• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How far can these Lakers go...?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why i'm really looking forward to the Christmas game.

With a bit of luck both teams should be healthy and in the Lakers' case, their on-court chemistry should be a lot better.
I like the Anthony Davis and Lebron combo much better then the Leonard and Paul George combo. I think the AD and LJ is balanced better, and if Kyle Kuzma returns without issues, he is going to give the Lakers a huge edge. He has easily been called the Lakers third best player. I also like the Lakers role players, but they are a new team and it's going to take some chemistry for them to get better.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kuzma >>>>>>>>>> Caruso >>>> Rondo

I don't disagree on this except I don't think it's quite as far as you put it, but

Lebron + Davis + Kuzma >>>> Leonard + George with missing third great player

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree on this except I don't think it's quite as far as you put it, but

Lebron + Davis + Kuzma >>>> Leonard + George with missing third great player

i was just talking about single players, not duos. 2 or 3 players isn't going to win a championship. As of right now, the Clippers have the better and more reliable depth imo but I wouldn't say the Lakers depth is bad. I actually like their role players. I also like the Lakers front court better. We wont know until both teams are healthy of who actually is the better team collectively though. All I know is both look like destined to be top 3-4 teams in the NBA.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stopping by to say the Lakers suck.

Had to.............:suds:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was just talking about single players, not duos. 2 or 3 players isn't going to win a championship. As of right now, the Clippers have the better and more reliable depth imo but I wouldn't say the Lakers depth is bad. I actually like their role players. I also like the Lakers front court better. We wont know until both teams are healthy of who actually is the better team collectively though. All I know is both look like destined to be top 3-4 teams in the NBA.

I actually think the Lakers have more depth, but the entire team is unproven and untested. There are ten new players and only two or three players returned. It's going to take time to developed. If we had Doc Rivers as head coach - and the Clippers had Vogel - Damn - the Lakers would be set

I do believe that if Anthony Davis were to agree to move long term to the Center - the Lakers would be almost unbeatable, but Dwight Howard was no joke last night. If he does that the entire season, He will be getting a contract long term guaranteed and I think the Lakers would give him a decent contract. If I was the Lakers, I would take a chance and offer Cousins a contract extension for next year and see if we could get lucky with him next year and get a return.

Doc Rivers, however is what makes the Clippers a better team right now -

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the Lakers have more depth, but the entire team is unproven and untested. There are ten new players and only two or three players returned. It's going to take time to developed. If we had Doc Rivers as head coach - and the Clippers had Vogel - Damn - the Lakers would be set

I do believe that if Anthony Davis were to agree to move long term to the Center - the Lakers would be almost unbeatable, but Dwight Howard was no joke last night. If he does that the entire season, He will be getting a contract long term guaranteed and I think the Lakers would give him a decent contract. If I was the Lakers, I would take a chance and offer Cousins a contract extension for next year and see if we could get lucky with him next year and get a return.

Doc Rivers, however is what makes the Clippers a better team right now -

It's close. Go 1-10 (at most) bc that is what we will likely see playoff time...really would be more like 9 but for this sake...

Top 3 for Lakers
Lebron
AD
Kuzma

4-10
Green
Bradley
Daniels
McGee
KCP
Howard
Cook

Top 3 for Clippers
Kawhi
George
Lou

4-10
Harrell
Beverly
J Green
Zubac
Harkless
Shamet
Patterson

Like I said it is close. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. The Clippers is their frontcourt depth but their strengths are shooting, playmakers and defensive versatility.

The Lakers strengths are backcourt defense, more shooters/guard play and frontcourt depth. Weaknesses are playmakers on the second unit. Kuzma should help that though bc it would either be AD and Lebron, AD and Kuzma or Kuzma and Lebron...that extra playmaker will help.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's close. Go 1-10 (at most) bc that is what we will likely see playoff time...really would be more like 9 but for this sake...

Top 3 for Lakers
Lebron
AD
Kuzma

4-10
Green
Bradley
Daniels
McGee
KCP
Howard
Cook

Top 3 for Clippers
Kawhi
George
Lou

4-10
Harrell
Beverly
J Green
Zubac
Harkless
Shamet
Patterson

Like I said it is close. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. The Clippers is their frontcourt depth but their strengths are shooting, playmakers and defensive versatility.

The Lakers strengths are backcourt defense, more shooters/guard play and frontcourt depth. Weaknesses are playmakers on the second unit. Kuzma should help that though bc it would either be AD and Lebron, AD and Kuzma or Kuzma and Lebron...that extra playmaker will help.

To me the X factors for the Lakers is going to be

Kyle Kuzma - Can this player step up this year and become an elite player - If he can step it up - then the Lakers could become a real power house and tough to beat.

Dwight Howard - the dude stepped up big time - if he maintains the right attitude, this could really revive his career and give him one. I think so far finishing his career with the Lakers and providing them with some electricity coming off the bench could give him the championship title he has been wanting

Honorable mention to Danny Green, McGee and Alex Caruso - the Lakers will need all of them to be ready on a moments notice and maintain the right attitude.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, they gonna be sucking up a championship in April, while Boston fans are going to be watching and weeping:suds:

you really think they can pass the clippers ?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you really think they can pass the clippers ?
If they had a better coach yes, but quite honestly I think Rivers gets a lot more out of his players than any other coach. I still think the Lakers, however have a deeper bench and it will come down to if the current coaching really learns how to use all of their talent effectively. Like @Shanemansj13 said, though - It's going to be close

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had a better coach yes, but quite honestly I think Rivers gets a lot more out of his players than any other coach. I still think the Lakers, however have a deeper bench and it will come down to if the current coaching really learns how to use all of their talent effectively. Like @Shanemansj13 said, though - It's going to be close

You can make a pretty good case that the LA teams are the 2 best in the West (Clippers a little better IMO)

Out East it's Sixers and Bucks (really close but probably Sixers a bit better)

If those teams stay healthy it's hard to see any others making the final 4. Obviously teams like Utah have a punchers chance (Denver?), and Houston but only if some crazy Russ/Harden super combo happens. Probably not.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit:

cant say I wish you good luck. It would be disingenuous

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can make a pretty good case that the LA teams are the 2 best in the West (Clippers a little better IMO)

Out East it's Sixers and Bucks (really close but probably Sixers a bit better)

If those teams stay healthy it's hard to see any others making the final 4. Obviously teams like Utah have a punchers chance (Denver?), and Houston but only if some crazy Russ/Harden super combo happens. Probably not.
It's a long season, and anything can happen. It's not likely, but I have seen a few players like Klay Thompson come back in time to make a difference and suddenly put the Warriors in the mix. The Spurs always seems to find a way to stay in it as well and Houston is going to be a tough team, but right now I agree that the Los Angeles teams are the best two teams