• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going on a faux-vegetarian diet

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was joking.

Lol. My bad. Totally whiffed on that one :L

giphy.gif

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was doing my oscar impression.

And a damn good one at that. I was like, “Why the fuck is being so argumentative when he was wrong?” :laugh3:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loyolas center kinda reminded me of Omar.

Omar is older than him though. And shorter. And prolly less skilled in the paint. But other than that...

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand vegetarianism for health reasons. Most meat is high in caliories and i know a couple of people who have a hard time digesting red meat (poor bastards).

I only find it offensive if you do it for moral reasons.

Good luck buddy. I know I could never do it. In fact, I think I am going to go out and buy a big fucking steak right now.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loyolas center kinda reminded me of Omar.

Omar is older than him though. And shorter. And prolly less skilled in the paint. But other than that...
I don't get it.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kinda looked like you, to me.
Huh. I've gotten Leonardo DiCaprio. Idris Elba that one time I nearly got kicked out of school for wearing blackface.

But never Cameron Krutwig.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh. I've gotten Leonardo DiCaprio. Idris Elba that one time I nearly got kicked out of school for wearing blackface.

But never Cameron Krutwig.

No way have you ever gotten Leonardo DiCaprio if the pictures you’ve posted are actually you. I’m calling bullshit in that right now.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way have you ever gotten Leonardo DiCaprio if the pictures you’ve posted are actually you. I’m calling bullshit in that right now.
Yikes.

F2B55ABD-7C47-4245-A37D-17E6BE07D262.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carbs...I don't know all the science behind it and I really don't care to, but having seen my wife go thru this maybe 4 or 5 times...I can say that crash carb diets do work, but...

Most people can't sustain that strict of a no-carb diet and that get my wife every time.

@SteelersPride is more right than wrong...to get on some kind of long term weight loss plan, you need a true lifestyle change....What you eat, how much, when you eat it all matters.

OP... in Nov of 2017...I was 248 lbs (I'm 6'3 so it didn't look terrible). But, my last checkup...the DR. said, your BP is too high, Cholesterol is too high...we have two options...put you on meds to control these things or let me see you come back here 200 to 205 lbs and reevaluate your blood again in 6 mos.

My problem was fast food lunches...Since Jan of this year...I'm down to 215lbs. Several years ago I was one of those suckers that bought a Total Gym workout machine and it turn into a clothes hanger like a lot of people.

Well, I dusted it off and started back using it more but the biggest thing...cutting out the high sodium, high fat foods (what my nurse calls empty calories) and replace it with something better for you. So in a little over 12 weeks I've lost over 30 lbs.

Bottom line...if you are fat...it's going to take a combination of efforts...just diet won't be enough...walking is a good start to supplement a diet change.

Cutting back on red meat is not a bad thing, but you need better plan. Trying to cut out meat is too drastic...baby steps...if you consume red meat 4 to 5 times a week...try cutting that to 2 or 3 days instead. Then find those other empty calories you're intaking and those you want to work a lot harder to cut out.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carbs...I don't know all the science behind it and I really don't care to, but having seen my wife go thru this maybe 4 or 5 times...I can say that crash carb diets do work, but...

Most people can't sustain that strict of a no-carb diet and that get my wife every time.

@SteelersPride is more right than wrong...to get on some kind of long term weight loss plan, you need a true lifestyle change....What you eat, how much, when you eat it all matters.

OP... in Nov of 2017...I was 248 lbs (I'm 6'3 so it didn't look terrible). But, my last checkup...the DR. said, your BP is too high, Cholesterol is too high...we have two options...put you on meds to control these things or let me see you come back here 200 to 205 lbs and reevaluate your blood again in 6 mos.

My problem was fast food lunches...Since Jan of this year...I'm down to 215lbs. Several years ago I was one of those suckers that bought a Total Gym workout machine and it turn into a clothes hanger like a lot of people.

Well, I dusted it off and started back using it more but the biggest thing...cutting out the high sodium, high fat foods (what my nurse calls empty calories) and replace it with something better for you. So in a little over 12 weeks I've lost over 30 lbs.

Bottom line...if you are fat...it's going to take a combination of efforts...just diet won't be enough...walking is a good start to supplement a diet change.

Cutting back on red meat is not a bad thing, but you need better plan. Trying to cut out meat is too drastic...baby steps...if you consume red meat 4 to 5 times a week...try cutting that to 2 or 3 days instead. Then find those other empty calories you're intaking and those you want to work a lot harder to cut out.
yes sir!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No-carb is impossible, but low carb isn't as hard. I've been eating lower carbs(under 100) for a few years now, but I mostly count calories. I lost 50lbs 2 years ago doing that, before putting 20lbs of it back on from not following it very strictly.

But it was a lifestyle change overall and even though I put 20lbs of it back on, I still maintained my diet for the most part even when not actually following it. I eat lower carbs and less calories now in general than I did a few years ago. Aka instead of eating 5 chili dogs on 4 slices of bread, I eat chicken and green beans.

I'm doing Keto right now though, I need to lose another 60lbs. I'll do it as long and as much as I can stand it. Lucky for me many of my meals are already 0 carbs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No-carb is impossible, but low carb isn't as hard. I've been eating lower carbs(under 100) for a few years now, but I mostly count calories. I lost 50lbs 2 years ago doing that, before putting 20lbs of it back on from not following it very strictly.

But it was a lifestyle change overall and even though I put 20lbs of it back on, I still maintained my diet for the most part even when not actually following it. I eat lower carbs and less calories now in general than I did a few years ago. Aka instead of eating 5 chili dogs on 4 slices of bread, I eat chicken and green beans.

I'm doing Keto right now though, I need to lose another 60lbs. I'll do it as long and as much as I can stand it. Lucky for me many of my meals are already 0 carbs.
good luck brother

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No-carb...it works, but not really. My wife has done it and lost 10lbs and 2 weeks, but it always comes right back...she can't sustain it.

5 chili dogs...there you go. This nurse I had at Kaiser was great. She had this way of communicating that encourages you to make a lifestyle change. To use her words...At the end of the day, our intake is about making a choice. First off, know what you are intaking, and stop and think about that choice.

In that case of the chili dogs or the chicken...in both cases, after you eat, the stomach is going to send a signal to the brain...we're good, not hungry anymore. But the brain wants those chili dogs which probably have 1000mg of sodium each...lol.

Once we can routinely make better choices, coupled with some kind of exercise, I think we collectively can drop weight and get healthier.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No-carb...it works, but not really. My wife has done it and lost 10lbs and 2 weeks, but it always comes right back...she can't sustain it.

5 chili dogs...there you go. This nurse I had at Kaiser was great. She had this way of communicating that encourages you to make a lifestyle change. To use her words...At the end of the day, our intake is about making a choice. First off, know what you are intaking, and stop and think about that choice.

In that case of the chili dogs or the chicken...in both cases, after you eat, the stomach is going to send a signal to the brain...we're good, not hungry anymore. But the brain wants those chili dogs which probably have 1000mg of sodium each...lol.

Once we can routinely make better choices, coupled with some kind of exercise, I think we collectively can drop weight and get healthier.

Most of her 10lbs is probably water loss. I've lost over 5lbs since Sunday this week, but the majority of that is no doubt water loss, not actual fat loss. I could easily gain that back in a single day.

A few years ago I rarely if ever ate chicken. I'm more of a beef eater. But with the chicken I'm able to eat more of it and still have less calories overall, so it's become my #1 meat and now I rarely eat beef or pork(outside breakfast and bbq). If I were to eat chili dogs like that, a single meal = 1200 calories and probably 100+ carbs. If I eat chicken and green beans(one of the few veggies I eat), it's like 600-700 calories.

Made a huge difference even when I don't follow my diet exactly. Has allowed me to keep the majority of the weight I lost previously off, but I'm going to have to restrict even further to maintain an even lower rate.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta figure out how to make my rub for pulled pork into low carb.

Anyone got ideas? It's basically I don't think I can use artificial sweetener and get the same results as real sugar on the bark with how i

Or maybe it's so much meat it may not even matter.

:think:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go keto instead if you don't like tucking your penis.

Lost 15 lbs since this post eating about 10 carbs a day and 60-70% fat.