• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Homecoming for Hamilton and the BoSox are in town

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now for sure someone is going to have to be DFA'd or sent to the 60day DL to make room for Rua to come back.

TEX before Beltre went down was already dealing with a 3 man bench. I wish Kouzmanoff was on the roster and could be activated to be the 13th position player. Right now the only guys would be the 13th guy are Tellis, Alfaro, Odor, Choice and Smolinski.

Not going to be either catcher. Not going to be Odor. And better not be Choice who is stinking it up. Going to be Smolinski if TEX decides to go back to a 7man bullpen.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree with you. If Beltre was gone the rest of the season or even 2 or 3 months then I'm at least open to it and listening which even then I just don't do yet. But for only 2 weeks it would be absolutely silly. Let him develop and get ripened as much as possible. What if he comes up for 2 weeks and is absolutely lost and sucks? He'd potentially go back to the minors with a regression mentally and lacking confidence which doesn't mean well for the future and big picture. Let me him stay in the minors and when you're ready to bring him up for the good or the really long haul then that's when you act.

So, if he comes up for 2 weeks and sucks he's potentially taking big steps backwards, right? So what happens if he comes up and sucks for 2/3 months and sucks?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if he comes up for 2 weeks and sucks he's potentially taking big steps backwards, right? So what happens if he comes up and sucks for 2/3 months and sucks?

At 2 or 3 months you at least have more time to adjust and have time to settle in. 2-3 weeks goes by fast and a very small sample size. That said I'm hearing nothing but the mental state of Gallo so perhaps it's a non factor with him.

At the end of the day I may not completely agree with JD's decision but in JD and clan I trust.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 2 or 3 months you at least have more time to adjust and have time to settle in. 2-3 weeks goes by fast and a very small sample size. That said I'm hearing nothing but the mental state of Gallo so perhaps it's a non factor with him.

At the end of the day I may not completely agree with JD's decision but in JD and clan I trust.
Tepid seems to think Gallo will have the same swagger whether he goes 0-40 or 15-40.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tepid seems to think Gallo will have the same swagger whether he goes 0-40 or 15-40.

Arrogant swagger or swagger with the willingness to improve, that's the issue being discussed

I've heard of many a "confident" player fail when things all of a sudden go their way

That being said, I think he's experienced enough "failure" at each level (minus AAA) that he knows there is plenty of room for improvement in his game, he's struggled at basically every level at first and then turned it around once he's adjusted, and that's certainly a positive

However, AA to ML pitching is a pretty sizeable jump and he was already having some issues with strikeouts at the AA & A+ levels, though its hard to imagine him striking out much more than he has, I think his biggest problem will be making weak contact on balls that were once solid hits

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me, and this is just my opinion, but him being up longer than a 2-2 1/2 week appearance would be overexposing him.

Let's keep in mind he's a AA player who strikes out A LOT. If he K's there, then he's gonna K here with even more regularity.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, and this is just my opinion, but him being up longer than a 2-2 1/2 week appearance would be overexposing him.

Let's keep in mind he's a AA player who strikes out A LOT. If he K's there, then he's gonna K here with even more regularity.

Probably more, but I doubt much more, the point I made somewhere else is not the increase in K's but the decrease in solidly hit balls due to the better stuff pitchers have at this level, prompting weakly hit balls that would've been crushed at the AA level