• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Read

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins fans are going to hate this ..... since they are basking in last year and (some seem to forget alot of details)
Spagnola: This Is Not The Same Ol' Story For The Cowboys

First part is Key..... (especially when they throw up they had as many injuries as we did (( NOT EVEN CLOSE))

IRVING, Texas – Flashback: Dec. 30, 2012, Landover, Md., 8:31 p.m. (EST), FedExField.

That is, if you can bear it.

Here are the Cowboys missing from the starting lineup:

C Phil Costa, DT Kenyon Coleman, NT Jay Ratliff, LB Sean Lee, LB Bruce Carter, S Barry Church, P Chris Jones.

Then, by the time the game concluded, a 28-18, NFC East title-clinching victory for the Washington Redskins, WR Miles Austin was out with an ankle sprain; WR Dwayne Harris had a high ankle sprain that left him in a walking boot the next day; WR Cole Beasley sprained the AC joint in his shoulder; QB Tony Romo suffered a broken rib; and WR Dez Bryant, already playing with a fractured finger in need of postseason surgery, managed to play through back spasms so bad he was carried from the locker room to the bus, then to his car upon the charter flight’s landing at DFW and driven right to the hospital for overnight observations.

Oh, and DeMarcus Ware, the one-armed man, finally completed an entire month of playing with a hyperextended elbow and a labrum tear in his shoulder in need of offseason surgery.

By game’s end, a crushing ending at that, here are some of the guys with whom the Cowboys were trying to clinch their second NFC East title in four years:

C Ryan Cook, LB Dan Connor, LB Ernie Sims, S Eric Frampton, CB Sterling Moore, CB Michael Coe, S Charlie Peprah, DT Brian Schaeffering, LB Brady Poppinga, Sean Lissemore starting at nose tackle and rotation guy Marcus Spears starting at defensive end. Of the group, only Spears, Lissemore and Connor had gone to training camp with the Cowboys, and of the 11, only four have an opportunity of returning for this season.

On top of that, the Cowboys had set some franchise records for futility, having rushed for the fewest yards in franchise history during a 16-game season; collecting the fewest takeaways in the franchise’s 53 seasons; and allowing opponents to not only rush for 2,003 yards, second most given up since 1986, but also average 4.5 yards a carry, second highest since 1963.

Seriously.

Yet there they were, owning the ball at their own 29-yard line, first-and-10, with 3:06 to play in the season, going no-huddle and trailing just 21-18. No joshing … and no excuses, just facts.

Now a flashback to the earlier loss ... Thanksgiving Day. Skins had a HUGE lead ... and came 1 dropped TD pass to Bryant from a tie game and going into overtime. Dont take my word for it ... watch the highlights ...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXvXaxcX0d4]Redskins vs Cowboys Thanksgiving 2012 Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

They almost blew it vs a broken up cowboys team ... and a 10 point win vs guys that are on the street now ....

Just some Saturday morning food for thought ... those of you that have us as "sucking" this year (one game away from winning the division last year ... and look at who we had playing for that win... player wise)
Don't think we wont be better than 8-8 this year? LOL I find it hard to belive we could be WORSE than 8-8 no matter what

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry about it too much twist. The foreskins only get to flex their muscles and talk smack once every 18 years.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry about it too much twist. The foreskins only get to flex their muscles and talk smack once every 18 years.

LOL aint you one of the ones saying we will stink it up this year?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't stay healthy and improve the o-line and running game, it could be a frustrating year.

All teams can point the the first issue and say the same thing. AS for the OL while I'm sure you all know I'm not satisfied with what we are going into this season with, I do think it has improved over last season. C is a huge upgrade, and I expect Smith to improve with experience. I believe Leary is at least equal to Livings. Add in the same MB, and Free we are better up front.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how the pass that was broken up to Bryant with a minute left would have tied it and sent it to overtime when the Redskins were ahead by 10 points at that point.

Good thing I didn't take your word for it. Cool story though.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams can point the the first issue and say the same thing. AS for the OL while I'm sure you all know I'm not satisfied with what we are going into this season with, I do think it has improved over last season. C is a huge upgrade, and I expect Smith to improve with experience. I believe Leary is at least equal to Livings. Add in the same MB, and Free we are better up front.

Manster I agree 1000%

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how the pass that was broken up to Bryant with a minute left would have tied it and sent it to overtime when the Redskins were ahead by 10 points at that point.

Oh lookie here. The SKIDS troll once again shows up to cry about what is discussed on the COWBOYS board. Go back to that cesspool of a board you belong at and talk to your hearts about the multiple early picks you will get for Cousins

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL no worries .... I've had girls break my heart in the past before ....

I know what it feels like when your heart feels like it's slipping out your ass and all is lost ;)

Shame Cowboys suck so bad.... and you were just a step better .... our worst your best ... I know it's a god damn heart breaker :suds:

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh lookie here. The SKIDS troll once again shows up to cry about what is discussed on the COWBOYS board. Go back to that cesspool of a board you belong at and talk to your hearts about the multiple early picks you will get for Cousins

Yeah, I corrected a Cowboy fan over a play that he said would have tied the game. Surely, that's trolling.

Boo hoo, bitch.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I corrected a Cowboy fan over a play that he said would have tied the game. Surely, that's trolling.

Boo hoo, bitch.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I aint call you a troll or any name ....

HAHAHAHAHAHAA BUTT hurt much? :laugh3:

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL no worries .... I've had girls break my heart in the past before ....

I know what it feels like when your heart feels like it's slipping out your ass and all is lost ;)

Shame Cowboys suck so bad.... and you were just a step better .... our worst your best ... I know it's a god damn heart breaker :suds:

Skins had real issues with pass rush last year, and a bad secondary. Not a good combo when it comes to keeping leads.

Luckily, not having our two starting safeties and 2 of our 3 best pass rushers from the previous season, didn't keep us from winning by ten points. :)

Hopefully both teams will meet at full strength so we don't have any more of this woulda and coulda nonsense.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boo hoo, bitch.

Tell you what. Get one known Cowboy's fan (WFRYE excluded), before the NFL season kicks off, to say they have no issue with you and I'll never call you dumb ass Fagskin again. I will never complain about you being here.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I aint call you a troll or any name ....

HAHAHAHAHAHAA BUTT hurt much? :laugh3:

Thought it was clear by who I quoted, that I was replying directly to Manster.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what. Get one known Cowboy's fan (WFRYE excluded), before the NFL season kicks off, to say they have no issue with you and I'll never call you dumb ass Fagskin again. I will never complain about you being here.

I don't care who has an issue with me and who doesn't. Fact is, if all it takes to get you to burst like that is to correctly state that it wouldn't have tied the game, then you have a mental problem.

Complain all you want about me being here. Take a poll. Go to Kinkos and make some posters. Or, just fucking say "oh yeah, you're right. Skins were up by ten at that point". It's not so fucking hard.

Last edited by a moderator: