• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How far can these Lakers go...?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still need to iron out their substitution patterns and get used to playing together. This roster is pretty new to each other still, including the coaching staff. Lebron had some costly turnovers trying to force the ball into AD, who I think they wore out a bit with high usage this early in the season. The Clips were much more cohesive even without George last night, at least once they dipped into their bench.

I can't remember the last time I saw the Lakers run plays that had quality picks/screens being set for a mid-range shooter like the Clips repeatedly did for Kawhi. Very effective.

Agree. There were several times throughout the game where you could see that the Lakers weren't used to playing together and Clips were.

The Lakers did a lot of good things last night. But they have a lot of work to do still.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. There were several times throughout the game where you could see that the Lakers weren't used to playing together and Clips were.

The Lakers did a lot of good things last night. But they have a lot of work to do still.

no doubt. said the same thing last night. STILL got a lotta work to do...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi took a steaming shit in Lebron’s mouth. He seems to get off on tormenting Lebron.

They kept force feeding AD away from the basket and then would stand watching around while he went ISO, the extra effort on 50/50 balls wasn’t there, the offense seemed predictable and where the fuck was that pick & roll with AD and Lebron they kept hyping up?

Classic!

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
horrible player, that AD...

think maybe we can trade him for draft picks...?:dhd:

I never said that. I said once you factor in the loss of Ball, Ingram, Hart, Zubac...They are actually a worse team overall than last year even after adding AD. Not very hard to understand. They look terrible, slow and looks like father time has finally caught up with LeChina

The Pelicans on the other hand look pretty good and are going to be tough out once Zion comes back

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that. I said once you factor in the loss of Ball, Ingram, Hart, Zubac...They are actually a worse team overall than last year even after adding AD. Not very hard to understand. They look terrible, slow and looks like father time has finally caught up with LeChina

The Pelicans on the other hand look pretty good and are going to be tough once Zion comes back

lol, the very same players you spent last season bagging on...

yeah, ok...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, the very same players you spent last season bagging on...

yeah, ok...

Lakers will be fine. Unfortunately for them — they will be the 2nd best team that plays on their home court.

Clippers are going to be extremely tough to beat once George is back and gets in a rhythm with Kawhi. Kawhi looks like he is ready to take over the roll as the best player in the NBA.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a quick reminder... the Lakers are currently tied for dead last in the NBA.

:humble:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking like we'll soon have some company from the Lucky Charms Leprechauns...:dhd:
Yeah... Philly's a monster, they're gonna hold a bunch of teams in the 80's range scoring wise this season.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will really need Kyle Kuzma to step up big time. If Danny Green continues to play like he did, the Lakers will have some weapons. Danny Green by the way is a free agent for fantasy owners that wants to gamble on him and grab him as a reserve to see what happens

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will really need Kyle Kuzma to step up big time. If Danny Green continues to play like he did, the Lakers will have some weapons. Danny Green by the way is a free agent for fantasy owners that wants to gamble on him and grab him as a reserve to see what happens

That was one of Green's best games of his career, so yeah I doubt it. Probably more in the 10-14 ppg range. His career high was 33 and he got 28 and shot 7-9 from 3. Still I think even though it was a big price tag to sign him he will be much needed this season. Kuzma is going to have to play much better this season if the Lakers want to contend for a top 4 seed and go deep in the playoffs

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers will have a better season than the Lakers.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new season, AD added, and the league as wide open as it's ever been...

I'll say off the top it's looking like it's gonna be a fun season...

anyways, now that the real games will be underway soon it'll be interesting to see how all the parts mesh, but i like our chances...

but hey, that's me. how 'bout input from the rest o' y'all...?

NBA champions