• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goff vs RW

Put Goff on the Seahawks do they make the playoffs last year?

• Total voters

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson plays in a system that suits he. If Wilson were to move to another team, I'm not too sure he would be all that good. JMHO.

I think if he had a solid OL, imo he would be fine because he’s not a run first QB...he’s a QB that can run...you still would see him rolling out I think just due to his height but a smart OC would use his strengths.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get past Goff's deer in headlights performance in the SB.

RW destroys him by any measure.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is head and shoulders above Goff.

except in the wallet now, correct? with Goff's extension?

I am leaning towards no he would not have lead them to the Super Bowl

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a system QB. With McVay telling him what plays to use via the helmet communication he turn a dud QB into a pretty good one. Until the Pats figured out to wait until the time limit for communication was up, then set their defense, that changed every thing it seems. Goff needs help figuring out defenses and the correct play call. Maybe with more film work and coaching he can learn to figure it out without help .
again. DOnt take this as wilson bashing. But wilson seems like a system qb as well.
1) if you have a TOP qb why dont you build around him?
2) if you have a TOP qb, why is the offense not catered to him?
3) if you have a TOP qb, why are they not throwing?

It opens up a few questions for me.
1)Are the random twitter rumblings from some analytics true, does russ not see the field as good as we all think?
2)Is the offense in fact built around him, to his strengths, and not letting him chuck it all over is a good thing?
3)Does the FO know something we dont know?

im just spitballing, but the thoughts have cross my mind, i've voiced them a time or two, if we've had this convo forgive me, curious on your thoughts.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Goff just get the same extension? 4 years at $140 with $100 guaranteed?

Yeah but it doesn't kick for 3 seasons. And it was $134 million.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but it doesn't kick for 3 seasons. And it was $134 million.

Didn't know about the kick in part....

Rams are gonna run out of money soon aren't they?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a easy question to answer. Pete has his own idea on what type of offense he wants. He wants a run heavy offense and feels that leads to winning TOP (time of possession) and that he feels helps the defense immensely. Conversely pass heavy offenses puts a burden on the defense as the defense are on the field to long and too quickly, because passing the ball doesn't usually lead to winning TOP. Now some teams use short quick passes (Pats have used this approach in the past when needed) as a way to win TOP, that's just a different approach, but BB isn't apposed to running the ball either if he has the personnel .
When needed the Seahawks can and will go downfield passing the ball, they simply feel their approach (controlling TOP) is a winning approach and the preferred method of Pete Carroll. Personally I feel Wilson has been marvelous when called upon to go downfield passing and think the Seahawks have full confidence in him being able to do so.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always hate these comparisons. I think Goff could be a special talent for years to come with the right teaching. RW has been special considering but he's not a guy that will continuously light up the stat sheet or make fantasy owners happy. What he does is find ways to make the team win. Sometimes it's ugly as fuck( the Vikes game in Dec) and other times he will duel it out with the best in the game (the Chiefs match-up) and come out on top. Goff has shown signs of the latter beating the Chiefs, Seahawks twice and the Vikes early on when Cousins actually played really well in primetime. But it seems that Goff still needs to "run in the mud" so to speak. When shit goes south and he loses some weapons, he hasn't quite figured out how to dig out of the hole the way Russ sometimes does. That's more or less the way I see it but Goff is just a kid and it may still come to him.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again. DOnt take this as wilson bashing. But wilson seems like a system qb as well.

It opens up a few questions for me.
1)Are the random twitter rumblings from some analytics true, does russ not see the field as good as we all think?
2)Is the offense in fact built around him, to his strengths, and not letting him chuck it all over is a good thing?
3)Does the FO know something we dont know?

im just spitballing, but the thoughts have cross my mind, i've voiced them a time or two, if we've had this convo forgive me, curious on your thoughts.

He may be a system QB but so what? If the system is working why mess with it? Teams don't usually mix things up unless they need to because they are having losing seasons. But nobody besides the Pats have won more games than Seattle since Wilson became the starter. So if it ain't broke why fix it?

Here is something when it comes to Wilson's stats that is interesting. I think the debate is pretty much over that Brady is the GOAT QB. Wilson's first 7 seasons are arguably better than Brady's first 7 seasons, which seems impossible on its face but when you dive into the numbers its true. In 7 seasons Brady only has about 800 more passing yards (26364 yds to 25624 yds), and Wilson and Brady are basically tied for TD passes (197 Brady to 196 Wilson). However, Wilson threw 25% less INT's (86 to 63), and Wilson's passer rating after 7 seasons is 8 pts higher than Brady's was at the same point and sits at 100.3 for his career. And if you tack on Wilson's 3600 yards rushing and 16 rushing TD's compared to Brady's 600 yards and 6 rush TDs it shows Wilson is on a pretty impressive track compared to the GOAT QB of all time. And I'm not even remotely thinking Wilson will end anywhere close to Brady's final stats. I'm just saying that its tough to say Wilson's just a system QB when he's putting up HOF numbers this far along in his career.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing we have to think about is... Would Goff have had the same chemistry with the team as Wilson did if the roles were reversed? You can have all the talent in the world but if your teammates want nothing to do with you then your up shits creek without a paddle.

Also - Would the system/play calling be the same? Or would they have switched it up a bit?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a easy question to answer. Pete has his own idea on what type of offense he wants. He wants a run heavy offense and feels that leads to winning TOP (time of possession) and that he feels helps the defense immensely. Conversely pass heavy offenses puts a burden on the defense as the defense are on the field to long and too quickly, because passing the ball doesn't usually lead to winning TOP. Now some teams use short quick passes (Pats have used this approach in the past when needed) as a way to win TOP, that's just a different approach, but BB isn't apposed to running the ball either if he has the personnel .
When needed the Seahawks can and will go downfield passing the ball, they simply feel their approach (controlling TOP) is a winning approach and the preferred method of Pete Carroll. Personally I feel Wilson has been marvelous when called upon to go downfield passing and think the Seahawks have full confidence in him being able to do so.

well again, so the system is not to feature the qb, why pay him so much? they can go downfield sporadically when needed. We dont know if that can be done consistently. Yes pass heavy D puts a burden on the D. But again, if thats your top tier strength, you dont defer from it.

He may be a system QB but so what? If the system is working why mess with it? Teams don't usually mix things up unless they need to because they are having losing seasons. But nobody besides the Pats have won more games than Seattle since Wilson became the starter. So if it ain't broke why fix it?

Here is something when it comes to Wilson's stats that is interesting. I think the debate is pretty much over that Brady is the GOAT QB. Wilson's first 7 seasons are arguably better than Brady's first 7 seasons, which seems impossible on its face but when you dive into the numbers its true. In 7 seasons Brady only has about 800 more passing yards (26364 yds to 25624 yds), and Wilson and Brady are basically tied for TD passes (197 Brady to 196 Wilson). However, Wilson threw 25% less INT's (86 to 63), and Wilson's passer rating after 7 seasons is 8 pts higher than Brady's was at the same point and sits at 100.3 for his career. And if you tack on Wilson's 3600 yards rushing and 16 rushing TD's compared to Brady's 600 yards and 6 rush TDs it shows Wilson is on a pretty impressive track compared to the GOAT QB of all time. And I'm not even remotely thinking Wilson will end anywhere close to Brady's final stats. I'm just saying that its tough to say Wilson's just a system QB when he's putting up HOF numbers this far along in his career.

Well one its alot of dough to pay a guy. i agree no need to fix it. His numbers are awesome. But neither really has a great reason that the team hasnt built to its strength. REasons why teams may run etc, yes. But you build to your strengths.

Regardless, this was in point to the could goff win with the hawks......

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow to this poll

Jared has to wow me this year. And he should

Go Rams

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow to this poll

Jared has to wow me this year. And he should

Go Rams

Seriously what did you expect, vegan tater salad??? If it had bacon or pork fat, would have won in a landslide