• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Homecoming for Hamilton and the BoSox are in town

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre will be out 15 days minimum if he goes on the DL and he should go on the DL.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland has an MRI on Friday and Harrison has his first rehab start with Round Rock Wednesday.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that the jet stream doesn't exist anymore.

Exactly, that was the point and not if Frank Thomas knows anything about hitting. In the case of Thomas that was then and this is now.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre will be out 15 days minimum if he goes on the DL and he should go on the DL.

I think so too. No point on messing around with this and playing short handed.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DOUBLE-A FRISCO (21-26) won its third consecutive series with a 2-1 victory over Tulsa (Los Angeles Dodgers.) RHP Jake Thompson, of Rockwall, worked a career-high eight innings, allowing one run. In his last three starts, Thompson has a 0.87 ERA for 20 2/3 innings.

LOW-A HICKORY (34-16) won its fourth consecutive extra-innings game, defeating Rome (Atlanta) 2-1 in 11 innings. RHP Ariel Jurado received a no-decision for six scoreless innings. Jurado, 19, has given up one unearned run in 17 innings during his last three starts.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, that was the point and not if Frank Thomas knows anything about hitting. In the case of Thomas that was then and this is now.

To be fair, you weren't sure it was Frank Thomas who was talking about the jet stream to begin with.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a really bitchy little passive aggressive post. Yes, I think it's a dumb idea to bring Gallo up. I don't care how much you disagree, I think it's stupid. I'm confident the Rangers will agree with me, and if they don't I'll publicly state I think it's stupid. Deal with it.

100% agree with you. If Beltre was gone the rest of the season or even 2 or 3 months then I'm at least open to it and listening which even then I just don't do yet. But for only 2 weeks it would be absolutely silly. Let him develop and get ripened as much as possible. What if he comes up for 2 weeks and is absolutely lost and sucks? He'd potentially go back to the minors with a regression mentally and lacking confidence which doesn't mean well for the future and big picture. Let me him stay in the minors and when you're ready to bring him up for the good or the really long haul then that's when you act.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TEX already had a short bench before Beltre went out ... so TEX is now down 2 position players.

Beltre's going to go to the 15day DL backdated to yesterday.

Only position players on the 40man who aren't already on the active roster (or the DL) are Tellis, Smolinski, Choice and Odor.

Count on Smolinski back up to replace a pitcher TBD and provide a late inning RH bat.

Could activate Odor to return to 2b and use combination of Rosales and Alberto at 3b and UIF.

Were Rua ready to return ... he could be activated to play 3b too. If he goes out on a rehab this week at FRI ... he could be back next week.

Anyone else you add to the 40man/25man to replace Beltre while he's on the DL is going to require a roster move (even if Thomas Field clears waivers). Only guys on the 15day DL that could be moved to the 60day to make room for an acquisition or promotion from the minors are Blanks and Feliz.

So for now ... I think TEX goes without a UIF, puts Rozales at 3b and activates Smolinski and activates Rua to play 3b in a week or so. They were going to have to figure out where Rua went anyway and there isn't room in the OF right now.

That said ... Gallo is going to need a 40man roster spot by next season anyway but you have to make a roster move DFAing someone or pushing Blanks or Feliz to the 60Day DL.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TEX already had a short bench before Beltre went out ... so TEX is now down 2 position players.

Beltre's going to go to the 15day DL backdated to yesterday.

Only position players on the 40man who aren't already on the active roster (or the DL) are Tellis, Smolinski, Choice and Odor.

Count on Smolinski back up to replace a pitcher TBD and provide a late inning RH bat.

Could activate Odor to return to 2b and use combination of Rosales and Alberto at 3b and UIF.

Were Rua ready to return ... he could be activated to play 3b too. If he goes out on a rehab this week at FRI ... he could be back next week.

Anyone else you add to the 40man/25man to replace Beltre while he's on the DL is going to require a roster move (even if Thomas Field clears waivers). Only guys on the 15day DL that could be moved to the 60day to make room for an acquisition or promotion from the minors are Blanks and Feliz.

So for now ... I think TEX goes without a UIF, puts Rozales at 3b and activates Smolinski and activates Rua to play 3b in a week or so. They were going to have to figure out where Rua went anyway and there isn't room in the OF right now.

That said ... Gallo is going to need a 40man roster spot by next season anyway but you have to make a roster move DFAing someone or pushing Blanks or Feliz to the 60Day DL.

I was wrong. TEX only has 38 on the 40man right now. So there is roster room to put Ed Lucas (AAA) or Joey Gallo (AA) on the 40man.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it...Good luck Joey. It's happening regardless. Kick some ass and learn as much as you can.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't been to AAA yet... maybe this helps him make the transition? Who knows.
He's done at Frisco. He's not going back to AA. If he doesn't stay in the majors he's going to RR.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done at Frisco. He's not going back to AA. If he doesn't stay in the majors he's going to RR.

I get that... I was saying he hadn't been promoted to Round Rock yet, therefore he can't go back to Round Rock.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that... I was saying he hadn't been promoted to Round Rock yet, therefore he can't go back to Round Rock.
Okay, so you're just wasting my time by pointing out trivial semantics.