• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going on a faux-vegetarian diet

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta figure out how to make my rub for pulled pork into low carb.

Anyone got ideas? It's basically I don't think I can use artificial sweetener and get the same results as real sugar on the bark with how i

Or maybe it's so much meat it may not even matter.

:think:

The answer to this is - don't even worry about it. I did all the math before making it and it came out to being 3 carbs per lb, and that's going to be depending on how much bark you get really. I usually eat about 1/3 of a lb, so that comes out to a whole 1 carb.

A diet I can eat pulled pork on.

tenor.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost 15 lbs since this post eating about 10 carbs a day and 60-70% fat.

20lbs.

1 more lb and I tie the least I've weighed in the past 4 years.

2 more lbs and I'll be the least I've weighed in about 9 years.

40 more lbs and I'll be about 15 years in the past, and 60 more lbs and I'll be back to my ideal weight.

:yes:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah dude, get it

Thanks, it's been crazy because even though I'm just cutting out most of my carbs, I'm also eating way less calories in a day and I'm not hungry. 1300 calories most days.

Normally when I just count calories, I limit myself to 2000 a day and that shit is hard for me to do. I stay hungry/craving and constantly want to eat.

If I get hungry now, I eat and I'm still way under 2000 usually.

But the bigger deal is my wife is actually following it and she is a sugar addict. She's already lost 15 lbs and she's a short/tiny thing so she weighs 120lbs less than me to start with. She put on a little weight since her dad passed last summer and she's knocking them right out. We expected her loss to be much slower.

Also feeling better in general.

We've tried this diet in the past without a ton of success, but I think I was missing "hidden carbs", so the cravings never went away and I still ate a lot and still craved a lot. So ended up counting calories instead. Like I would think - just get rid of the bun on a hamburger and you're basically 0 carbs. WRONG. Ketchup is full of carbs, onions have a few carbs etc. I'd never count BBQ sauce on my chicken, lots of carbs there too. Now I measure out my BBQ sauce and basically don't even use ketchup anymore because it's so crazy. Big difference.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, it's been crazy because even though I'm just cutting out most of my carbs, I'm also eating way less calories in a day and I'm not hungry. 1300 calories most days.

Normally when I just count calories, I limit myself to 2000 a day and that shit is hard for me to do. I stay hungry/craving and constantly want to eat.

If I get hungry now, I eat and I'm still way under 2000 usually.

But the bigger deal is my wife is actually following it and she is a sugar addict. She's already lost 15 lbs and she's a short/tiny thing so she weighs 120lbs less than me to start with. She put on a little weight since her dad passed last summer and she's knocking them right out. We expected her loss to be much slower.

Also feeling better in general.

We've tried this diet in the past without a ton of success, but I think I was missing "hidden carbs", so the cravings never went away and I still ate a lot and still craved a lot. So ended up counting calories instead. Like I would think - just get rid of the bun on a hamburger and you're basically 0 carbs. WRONG. Ketchup is full of carbs, onions have a few carbs etc. I'd never count BBQ sauce on my chicken, lots of carbs there too. Now I measure out my BBQ sauce and basically don't even use ketchup anymore because it's so crazy. Big difference.
awesome! i measure everything i eat. Im currently dropping some weight now, im losing on 3100-3200 calories........i weight 167.. Im glad its working for you. Glad yoru feeling better too, thats 100% what ur looking for. you dont realize where calories and macros are hidden till u start counting things

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome! i measure everything i eat. Im currently dropping some weight now, im losing on 3100-3200 calories........i weight 167.. Im glad its working for you. Glad yoru feeling better too, thats 100% what ur looking for. you dont realize where calories and macros are hidden till u start counting things

You working out a lot?

I need to do that more, but the nearest gym is 20 minutes away. Wanting to move in 3 months, hopefully closer to one.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until a nutritionist recognizes beer as an essential food group, i consider them all quacks.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You working out a lot?

I need to do that more, but the nearest gym is 20 minutes away. Wanting to move in 3 months, hopefully closer to one.
i usually do have a back injury now, i been sidelined for two weeks, otherwise its heavy lifting 5-6 days plus 1-2 day cardio

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go keto instead if you don't like tucking your penis.
The keto diet just doesn't seem healthy. I'd recommend the Mediterranean diet over it any day.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carbs...I don't know all the science behind it and I really don't care to, but having seen my wife go thru this maybe 4 or 5 times...I can say that crash carb diets do work, but...

Most people can't sustain that strict of a no-carb diet and that get my wife every time.

@SteelersPride is more right than wrong...to get on some kind of long term weight loss plan, you need a true lifestyle change....What you eat, how much, when you eat it all matters.

OP... in Nov of 2017...I was 248 lbs (I'm 6'3 so it didn't look terrible). But, my last checkup...the DR. said, your BP is too high, Cholesterol is too high...we have two options...put you on meds to control these things or let me see you come back here 200 to 205 lbs and reevaluate your blood again in 6 mos.

My problem was fast food lunches...Since Jan of this year...I'm down to 215lbs. Several years ago I was one of those suckers that bought a Total Gym workout machine and it turn into a clothes hanger like a lot of people.

Well, I dusted it off and started back using it more but the biggest thing...cutting out the high sodium, high fat foods (what my nurse calls empty calories) and replace it with something better for you. So in a little over 12 weeks I've lost over 30 lbs.

Bottom line...if you are fat...it's going to take a combination of efforts...just diet won't be enough...walking is a good start to supplement a diet change.

Cutting back on red meat is not a bad thing, but you need better plan. Trying to cut out meat is too drastic...baby steps...if you consume red meat 4 to 5 times a week...try cutting that to 2 or 3 days instead. Then find those other empty calories you're intaking and those you want to work a lot harder to cut out.
There is an old saying that I think holds true. You don't lose weight in the gym you do it in the kitchen.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You working out a lot?

Have you ever looked into body weight exercises (calisthenics)?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The keto diet just doesn't seem healthy. I'd recommend the Mediterranean diet over it any day.

Wife just had lab results done Monday and her stuff was better than usual. She passed a kidney stone and was in pain, I was worried the diet might be related but the doctor told us that her lab results looked really good and to keep doing what she was doing.

IMO, people should diet to whatever diet most closes matches their tastes. I'm not a big veggie eater for example, more of a meat and potatoes type guy. So this diet is easier for me to follow and since diet is largely about lifestyle changes it's the one I've found best suited for me.

So that diet would be horrible for me. I don't like fish(I try hard to, but can't) and I don't like many fruits and veggies, outside a few select ones. I would be miserable, and there is no way in hell I could ever stick to it.

But if you are someone who likes a lot of fruits, veggies and fish, then that would probably be a better diet for that person. You have to enjoy the type of food on the diet IMO, and it's not a 1 size fit all.

I'm not eating a bunch of new foods, I'm just not eating the foods I normally would that are high in carbs.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife just had lab results done Monday and her stuff was better than usual. She passed a kidney stone and was in pain, I was worried the diet might be related but the doctor told us that her lab results looked really good and to keep doing what she was doing.

IMO, people should diet to whatever diet most closes matches their tastes. I'm not a big veggie eater for example, more of a meat and potatoes type guy. So this diet is easier for me to follow and since diet is largely about lifestyle changes it's the one I've found best suited for me.

So that diet would be horrible for me. I don't like fish(I try hard to, but can't) and I don't like many fruits and veggies, outside a few select ones. I would be miserable, and there is no way in hell I could ever stick to it.

But if you are someone who likes a lot of fruits, veggies and fish, then that would probably be a better diet for that person. You have to enjoy the type of food on the diet IMO, and it's not a 1 size fit all.

I'm not eating a bunch of new foods, I'm just not eating the foods I normally would that are high in carbs.
I used to avoid vegetables too until I learned to cook them the right way and have the right combinations. For example, when I roast whole chickens I have vegetables that cook in the drippings and they are fucking delicious. Veggies just thrown together raw are a little too "earthy" for my taste.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to avoid vegetables too until I learned to cook them the right way and have the right combinations. For example, when I roast whole chickens I have vegetables that cook in the drippings and they are fucking delicious. Veggies just thrown together raw are a little too "earthy" for my taste.

I like green beans....

Fried in bacon grease.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like green beans....

Fried in bacon grease.
I started saving my bacon lard recently and I hate myself for not doing it sooner.