• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How far can these Lakers go...?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Clippers are better?

Right now, they are.

By the end of the season? Maybe not.

I think the Lakers have the better starters, even when PG returns, but the Clippers have the deeper bench and have had a lot less roster turnover.

Assuming everyone stays relatively healthy, once the Lakers get everyone on the same page, the gap should close considerably.

Barring some kind of big acquisition by the Lakers before the trade deadline, I expect that the Clippers will still be better, but the gap should be close enough that the Lakers have a good chance at beating them in a 7 games series. Especially since it'll essentially be 7 home games for them.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, they are.

By the end of the season? Maybe not.

I think the Lakers have the better starters, even when PG returns, but the Clippers have the deeper bench and have had a lot less roster turnover.

Assuming everyone stays relatively healthy, once the Lakers get everyone on the same page, the gap should close considerably.

Barring some kind of big acquisition by the Lakers before the trade deadline, I expect that the Clippers will still be better, but the gap should be close enough that the Lakers have a good chance at beating them in a 7 games series. Especially since it'll essentially be 7 home games for them.
Clippers have a better coach too

The gap is not so large that Lakers have no chance. But one team is better than the other. Lots of story still to be written of course. Lakers are definitely one of the title contenders.