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But if he is even close to the "best prospect ever", you don't even play the game. I don't think anyone thinks that right now in the NFL. I think there is some debate on whether he should go #1 (which I think is silly, he has the most upside).

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Jags had a first round QB they traded up for 3 years prior, there might have been some doubt. Until the Bears make their pick (or trade Fields), we won't know their intentions.

There was never any doubt. He was near "Lebron James" type prospect status. A winner at every level is how he was marketed.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything with Caleb is his mental makeup and that he's not played any "bright light" games since ND and he ended that one crying in the stands.

He may very well be that dude but a lot of flags Lawrence didn't have.

Yeah, that's what I've been hearing too. Lawrence won the big games that Williams didn't. It may not be fair, as Lawrence had the better teams, but Lawrence checked off every box of a generational prospect, where Williams hasn't.

If Williams had even close to the same value that Lawrence had, there wouldn't even be a debate in Chicago right now. Fields would be on his way out come seasons end, and everyone would be talking about what the team with the #2 pick will do.