• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers and Orioles Battle in the ALCS in a Best of Five Matchup October 7-13

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asstros & Rangers…

as it should be.
I'll begrudgingly root for the Rangers only because I can't stand the Astros.

In the NL, there's no way I'd ever root for Philly or Atlanta, so I guess I'm rooting for the Dbacks by default.

I think TX vs AZ would be a great WS.

Good luck in the ALCS.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll begrudgingly root for the Rangers only because I can't stand the Astros.

In the NL, there's no way I'd ever root for Philly or Atlanta, so I guess I'm rooting for the Dbacks by default.

I think TX vs AZ would be a great WS.

Good luck in the ALCS.
Thanks bro!!!

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to beat the Astros almost more than I want to win the WS. In fact, I'm not even thinking about the actual WS. This Astro series is everything. This is slaying the dragon, killing the giant. I loathe that team.
Anyone who is even a halfway decent human being loathes the Astros. They are hands down the most despicable franchise in all of pro sports by a very wide margin. Everything about them is awful and classless. Their owner is a soulless jerk who repeatedly threw everyone he could under the bus during their scandals and never took any real responsibility for what all went on. They were the only team who was willing to knowingly trade for a domestic abuser in Roberto Osuna just for a few extra wins. Then their scumbag executive Brandon Taubman shouted in the faces of the female reporters who were covering the Astros’ celebration, “thank God for Roberto Osuna!”, as if to celebrate domestic violence. The Astros denied he ever did such a thing, and Crane and Luhnow had the audacity to call the female reporters liars and try to smear them and ruin their credibility. And the trash fans in Houston DEFENDED Taubman and laughed about it. It was only when they found out there was video of the whole encounter that they were forced to retract their statements. And it STILL took them way too long to fire Taubman for it.

Oh yeah, then Yulieski Gurriel was caught on camera making slant-eyed gestures from their dugout towards Yu Darvish after they homered off him while some teammates laughed. Crane, Luhnow, and AJ Hinch did nothing.

And let’s not forget about the time that Reid Ryan (the shame of the Ryan clan) lied and accused the Rangers of not being willing to help out a team whose city was devastated by a hurricane. Then it came out that the Rangers actually offered multiple hosting and rescheduling scenarios including being willing to donate proceeds to their relief efforts. But because the Rangers weren’t willing to meet Houston’s exact demands, the Astros decided to smear the Rangers in the media.

Then of course was their whole cheating scandal. Everyone lied about that and continued to lie. Crane lied. Luhnow lied. Hinch lied. Cora lied. Altuve lied. Bregman lied. Correa lied. And meathead caveman Evan Gattis challenged Mike Fiers to a fight. They all smeared the character of the whistleblower Mike Fiers. Evidence mounted and they still continued to lie. Finally there was too much evidence present to hide anymore, so they all took turns blaming each other for who was really behind it all, who took part, who was “innocent”, etc. And their fans not only stood by them, they actually BRAGGED about the cheating and still wear it like a badge of honor to this day.

And if all of that wasn’t enough, Altuve wore an electronic signaling device under his jersey and claimed it was “just a new tattoo”. Their cheating not only changed the outcome of the playoffs and World Series, but it cost Yu Darvish millions of dollars, as the poor guy got battered by their cheating lineup in the playoffs and he became a much less attractive commodity the following offseason.

And to this day, Astros fans invade social media pages and discussion boards for the Rangers just to talk trash. Their pitiful city can’t compete with DFW in basketball or football, and they don’t even have an NHL franchise, so they brag about cheating to win a World Series.

Justin Verlander is an emasculated diva who lets his airhead wife run her mouth on social media and get into fights defending him. Lance McCullers is known league-wide as one of the biggest jerks in baseball, despite him not having accomplished a thing in years. And Jose Altuve is second only to Jose Bautista in terms of having the most punchable face in the league.

This series really is good vs. evil in just about every way.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New thread is up.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Will this is going to be a crazy week on Astros / Rangers Twitter
Trying to take high road and realize winning the WS in penultimate

But can not deny objectively anything you said
Pretty said. The whole tanking and database scam was terrible as well. The way they treated draft choices Ie Brady was tasteless resulting in a losing a draft spot was to me a tad unethical
MLB has let them go light in the name of business IMO. And if they can not allow steroid accused to get in HOF then their 1st win should be publicly tainted IMO